Contribute
Register
Hi,

Thank's you for this topic.
Unfortunatelly I have try a lots of thing but iMessage still doesn't work.
Here is my config.plist (from Clover )

@klemant,

Have you checked your ROM value ?, you don't have it specified in your clover config plist.
Whats is its current value .... ? use iMessage Debug or Darwin Dumper.

You could try injecting the MAC address of en0 for your ROM value via the RTVariables section.
Please read section Part-1, Step 5d again which was updated yesterday with clover specific info.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

I'm now randomly getting the contact apple message now with iMessage. Doh!

For those of you that called Apple, did you go and find a genuine serial number or just used the one automatically generated in SMbios?

Thanks

When I called them, I simply gave them my fake generated SMBIOS one.
They couldn't find it on their end, so they just force an unlock on the UUID Lockout, or so I suspect.
I think you may need to own / have owned a genuine Mac or MacBook though, as those serials do show up on their end under your ID. And I think that may be a requirement for them to proceed.
A few people have had the same results now.

Check out my post back on page 107 :D

Jay,

Thanks for the confirmation, however now I don't know why iMessage stopped working. I've done the following so far:

Step 1: I can login to apple and have verified my account
Step 2: Reverified that the AppleIntelE1000e starts with en0
Step 3: I'm using Chimera 3.0.1, other than that, I skipped this step since iMessage was working previously on this machine
Step 4: This is really the only change I think I should be making. I deleted all the files including the com.apple.security files and rebooted
Step 5: NVRAM, I set this up previously, and since all I've done is erase files in Step 4, I don't think I have anything to do here.

I've also repaired permissions repeatedly and run sudo nvram boot-args=""

At this point I keep getting the "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again."

What am I missing?

I'm trying to work through the entire guide again. I'm gotten through most of the process and even written a very basic script to delete the files and directories in Step 4.

I could still use some direction on my questions above, and would like to clarify something from step 5 about the MLB and ROM values. To me it looks like the MLB is actual data, but not my UUID. What is this supposed to be? I believe it should be my Macs S/N + some random Alphanumeric characters to make it 17 characters long. Mine is the S/N (11 chars) + 5 chars giving me an MLB of 16 characters long. Is that OK? Is that also a boot related setup issue?

The ROM shows what I believe is a blank value. The data is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA== which equals blank right?

Since I'm using Chimera 3.0.1 I should be using FileNVRAM.dylib of 1.1.3. How do I tell which version I'm running?

Right now I'm thinking that I have a boot configuration problem with and should try and disable UEFI options in the bios?

Jay,

Thanks for the confirmation, however now I don't know why iMessage stopped working.

At this point I keep getting the "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again."

@jborn,

Have you checked your MLB & ROM values are valid ? - See Part-1, Step-5d.

@All,

Seems that quite a few of you are getting randomly logged out of iMessage and not being able to log back in. I don't why this is happening, maybe Apple are implementing new or revised checks, iMessage is still working for me on all 5 of my Hacks here in the UK.

If you've been effected by this recent wideness and iMessage has been working fine for you up to that point then i would suggest trying the following:

• Check SM UUID value - See Part 2 of the guide
  • Is your boot-loader is up to date ? - check version of FileNVRAM if necessary - See Part1, Step3
  • Check your MLB & ROM values - See Part1, Step5d of the guide
  • Perform all of Part-1, Step 4
  • Clear nvram boot args
  • Delete nvram.uuid.plist in /Extra
  • Reboot and try again
After performing the above steps, you may get a iMessage Alert with a customer code and request to contact Apple Support - if this happens then iMessage is now communicating with Apples Servers ok but a block has been put on your AppleID/Device.

I think it's very possible that Apple has implemented further new/updated iMessage checks on the backend systems that try to protect your AppleID from un-authorised use. There has been a lot of news that iMessage is being used to send spam and viral attacks so maybe this is part of Apple response.

Theory: If the Apple systems think someone is trying to use your AppleID or Device ID without your permission because too many attempts to connect are detected with invalid ROM and/or MLB values and because the majority of us have non real/registered OSX S/N there is no way for their system to know that the request is valid so a lock is applied and you will get the message to contact Apple with a customer code.

The customer code acts like a software validation number, when you give it to the Apple representative it proves that it was generated on your system and the block is lifted - it by passes the fact that the OSX S/N can not be automatically verified.

I should stress that the above is speculation at the moment but would tie in to the feedback thats been posted over the last week or so.

If you get a Customer Code and a request to contact Apple then you should, please See the revised text in Part-2, Step 8 if the guide for further info on contacting Apple with a Customer code.

