Contribute
Register

How to fix Aquantia 10 Gb Ethernet for Big Sur

It seems also AQC113C need spoofing (see here)

Some infos from @CaseySJ
Hope this helps
I think my problem is the ssdt is at the wrong port. The ssdt i am uss has rp0, when i think it needs to be this /PCI0@0/PEG0@1/PEGP@0.. Cant figure out how to change it. Thanks

Attachments

• pcidevices.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 37
  • config.plist
    18 KB · Views: 45
  • SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C.aml
    287 bytes · Views: 51
I've got a Sonnet Solo 10G installed in my "Mix A" build, OS 12.6.2. Having made the changes described elsewhere in this thread to ForceAquantia Quirk and DisableIoMapper, my card is recognized in System Information > Network, as 10Gbase-T, Full Duplex. However, I'm only experiencing 2.5~3Gbps between my computer and my Synology NAS. I've tested both over SMB, as well as over SFTP.
Screen Shot 2023-07-03 at 5.54.47 PM.png

Tough to say whether it's a Synology issue, a Hackintosh issue, or a network infrastructure issue. The both my NAS, a Synology DS1821+, and my Hackintosh are connected to an unmanaged 10G switch, TP-Link TL-SX105. Green LED's for both connections indicate 10G speed, per the switch. All cabling is Cat6 and quite short, not sure what's preventing me from my full bandwidth.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 28
What drives are in your synology box and in what config? Spinning drives will rarely saturate 10gbe connection unless you have a lot of drives.

Install iperf3 on DSM and use it to test total throughput irrespective of drives count/config.

Berardino

What drives are in your synology box and in what config? Spinning drives will rarely saturate 10gbe connection unless you have a lot of drives.

Install iperf3 on DSM and use it to test total throughput irrespective of drives count/config.

Berardino
Thanks, ran iPerf3 and confirmed 9.9 Gbits/sec. The box has 8x 10TB WD Red Pro drives, and is configured as Synology Hybrid Raid (SHR)

I did increase the MTU on the NAS and local computers to Jumbo / 9000, which seems to have increased the functional throughput to ~3.6 over SMB, still seems low but at least now I know the computer side is working fine and I can kick this to Synology support.

I think you're getting typical performance. They list faster speeds on their site but the fine print says that's using all SSDs for storage.

FYI I built a Linux box a couple of years ago to replace my Synology box with 8x HDDs and my raw performance is similar to yours. I did install 128gb of memory (why not, DDR3 ECC is cheap) with most of that being reserved for ZFS cache and when reading/writing to/from cache, I get the full 10gbps :)

This is really just for bragging rights as in real-world use even 3-4gbps doesn't often happen given its mixed-use (time machine backups is the most used function and that's small files).

Hope this helps

Thanks, ran iPerf3 and confirmed 9.9 Gbits/sec. The box has 8x 10TB WD Red Pro drives, and is configured as Synology Hybrid Raid (SHR)

I did increase the MTU on the NAS and local computers to Jumbo / 9000, which seems to have increased the functional throughput to ~3.6 over SMB, still seems low but at least now I know the computer side is working fine and I can kick this to Synology support.

I run DSM6 on a Synology clone and I get ~250-300MB/s writes and just over 1000MB/s reads over 10GBase-T. I also have an eight drive array with a mix of 12, 16, and 18TB drives on SHR2.

At the very least, I think your read speeds should be better.

Last edited:
Got my ASUS XG-C100C (AQ107) 10GBe card working by updating to the latest OC 0.8.0 with "Prefer Shikumo's Aquantia patch" commit.

Adding the quirk ForceAquantiaEthernet = True to the plist along with DisableIOMapper = false and setting vt-d to enabled in bios

Card works at full 10GBe speed but have lost wifi, handoff and airdrop now.

Edit: VT-d enabled and setting DisableIOMapper = false disables my other network interfaces other then the AQ107
I'm having the same issue as well. I got my AQ107 card working but wifi is not working now. Were you able to get them to work together?

I'm having the same issue as well. I got my AQ107 card working but wifi is not working now. Were you able to get them to work together?
You can try and have a look at this post >

Back