Contribute
Register
So when I call through to Apple.. I am using my Macbook Pro but since it's outside of the warranty period they say they won't transfer me.. And if I use my fake serial, I'm afraid they won't transfer me either or will get way too suspicious. There HAS to be a fix without having to call Apple..

Just tried calling again using my fake serial.. The lady kept insisting it was invalid and was getting upset.. So I hung up. How are you guys doing this?? Is someone willing to do this for me?? hahaha.

Same issues here. iMessage was working fine this morning then I got knocked out. Once I tried logging in again I kept getting the error saying that the Apple ID could not be used to setup iMessage at this time. I've gone thru all the steps at the beginning of this thread clearing out the various plists but nothing will get it going again. I called Apple and got transferred around to several different techs but they never could figure out the issue either. Also my serial number is only 11 digits so they could not find it in their system. After a bit I just told them I had to go. I do believe they have implemented some new system to filter out Hackintoshes. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Same issues here. iMessage was working fine this morning then I got knocked out. Once I tried logging in again I kept getting the error saying that the Apple ID could not be used to setup iMessage at this time. I've gone thru all the steps at the beginning of this thread clearing out the various plists but nothing will get it going again. I called Apple and got transferred around to several different techs but they never could figure out the issue either. Also my serial number is only 11 digits so they could not find it in their system. After a bit I just told them I had to go. I do believe they have implemented some new system to filter out Hackintoshes. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Yeah I called to reset my security questions & she looks and lists all my machines.. and then said the iMac is locked. I asked to get it unlocked but since she didn't deal with that type of stuff she had to transfer me.

My question is.. why can't we just switch "machines"?? Isn't a new serial number a new machine?

UK customers ring 0330 124 1049 (its inclusive of your mobile phone allowance)

Had the validation code issue asking me to ring apple care and quote a validation code.

Just got off the phone with apple care. iMessage now fully working on my hackintosh :lol:.

Didn't get asked for any security questions or information other than my email address used to sign into iMessage.

Told him i knew there was no problem with password etc because i signed into iCloud website fine.

Told the guy i wasn't at the computer when he asked for the serial. gave him my validation code and then bam iMessage popped back into full functionality.

Really would recommend ringing even though there is a >10 mins wait to get through to their techs.

Didn't even have to reboot :clap:

Hey,

I had the "Call customer support" error.

I called apple and they solved it for me.

I had a real Mac SN with me (not used in hack smbios).

If you have this issue, just call.

They will ask for SN, your name, your AppleID and then your customer code. And voilà.

They removed something on their support software.

Thank you for the great subject.

I also had this problem, and called Customer Support here in Portugal, gave (fake) SN, that they of course didn´t find, but after gave the error code, and they unlocked my account and problem was solved for iMessage.

However, i can´t seem to login to facetime...any tips to solve this?

In Chameleon Wizard I'm choosing from the premade SMBioses "Mac Pro (3,1) - LGA775" and I end up with an 11 character Serial Number. I can click random multiple times on Week of Manufacture and Unique Number and still end up with the same 11 character length. If I switch to "iMac (14,1) - LGA1150" I get a 12 character code.

Should I switch my system type to an iMac and choose the iMac (14,1) - LGA1150" so I get a 12 character code or should I add a character to the 11 character one?

I also made sure I downloaded Chameleon Wizard from the community page I'm using version 4.3.2.

What are the pros/cons of using a system type of a Mac Pro vs an iMac?

Thanks again for the advice!

Jeff

@jborn,

Your right, i just run Chameleon Wizard and checked Mac Pro 3,1 and sure enough it generates a 11 digit serial number, i didn't know that .. I thought all OSX S/N where 12 digits., not sure what to to in that case ... I guess you could try and search the forums and see if you should leave S/N as 11 digits and make MLB 17 digits or increase S/N to 12 digits, reduce MLB to 16 digits ? ... really not sure about that as I don't use Mac pro 3,1 on any of my hacks except a really old one.

I know Mac Pro 3,1 used to work for me but i haven't tested it lately, wonder if this could be connected to the recent iMessage issues .....

I see form your signature that you have Z87 based motherboard. I have two Intel 8 series hacks here, both are using iMac 13,1 and work great, if i was me i would, set to it iMac 13,1, generate new S/N, remove nvram.uuid.plist and perform step 4 again.

When selecting a pre made SMBIOS you need to think about the CPU generation and Intel Chipset don't worry too much about graphics as you can fine tune that using the boot-loader. I use MacTacker which you can download from the Appstore for free to check out the various hardware on MAC models. Matching the Apple system type to your hardware will allow OSX to optimise itself to the features in the cpu and motherboard chipset.

Cheers
Jay

@jborn,

Your right, i just run Chameleon Wizard and checked Mac Pro 3,1 and sure enough it generates a 11 digit serial number, i didn't know that .. I thought all OSX S/N where 12 digits., not sure what to to in that case ... I guess you could try and search the forums and see if you should leave S/N as 11 digits and make MLB 17 digits or increase S/N to 12 digits, reduce MLB to 16 digits ? ... really not sure about that as I don't use Mac pro 3,1 on any of my hacks except a really old one.

I know Mac Pro 3,1 used to work for me but i haven't tested it lately, wonder if this could be connected to the recent iMessage issues .....

I see form your signature that you have Z87 based motherboard. I have two Intel 8 series hacks here, both are using iMac 13,1 and work great, if i was me i would, set to it iMac 13,1, generate new S/N, remove nvram.uuid.plist and perform step 4 again.

When selecting a pre made SMBIOS you need to think about the CPU generation and Intel Chipset don't worry too much about graphics as you can fine tune that using the boot-loader. I use MacTacker which you can download from the Appstore for free to check out the various hardware on MAC models. Matching the Apple system type to your hardware will allow OSX to optimise itself to the features in the cpu and motherboard chipset.

Cheers
Jay

Jay,

Thanks for continuing to walk me through this! I downloaded MacTracker and it looks like iMac14,2 is the one for me. It is the closest to the actual CPU speed and chipset that I can find. Question now is how does OSX optimize itself once I select a new "Premade SMBioses", or more to the point is there anything I have to do beside select a new "Premade SMBioses" and generate new S/N, remove nvram.uuid.plist and perform step 4 again? Those steps I have to perform for iMessage, but are there other steps I have to perform to optimize it correctly?

I also thought that I selected Mac Pro 3,1 because one of the guides said that was the safest selection. Is there any truth to that assumption (not sure where I saw that nugget of information) Your suggestion to match you chipset and CPU makes sense to me, however this is a hackingtosh and matching a new system with an made up S/N might cause apple to get squirrelly?

Jeff

Back