It would be nice to try and verify this latest issue/theory, If think you've been effected by this please post feedback success or fail, if you do call Apple and get the chance, maybe a few choice questions as to what happened may help us explain whats going on. In almost all cases Apple support is friendly and helpful.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@klemant,

Have you checked your ROM value ?, you don't have it specified in your clover config plist.
Whats is its current value .... ? use iMessage Debug or Darwin Dumper.

You could try injecting the MAC address of en0 for your ROM value via the RTVariables section.
Please read section Part-1, Step 5d again which was updated yesterday with clover specific info.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Thank's for answer.
I have already try to inject MLB and ROM value but in the Clover Wiki : (http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/RtVariables#ROM) it's say that Clover automatically read value from SMBIOS.

Deprecated! Will automatically be read from SMBIOS.

With iMessage debug, the value are correct (ROM = MAC address of en0)

The error is : Your Id can't be use to configure iMessage at the moment... blabla... contact support...

Sometimes i can connect (when I my secondary AppleId @me.com). But my account isn't connected and my account config is empty... as the screen below show : http://www.dropbox.com/s/axu4bm8h57kmnjw/Capture d'écran 2014-08-27 14.47.35.png

Hi Boys & Girls

I can confirm that calling Apple works.

After reading some of the other posts I thought why no give calling Apple a go. So I did. They asked me a few security questions regarding my Apple ID. They then asked for the serial number. I gave them the Serial number found in about this mac > more information. They then asked for the 'Customer Code' given by iMessage.
Once they had done what they needed to do on their systems they asked me to reboot. Once completed I tested iMessage and FaceTime. I can confirm they worked beautifully. I was able to iMessage and FaceTime my wife without a problem.

I hope this helps folks. :headbang:

I'm trying to work through the entire guide again. I'm gotten through most of the process and even written a very basic script to delete the files and directories in Step 4.

I could still use some direction on my questions above, and would like to clarify something from step 5 about the MLB and ROM values. To me it looks like the MLB is actual data, but not my UUID. What is this supposed to be? I believe it should be my Macs S/N + some random Alphanumeric characters to make it 17 characters long. Mine is the S/N (11 chars) + 5 chars giving me an MLB of 16 characters long. Is that OK? Is that also a boot related setup issue?

The ROM shows what I believe is a blank value. The data is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA== which equals blank right?

Since I'm using Chimera 3.0.1 I should be using FileNVRAM.dylib of 1.1.3. How do I tell which version I'm running?

Right now I'm thinking that I have a boot configuration problem with and should try and disable UEFI options in the bios?

I'm trying to figure out how to disable the UEFI options in the BIOS setup page for a Gigabyte Z87X-OC in order to get the nvram ROM value initialized correctly. I don't see any options for UEFI except for boot sequence, which brings up the question if I disable UEFI will I still be able to boot?

To me it looks like the MLB is actual data, but not my UUID. What is this supposed to be? I believe it should be my Macs S/N + some random Alphanumeric characters to make it 17 characters long. Mine is the S/N (11 chars) + 5 chars giving me an MLB of 16 characters long. Is that OK? Is that also a boot related setup issue?

@jborn,

All UUID's should be XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXX

MLB should be your OSX S/N + 5 extra alpha numeric characters

Your ROM value looks invalid - try injecting the MAC address of en0 for ROM value

If your not sure which version of FileNVRAM you have installed, simply delete the existing version in /Extra/modules and replace it with the correct version from the archive attached to Part-1 of the guide.

When using Chimera or Chameleon for your boot-loader i aways recommend disabling UEFI in the BIOS if you don't need it for Windows 8.1.

Cheers
Jay

@jborn,

All UUID's should be XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXX

MLB should be your OSX S/N + 5 extra alpha numeric characters

Your ROM value looks invalid - try injecting the MAC address of en0 for ROM value

If your not sure which version of FileNVRAM you have installed, simply delete the existing version in /Extra/modules and replace it with the correct version from the archive attached to Part-1 of the guide.

When using Chimera or Chameleon for your boot-loader i aways recommend disabling UEFI in the BIOS if you don't need it for Windows 8.1.

Cheers
Jay

OK, my file size for FileNVRAM was matched the size for 1.1.2 ,so I placed in the 1.1.3 version since I'm using Chimera 3.0.1

Question on the Injecting process. I found the Mac for en0 using ifconfig from a terminal window and used the XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX after ether. I'm assuming that is correct?

When I inject this data do I do:
1) sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
2)
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=XXXXXXXXXXXX
3)
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=a base 64ed version of XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
4)
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=a base 64ed version of XXXXXXXXXXXX

And does this injection have to been done after each reboot? Or only once?

Once again thanks for the help!

Back