Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp if he would have followed everything as I had before to a 'T' he should have realized he needs to select the proper sound input to that of his monitor. But seeing how he is only partial this, partial that. Well I am done trying to help him.

I know, seems impossible to help him.. He says it is a language problem, but it rather seems that he resistant to any advice and he simply does not follow the guide either. Moreover, he has our both EFI-Folders, but what he finally implements and applies is something else.

Hopeless situation in any case. However, if you want further help him, I have no objections. But don't waste your time..

@kgp @JamesKI
sorry , it‘s language problem。not resistant

I did this below:
1、install clover
2、download EFI-X99-10.13.6-SU-Release-iMacPro1,1-121218.zip, copy config.plist,kexts,drivers64hefi and put into folder
3、download https://github.com/KGP/X99-System-SSDTs :SSDT-DTPG.aml SSDT-X99-HDEF.aml SSDT-X99-Nvidia.aml and put into efi/clover/acpi/patched
4、modify config.plist
5、copy James-Asrock-X99M-Killer-3.1-iMacPro-XHCI-15port.kext.zip and modify it
6、my gpu is DE10031C so I Substitute it

above,hdmi/dp ‘s audio don't work,,

qqq4.png

Attachments

• config.zip
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • question pic.zip
    969.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
he needs to select the proper sound input to that of his monitor
hello,i dont know how to do this,,,could you teach me about it。。。。
or give me some ??document ,i would to read and learn ,,thank you
20190119115247.png

@kgp @JamesKI
sorry , it‘s language problem。not resistant

I did this below:
1、install clover
2、download EFI-X99-10.13.6-SU-Release-iMacPro1,1-121218.zip, copy config.plist,kexts,drivers64hefi and put into folder
3、download https://github.com/KGP/X99-System-SSDTs :SSDT-DTPG.aml SSDT-X99-HDEF.aml SSDT-X99-Nvidia.aml and put into efi/clover/acpi/patched
4、modify config.plist
5、copy James-Asrock-X99M-Killer-3.1-iMacPro-XHCI-15port.kext.zip and modify it
6、my gpu is DE10031C so I Substitute it

above,hdmi/dp ‘s audio don't work,,

View attachment 380342

Wrong. You are not able to read, understand and follow the guide in the originating post fo this thread, are you?

You should basically do the following:

1.) Download and copy the EFI-Folder contained in EFI-X99-10.13.6-SU-Release-iMacPro1,1-121218.zip to the EFI-partition of your system disk (I hope you know how to open an EFI-partition). It already contains a fully valid Clover boot loader distribution! So there is no need to additionally install Clover.
2.) Add properly adopted TSCResetAdjust.kext and James-Asrock-X99M-Killer-3.1-iMacPro-XHCI-15port.kext in /EFI/CLover/kexts/Other
3.) Download and implement Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and Whatevergreen.kext in /EFI/CLover/kexts/Other
4.) Open the config.plist contained in the EFI-Folder-Folder with Clover Configurator:
a.) Complete SMBIOS credentials in section "SMBIOS" of Clover Configurator, following the guide in the originating post of this thread, i.e. add a valid serial, board serial and SMUUID.
b.) Go to section "Kext and Kernel patches" of Clover Configurator. Check "KernelPM" and enable "XCPM_core _scope" kernel patch, as the MSR register on your motherboard seems locked.
c.) Change FakeCPUID from 0x040674 to 0x0306F2
d.) Enable and change "XCPM_bootstrap" kernel patch to
Code:
Find: 89d804c4 3c227722
Replace:89d804c1 3c227722
e.) Enable and if necessary adopt the FredWst DP/HDMI patch: Verify that DE10EF10 is the device-ID of your GPU, otherwise substitute DE10EF10 by the device-ID of your GPU
f.) Go to section "devices" of Clover Configurator and select correct ID for audio injection.
g.) Go to section ACPI and enable the following ACPI replacement patches
_OSI -> XOSI, EC0_ -> EC__, H_EC -> EC__, HEC1 -> IMEI, IDER->MEID, LPC0 -> LPCB, FPU_ -> MATH, TMR_ -> TIMR, PIC_ -> IPIC, _DSM -> XDSM
h.) Save your modified config.plist
5.) Download and copy SSDT-DTPG.aml, SSDT-X99-HDEF.aml, SSDT-X99-Nvidia.aml to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. Open IORegistry Explorer. Edit SSDT-X99-HDEF.aml and SSDT-X99-Nvidia.aml with MaciASL. Verify and if necessary adopt and modify ACPI path and ACPI replacements and respective DSM details in HDEF, GFX0 and HDAU SSDT implementations in concordance with your IOREG information! This small guide might help you in properly performing the latter. Following your "PCI" snapshot above, you did not properly modify SSDT-X99-Nvidia.aml, and consequently both GFX0 and HDAU are not properly implemented in section "PCI" of Apple's system report. In consequence, HDMI/DP audio does not work!
6.) Reboot your system
7.) Now go to system preferences and audio settings and enable "Show Volume in menu bar". Go to the audio symbol in the menubar and switch audio output to your monitor (in my case LG HDR 5K)

