Intel Core i3-6100
Graphics
Zotac NVIDIA GT 710 2MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have an interesting situation. There are certain .jpg files on my computer that instantly cause a reboot when I double click them in the find (or the finder even tries to show a preview of them). I can open these in safari or other programs

I've re-applied combo update, re-installed Sierra, etc., but it still happens. However, when the computer boots, I can't seem to find the kernel panic file like on a normal mac. I have a 100 series mobo (GA-H110N) which I have to use the RC scripts and EmuVariableUefi to get "nvram-like" functionality - if that matters.

Is there anything I can do to recover s .panic file when I reboot to help figure out what's going on?

I've re-applied combo update, re-installed Sierra, etc., but it still happens. However, when the computer boots, I can't seem to find the kernel panic file like on a normal mac. I have a 100 series mobo (GA-H110N) which I have to use the RC scripts and EmuVariableUefi to get "nvram-like" functionality - if that matters.

Is there anything I can do to recover s .panic file when I reboot to help figure out what's going on?
Note that crash reports are only available when using native NVRAM.

If you're using emulated NVRAM (EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi+RC scripts), you will not get crash reports as there is no opportunity for the RC scripts to write NVRAM data to a file.

Add the Boot flag debug=0x100 that should stop the automatic reboot on kernel panic.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100)

Add the Boot flag debug=0x100 that should stop the automatic reboot on kernel panic.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100)

Ah, thank you, BreBo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back