Contribute
Register

How to fix Adobe Creative Cloud on Mavericks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7-4770K Haswell
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks,

I just got my very first built running. It's very similar to tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600 (Link), except that I built in the EVGA GTX 660 that I already had lying around.

Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 17.32.33.png

Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 17.32.41.png
My whole idea of building a CustoMac was having a powerful box to work (graphic design/photo/video/audio) with and being independent from Apple as far as hardware and upgrading goes. So far so good.

Now I bumped into real trouble installing Adobe Creative Cloud (I have a legit subscription) on the box. The desktop installer from the creative.adobe site freezes at the initialisation of the installation before doing anything at all.

Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 15.50.16.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 15.52.21.png

I could not even find any log files. Since Adobe is getting quite a lot of my money on the monthly i figured why not try their support. In short they told me that custom built Macs (the guy from Adobe called it «virtual machines»(??)) are not supported by their software and that I should buy original Apple Hardware or Windows OS in order to use their software. For those interested, here's the original chat history.

Now I found a way to get the Installers for each software product within CC directly from the servers. But If anyone here could help me to get the Creative Cloud Application running I would immensely appreciate that. And although InDesign CC for example is now running on my machine, Photoshop and After Effects crash right after calling them up. Here's a log After Effects gave me.

I desperately need to get these things running, its what i built this machine for. Can someone please help me? If anyone has or had similar experience please talk about it here, so we can also pave the way for people who may run into it in future.

cheers, malaclipse23

Hi Bob_the_Tomato,

thanks for your contribution! I really feel the community should be able to solve this issue.
Did you get CC apps running on your CustoMac?

Actually I had come across the post you mentioned but forgot about it as I discovered how to get CC apps installed. However, since they are still not working, I will proceed as the post explains as soon as I find the time.

What I did test meanwhile, was getting Adobe Creative Cloud app and Photoshop CC to run with my GPU not installed. I got the same hangs and error messages. I therefore assume its not a Graphics problem. (?)

Does anyone know something about what the reasons for this problem could be?

cheers

Hi,
I have the same board except with an i5 and no dedicated graphics card. Creative Cloud 30 day trail installation worked for me. May be that there is an issue with the graphics card that is checked during the installation?

Thanks mate, but I already read every single post related, at least the first two pages of results google spits out. But never mind, I actually just forgot to update my post here. One evening I came home and accidentally updated the OS without checking TMx86 beforehand... however everething except onboard sound transitioned well – and guess what! Since then all the Adobe Apps are working perfectly, as is Apple Logic.

Cheers

Can't speak about the whole suite but I can confirm that Photoshop CC installs and works perfectly. I would try installing that first. If that doesnt work then I suspect that it's not a hackintosh related issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back