Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess that I can say that regardless of any body can say, I'm proud of my self cause I still can follow instructions.

Congrats to your system and build! And congrats that you managed everything by yourself! You can be really proud of yourself!

Last edited:
So far this are my findings after had my system running Cinebench w/ out a consistent scores between 28+ then on the second run they were drop to 25, 26 or 27. It wan't till I decide to read very carefully and on detail the PIKEALFA SSDTool and give it shot, finally for the first time in my HACKINTOSH live I did it and I did it with the iMacPro1,1 smbios didn't use the MacPro6,1 smbios that the tool its designed with yes the TOOL got mad at me but I told the tool let be go right ahead and finish and he finally gave me a SSDT.aml file for me to place were it belongs, now ask me it right we I guess the results should definitely help me out along with a KEXT name PMDriver, installed that kext and wallllla improvements right from the get go I also edit the most recent performance kernel patch but didn't see too much of improvement from that on but I guess its helping cause I'm keeping running the CINE bench and still sticking w/ the same performance it hasn't dropped a bit, so I'm here to ask to those that have a system = or close to mine running w/ their system w/ a Vega 64 have you test your system w/ FCX pro or DaVinci Resolve if yes how its the performance, it is rendering w/ H262 and H265 quick, thanks for any answer.

So far this are my findings after had my system running Cinebench w/ out a consistent scores between 28+ then on the second run they were drop to 25, 26 or 27. It wan't till I decide to read very carefully and on detail the PIKEALFA SSDTool and give it shot, finally for the first time in my HACKINTOSH live I did it and I did it with the iMacPro1,1 smbios didn't use the MacPro6,1 smbios that the tool its designed with yes the TOOL got mad at me but I told the tool let be go right ahead and finish and he finally gave me a SSDT.aml file for me to place were it belongs, now ask me it right we I guess the results should definitely help me out along with a KEXT name PMDriver, installed that kext and wallllla improvements right from the get go I also edit the most recent performance kernel patch but didn't see too much of improvement from that on but I guess its helping cause I'm keeping running the CINE bench and still sticking w/ the same performance it hasn't dropped a bit, so I'm here to ask to those that have a system = or close to mine running w/ their system w/ a Vega 64 have you test your system w/ FCX pro or DaVinci Resolve if yes how its the performance, it is rendering w/ H262 and H265 quick, thanks for any answer.

Just for a crosscheck with your current XCPM implementations:

Pike's SSDT.aml is obsolete if one checks "Plugintype" in the config.plist as hardwired in my X99 EFI-Folder distribution for 10.13.6 SU: EFI-X99-10.13.6-SU-Release-iMacPro1,1-020219.zip.

This EFI-Folder in principle should work also in your case OoB, after adding a properly adopted TSCAdustReset.kext.

The default FakeCPUID can remain as implemented and all default XCPM kernel patches should also work with your E5 2696v4 (Broadwell-E).

cupid_set_info and bootstrap patch can remain disabled (obsolete for Broadwell-E). Also the core-scope patch can remain disabled and also KernelPM can remain unchecked as your MSR register seems unlocked for kernel write. Performance patch, SMT_scope patches and pkg_scope patch should however need to be enabled for a proper CPU OC performance. No need to use PMDrvr.kext with such configuration. Everything should properly work as implemented.

In any case, your current benchmark results in post #2,908 look totally fine and in my opinion as expected. Thus, I guess that in your case actually everything is properly implemented as depicted above. I don't know though what actually are your expectations concerning your CPU benchmarks. EDIT: To know if your CPU fully works as expected, it would be helpful if you could provide an IPG screenshot with CPU Idle and CPU max. load conditions during several manually launched Cinebench runs, as depicted for my i7-6950X in Section F.1) of my guide.

Your questions concerning Vega64 FCX pro or DaVinci Resolve performance should rather be answered by users employing this software. However, up to my knowledge there are no issues with H262 and H265 encoding with a Vega64.

Best wishes,

KGP

Last edited:
@The Veterant, please see subsequent edit in post #2,912. Something, which additionally came to my mind in case you want to check and verify once more your CPU performance.

Thanks for the info I was heading into that direction, but now that you confirm the idea its nice not to go blindside although I have option to go back to my preview stay, Here is a video of my system performing and as you mention or rather question, no this is than happy with its performance, the only thing that I might double its the compile TCsync kext that I have, that I never did the kext w/ the proper commands on terminal I just copy one and edit the cores, I guess lock from my side, but I need to double check to see if there isn't any dropping on any cores I guess that's its function right?
Im going to upload a video @ youtube for everyone to see, ones upload I will post the link, stay tune, but ones more thanks for your interest. The video will be live in 30 min. at link:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info I was heading into that direction, but now that you confirm the idea its nice not to go blindside although I have option to go back to my preview stay, Here is a video of my system performing and as you mention or rather question, no this is than happy with its performance, the only thing that I might double its the compile TCsync kext that I have, that I never did the kext w/ the proper commands on terminal I just copy one and edit the cores, I guess lock from my side, but I need to double check to see if there isn't any dropping on any cores I guess that's its function right?
Im going to upload a video @ youtube for everyone to see, ones upload I will post the link, stay tune, but ones more thanks for your interest.

I don‘t question your configuration, I just try to help in confirming your current configuration. An edit of the correct number of threads-1 in TSCAdjustReset.kext should be totally sufficient. Without a properly adopted and functional TSCAdjustReset.kext, your system would not boot at all. Thus, also the latter seems properly implemented at your side. No worries..

Thanks ones more guy=Tio and I was ones a citizen of Germany for a while @ Manheim also visit Berlin back in 94 so good memories from there.

Reactions: kgp
I don‘t question your configuration, I just try to help in confirming your current configuration. An edit of the correct number of threads-1 in TSCAdjustReset.kext should be totally sufficient. Without a properly adopted and functional TSCAdjustReset.kext, your system would not boot at all. Thus, also the latter seems properly implemented at your side. No worries..

Well I just want to ask you references of this Kext the TSCAdjusrReset.kext, I just did the compile kext and its sitting on my desktop, cause when installing or following the guide mislead this step and I'm using VoodoTSC instead. Now question should I deleted voodoo and replaced with this one, Also the voodoo one I have it installed @ S/L/E should I installed this one there as well ones I offload the Voodoo one, thanks for the replay.

Well I just want to ask you references of this Kext the TSCAdjusrReset.kext, I just did the compile kext and its sitting on my desktop, cause when installing or following the guide mislead this step and I'm using VoodoTSC instead. Now question should I deleted voodoo and replaced with this one, Also the voodoo one I have it installed @ S/L/E should I installed this one there as well ones I offload the Voodoo one, thanks for the replay.

No need to use VoodoTSC, when using TSCResetAdjust.kext. The latter kext does all you need but not more like VoodoTSC. For additional information see https://github.com/interferenc/TSCAdjustReset, where you also find the source code distribution.

Hope this info helps in clarifying your questions.

EDIT: Oh btw.. you should use all kexts as implemented in my default X99 EFI-Folder distribution, i.e. in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and not under /S/L/E. And you should never use TSCResetAdjust.kext and VoodoTSC at the same time on your system. If you would just use my default EFI-Folder configuration and simply implement all necessary changes we already discussed yesterday, your life could be much easier I guess...

Last edited:
First steps with a MSI Radeon VII under macOS 10.14.3 (18D42) and 10.14.3 SU (18D109)

See post #1,646

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back