Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to use VoodoTSC, when using TSCResetAdjust.kext. The latter kext does all you need but not more like VoodoTSC. For additional information see https://github.com/interferenc/TSCAdjustReset, where you also find the source code distribution.

Hope this info helps in clarifying your questions.

EDIT: Oh btw.. you should use all kexts as implemented in my default X99 EFI-Folder distribution, i.e. in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and not under /S/L/E. And you should never use TSCResetAdjust.kext and VoodoTSC at the same time on your system. If you would just use my default EFI-Folder configuration and simply implement all necessary changes we already discussed yesterday, your life could be much easier I guess...
Thanks for the advice on the kext placement, I'm on the process to get that wifi/Bluetooth adapter install and fishing for a good bargain on fle.. to get a Vega, so I can move on to El Desierto de Mojave.

I have almost the same config than you as we spoke about it years ago
2696v4
128GB ddr4
and 1080Ti
the results you have are pretty similar of what I have
:)

Thanks for the advice on the kext placement, I'm on the process to get that wifi/Bluetooth adapter install and fishing for a good bargain on fle.. to get a Vega, so I can move on to El Desierto de Mojave.

Reactions: kgp
I have almost the same config than you as we spoke about it years ago
2696v4
128GB ddr4
and 1080Ti
the results you have are pretty similar of what I have
:)
Have you test your system with an AMD card I’m the prosess to go with vega64 but to prices they don’t want to go down

Reactions: GDS
I wanted after a long discussion with @kgp
there is tons of interest to be on AMD GPU (and much more when you can OC the graphic card)
but unfortunately all my programs on Windows 10 use ONLY cuda
if I install an AMD I will not be able to use any of those programs: photogrammetry etc etc :(

I thought about a double installation AMD/NVidia
but I totally dont know if it is possible and how to shunt the Nvidia when booting on Mac OS
I thought also to a eGPU but this solution is impossible too
>> i am under water-cooling for everything and hard tubes

so I preferred to stay on High Sierra and my 1080Ti
FCPx is ok and all the others programs too: all the acceleration is ok, and the different GB scores are perfect
I never used an AMD on a hackintosh so I cannot say if the difference is huge in everyday use

Have you test your system with an AMD card I’m the prosess to go with vega64 but to prices they don’t want to go down

kgp.
how to make ssdt-vega64 without dtgp method

kgp.
how to make ssdt-vega64 without dtgp method

Why one would like to do that? Just remove it within the ssdt implementation!

Why one would like to do that? Just remove it within the ssdt implementation!
I use dsdt + ssdt without dtgp.
And your ssdt does not want to work.
Can you make an example?

Hi KGP

I can't thank you enough in one comment, but I've run my CustoMac for about a year now on 10.13.4 on an Asus x99 and 5960X CPU!

I see that you've updated the guide for 10.13.6 (some app store programs demand that now to update) and also to the iMac Pro SMBIOS.

My quick question: Is it worth upgrading/switching to the new SMBIOS for me? what are the most obvious benefits of doing so?

Thank you again and hope you have a nice week :)

I use dsdt + ssdt without dtgp.
And your ssdt does not want to work.
Can you make an example?

Why don't you use SSDT-DTPG.aml in addition? ssdt-vega64 won't work without SSDT-DTPG.aml as currently implemented.

The other question remaining to me is what for you need to use your DSDT.aml in addition. If you properly adopt/implement all available SSDTs available in the X99 SSDT Github repository and else also implement all ACPI patches additionally implemented in the config.plist of the default X99 EFI Folder distribution, your DSDT.aml should be obsolete in any case.

If you really insist in further using your DSDT.aml and also refuse the additional SSDT-DTPG.aml implementation, I could remove all DTPG calls within the current ssdt-vega64 implementation for your testing purposes. But I really do not see any reason for such additional efforts and you also might be able to do the latter simply by yourself.

I just dropping by to ask @ KGP a question. I just finish to installed MOJAVE on a GA-X99P-SLI motherboard that I have w/ an Intel 5960X Cpu out of 3 that I got laying around, and that installed its also w/ a Nvidia 670 that I have and the install went very smooth and event surprise me that on my config.plist none of the kernel patch match that cpu and none of the options like RTC, APPLE intelAPIC, kernelpm and XPMC are sleeted and she is booting to the desktop clean vanilla I think cause I don't see any kext injected on the system extension, that could possible? I guess so cause its sticking I event shut down and reboot the computer and still booting allay to the desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back