Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @kgp ,

I have successfully installed high sierra on my setup following your guide(thank you very much for it):

CPU: i7 6800K
MB: MSI X99a Gaming 7
GPU: MSI GTX 1070
SSD: Kingston Now UV 500
Sound: RME Babyface
OS version: 10.13.6 SU 17G5019

I had a few problems like not working Ethernet so i downloaded drivers for Killer E220x and after that a freezing problem with nvidia drivers, i tried few settings and found out that it's the G-Sync setup that that i enabled later, without it works just fine.

However i have one problem that bugs me most and that's occasional audio dropouts, i cannot see anything in console, so I'm writing this post asking for help with this issue. I hope I have attached all data that you described you'll need when troubleshooting this.

Can you or anyone here please help me ?

Regards

You are not using WEG.kext? You did not enable any ACPI replacements in your config.plist? Your Audio ID is 1 and not 5?

Else, adapt and implement X99 system SSDTs by following this small guideline (standard sentence posted dozens of times already).

If you need further help, I hope other experienced users will provide it to you. I do not provide user specific support myself for now.

Good luck,

KGP

Hi all,

I finally pinpointed the problem and it's Nvidia drivers. I have also recorded a video of the issue if anyone's keen to help me with that.

I found out when I reinstalled high Sierra again and tried this on OS X default drivers.

I am not of much help concerning GA motherboard firmware. Never applied microcode updates to such firmware or flashed firmware for this motherboard brand.

Somebody else might be more suited to help you in your issue.

Good luck
Thanks kgp. After using the latest EFI folder its fine now. Now the scores are similar. I don’t know what settings you’ve changed.

Thanks kgp. After using the latest EFI folder its fine now. Now the scores are similar. I don’t know what settings you’ve changed.

Me? not that I would know.. :p

Me? not that I would know.. :p
I don't know what you've changed. I've seen an EFI folder update on this post #2,904. After this, my system performance is improved.

----------------
B.) ASUS Mainboard BIOS
B.1) ASUS BIOS Firmware Patching
B.1.1) CPU Microcode Update
B.1.2) MSR 0xE2 register unlock for OSX Kernel Write

Instead of stepwise applying the entire Bios firmware patching procedure detailed above, all ASUS X99A-II users can simply download, unzip and flash X99A2.CAP.zip, actual BIOS firmware 1902, accounting for the complete set of available Intel CPU Microcodes, an unlocked MSR register and an iMac Pro Splash Screen Boot Image to be displayed at boot.
-------------------------
Thanks KGP for a wonderful guide.
I'm a Hackintosh newbie:)
This will be my first build, so please pardon me for some basic questions.
I have a Asus X99-Deluxe II MB and i7 - 6900K.

I read and understand that the Asus X992-Deluxe II flashback file name is X99D2.CAP, so can I just rename the linked file provided by KGP?
Even if I'm not going to OC, the patch is still necessary for B.1.2) MSR 0xE2 register unlock for OSX Kernel Write ?

----------------
B.) ASUS Mainboard BIOS
B.1) ASUS BIOS Firmware Patching
B.1.1) CPU Microcode Update
B.1.2) MSR 0xE2 register unlock for OSX Kernel Write

Instead of stepwise applying the entire Bios firmware patching procedure detailed above, all ASUS X99A-II users can simply download, unzip and flash X99A2.CAP.zip, actual BIOS firmware 1902, accounting for the complete set of available Intel CPU Microcodes, an unlocked MSR register and an iMac Pro Splash Screen Boot Image to be displayed at boot.
-------------------------
Thanks KGP for a wonderful guide.
I'm a Hackintosh newbie:)
This will be my first build, so please pardon me for some basic questions.
I have a Asus X99-Deluxe II MB and i7 - 6900K.

I read and understand that the Asus X992-Deluxe II flashback file name is X99D2.CAP, so can I just rename the linked file provided by KGP?
Even if I'm not going to OC, the patch is still necessary for B.1.2) MSR 0xE2 register unlock for OSX Kernel Write ?

Nope you can't use X99A2.CAP linked in my guide, which is the modified 1902 BIOS firmware for ASUS X99-A II only!

Thanks KGP.

So can I use this modified ASUS X99 Deluxe II BIOS firmware by GDS instead?

Here you go...

Your patched ASUS X99 Deluxe II BIOS firmware with the iMacPro Splash Screen in the attachment.. ;)

Attachments

• X99D2.CAP.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 177
Thanks KGP.

So can I use this modified ASUS X99 Deluxe II BIOS firmware by GDS instead?

I don't know, why don't you ask @GDS? Or do you expect me to analyse the attached BIOS file?

Instead of attaching the file, you should have better quoted his post. For sure he explained something when uploading his zipped modified X99D2 BIOS firmware.

Reactions: GDS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back