Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone.

I've been trying a lot of different ways to get my iMessage / FaceTime accounts to sign in. Possibly every way listed on various websites. From SMBIOS to fresh install. Unfortunately, it kept leading me to the same annoying message: "... Contact AppleCare with the following Customer Code".

Here's a scenario where I contact AppleCare regarding this issue.

NOTE: If U.S. support isn't available, UK will also do. Also, if you don't have AppleCare in your country (like I do) just use Skype to call them. Skype offers a free monthly world-wide credit. Check it out on their site or just buy normal credit.

-

(This is an automated system. Be sure to slowly answer when asked questions).

System: I will now ask a few questions regarding your request.
System: Have you already called us about this issue?
Me: No.
System: What model are you using?
Me: iMac.
System: Ok, an iMac (you can correct her if it was wrongly said). What's your Serial Number?
Me: XxXx-XxXx-XxXx (Slowly dictating my Serial Number).
System: Ok, so it is XxXx-XxXx-XxXx. If it's correct say Yes, else No.
Me: Yes.
System: Ok, now please wait until an advisor is available.

​(Now you'll be querying for an advisor. Mine took about 15 minutes. Just listen to the nice music that's playing in the background).

Support: Hey, my name is Ashley. What is your Serial Number?
Me: (Sigh... you already have it).
Me: XxXx-XxXx-XxXx.
Support: Ok, and you're using an iMac, am I correct?
Me: Yep.
Support: What's your name?
Me: XxX.
Support: What's your email?
Me: [email protected].
Support: Ok, give me a few minutes to check a few things.

(They'll check on your AppleCare warranty using your Serial Number. You can use an expired one like I did because we're not asking for technical help, just something minor that doesn't require warranty).

Support: When you first buy an iMac you get free 90-Day Technical Support on the telephone. Yours seems to be expired. What else can I do for you?
Me: This is regarding iMessage. I'm trying to sign in and it tells me to contact AppleCare with a Customer Code...?
Support: So just to make sure -- you're trying to sign in into iMessage and it tells you to contact AppleCare with a Customer Code?

(They'll check a few things and ask some annoying questions, just answer them. Things like "is this the only Apple ID you've been using?" "What OS version are you running?").

Support: What's your Customer Code?
Me: XxXx-XxXx-XxXx.
Support: So, it's XxXx-XxXx-XxXx, am I right?
Support: Okay, give me a few minutes.

(Now the real process begins. They're authorising your email so you can use it with iMessage / FaceTime).

Support: Okay, give it a try now.
Me: That seems to work! However, I can't send real SMS, only for those who have an iPhone / iMessage available.
Support: Make sure both WiFi and Bluetooth are enabled in both the iMac & the iPhone.

(Now she kindly explained how it works. I actually didn't know that you can't use it without Bluetooth).

Support: Would you need anything else?
Me: No, thank you very much. Have a nice day!
Support: Have a nice day, bye-bye.

-

So, everything is now solved & working.

Bump for attention!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back