Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, why don't you ask @GDS? Or do you expect me to analyse the attached BIOS file?

Instead of attaching the file, you should have better quoted his post. For sure he explained something when uploading his zipped modified X99D2 BIOS firmware.
No worries then. I will ask @GDS. thank you.

@GDS

Hi GDS,
Thanks for the bios patch. Just to confirm that this is good to go for my Asus X99 Deluxe II, using the Bios Flashback.

for people interested, my tiny little contribution, the X99D2.CAP patched (as the X99-A2 and the Deluxe2 have different bios)
checksum different and size different
;)

Reactions: GDS
This is to let you know that due to vacations, I will be basically unavailable from 28th March until 3rd April 2019.

Thanks for your comprehension, my friends..

@kgp Updated to 10.14.4 without any issues. The new XCPM patches make updating a much cleaner process. I can also confirm that my RX580 with the help of the Dummy141.kext now supports HEVC and H264 H/W encoding/decoding without any freezes or glitches.

Have a wonderful vacation. Cheers.

Sorry for spaming, can someone point me a post how to install latest Mojave on Asus x99 A II? Many thanks!

the bios attached works perfectly on my rig
BUT maybe a new one exists
this one modified is stable ;)
so no problem at all
follow the way to patch it bec use sometimes it is pretty tricky to patch perfectly
(I did it with the button on the back)

@GDS

Hi GDS,
Thanks for the bios patch. Just to confirm that this is good to go for my Asus X99 Deluxe II, using the Bios Flashback.

Hi KGP. Hope youve had are having a good vacation!

for when you're back :) ->

Can i follow this guide today in 2019 for my below hardware.

Asus X99 DELUXE mobo.
Version 3902 bios
asus gtx 1070 ti

should i also do the microcode - bios date from asus is 2018/04/26

want to install high sierra.

would say this guide is close to vanilla?

thanks again

G

Hi KGP. Hope youve had are having a good vacation!

for when you're back :) ->

Can i follow this guide today in 2019 for my below hardware.

Asus X99 DELUXE mobo.
Version 3902 bios
asus gtx 1070 ti

should i also do the microcode - bios date from asus is 2018/04/26

want to install high sierra.

would say this guide is close to vanilla?

thanks again

G
Yes you can follow this guide @kgp that has done. As far as the bios and microcode, I would highly recommend running ubu on it to insert the full microcode into your bios image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back