Contribute
Register

How to fix Aquantia 10 Gb Ethernet for Big Sur

I guess it will require the same kind of patches, but I don't know how to create them. I'd love to learn if someone can walk me through the process.
I just saw some ppl have 2.5GbE working in their hack, but I don’t have 2.5GbE so can’t help you on that.

I just saw some ppl have 2.5GbE working in their hack, but I don’t have 2.5GbE so can’t help you on that.
Can you tell me how you made the AQC 107 patch? Specifically, where did you get the values for Find and Replace?

Can you tell me how you made the AQC 107 patch? Specifically, where did you get the values for Find and Replace?
Those values are exactly what OP posted... I just formatted it and put it into my plist.

Have you seen this before, and if so do you know how to fix it?

Attachments

• 8E1A32DD-60EE-48F9-BB91-935BA6CB6682.jpeg
    8E1A32DD-60EE-48F9-BB91-935BA6CB6682.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 178
Have you seen this before, and if so do you know how to fix it?
Never seen that before. You sure you didn't accidentally touch something in that patch when editing your plist? You can try copy-pasting my patch again.

I should have mentioned that this error was on a different computer: MSI MEG Z490 Godlike; Intel Core i9 10900K, macOS Big Sur 11.1. I have the same problem as on my Gigabyte Z490 Extreme, i.e. the Aquantia AQC 107 device doesn't show up in my Network Preferences. So I tried the same patch you gave me yesterday but no luck so far. As for getting Borked that was because I didn't have MinKernel set to 20.0.0, once I fixed this the bork went away. Attached are some screenshots of my Hackintool output and my config.plist. I'd appreciated any help you can offer.

Attachments

• MSI MEG Z490 Godlike3.jpg
    MSI MEG Z490 Godlike3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 201
  • MSI MEG Z490 Godlike5.jpg
    MSI MEG Z490 Godlike5.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 199
  • MSI MEG Z490 Godlike4.jpg
    MSI MEG Z490 Godlike4.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 185
  • MSI MEG Z490 Godlike2.jpg
    MSI MEG Z490 Godlike2.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 174
  • MSI MEG Z490 Godlike0.jpg
    MSI MEG Z490 Godlike0.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 193
  • MSI MEG Z490 Godlike1.jpg
    MSI MEG Z490 Godlike1.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 194
I should have mentioned that this error was on a different computer: MSI MEG Z490 Godlike; Intel Core i9 10900K, macOS Big Sur 11.1. I have the same problem as on my Gigabyte Z490 Extreme, i.e. the Aquantia AQC 107 device doesn't show up in my Network Preferences. So I tried the same patch you gave me yesterday but no luck so far. As for getting Borked that was because I didn't have MinKernel set to 20.0.0, once I fixed this the bork went away. Attached are some screenshots of my Hackintool output and my config.plist. I'd appreciated any help you can offer.
Is it the same add in card? If not then maybe you need a different patch, if yes then I'd first make sure the two patches in the two plists are exactly the same. I see you also used "add device" function in OC which is the same as I did. Other than that I can't help much, I don't have the skill to do kernel debugging and stuff.

Never seen that before. You sure you didn't accidentally touch something in that patch when editing your plist? You can try copy-pasting my patch again.
I have seen the borked message before for unrelated graphics injection testing. I recall when trying to inject the device through Device Properties while having a SSDT or Kext that conflicted with the D/P injection in OC.

Thanks guys. I re-entered the patch, cleared the VRAM and rebooted and the AQC107 showed up.

Back