Screenshot 2019-01-19 at 06.41.37.png

If you implemented everything properly, you should have a fully working USB and audio configuration. Verify in IOREG and under Section "PCI" of Apple's system report that HDEF, GFX0 and HDAU are properly implemented!

If you are still not able to succeed, upload your EFI-Folder + IOREG.save + "PCI" snapshot of Apple's system report, that others are able to remove remaining issues.

If you use the EFI-Folder of @JamesKI instead performing all points outlined above, please directly address all open questions to @JamesKI and ask for his help and assistance!

If you are not able to understand the above due to language problems, there is absolutely no way to proceed here. In the worst case, Google Translator might help.

Good luck.

Last edited:
5.) Download and copy SSDT-DTPG.aml, SSDT-X99-HDEF.aml, SSDT-X99-Nvidia.aml to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. Open IORegistry Explorer. Edit SSDT-X99-HDEF.aml and SSDT-X99-Nvidia.aml with MaciASL. Verify and if necessary adopt and modify ACPI path and ACPI replacements and respective DSM details in HDEF, GFX0 and HDAU SSDT implementations in concordance with your IOREG information! This small guide might help you in properly performing the latter. Following your "PCI" snapshot above, you did not properly modify SSDT-X99-Nvidia.aml, and consequently both GFX0 and HDAU are not properly implemented in section "PCI" of Apple's system report. In consequence, HDMI/DP audio does not work!

very very thank you for help .
I just don't know step 5.
I now to study "This small guide" thank you

Hi KGP!

Firstly thanks for your amazing guide, Loving it!

Ok, so I have a ASUS X99-Deluxe motherboard and have issues with your BIOS patching procedure.

We have flawlessly followed your instructions and undertaken the CPU microde update and the MSR 0xE2 register unlock procedure. Both procedure appeared successful.

When we try and update I BIOS via Flashback it fails. If we try and enter the BIOS and update it Via the EZ Flash Tool we are informed that the BIOS file selected is not a proper BIOS file.

We believe that some of the changes that are being made are messing up the file in some way.

Was hoping you might be able to shed some light on the matter

Our USB flash drive is formatted in FAT32 and the BIOS we have patched is the latest 3902 version.

We have attached our patched BIOS file as we feel it may be of some use to you to check.

Thank you, Look forward to hearing from you.
@p1truman, I had the same issue. Wondering whether you ever found a solution?

@p1truman, I had the same issue. Wondering whether you ever found a solution?

@p1truman, @macphotophile

modified or patched BIOS firmware only can be flashed with EZ Flashback, considering the appropriate EZ flashback filename convention and with your USB flash drive connected to the one and only EZ Flashback USB port on your motherboard. Else, the EZ Flashback procedure is fully described in my guides.

Don't flash modified or patched BIOS firmware within your motherboard BIOS!

Good luck,

KGP

Wrong. You are not able to read, understand and follow the guide in the originating post fo this thread, are you?

You should basically do the following:

1.) Download and copy the EFI-Folder contained in EFI-X99-10.13.6-SU-Release-iMacPro1,1-121218.zip to the EFI-partition of your system disk (I hope you know how to open an EFI-partition). It already contains a fully valid Clover boot loader distribution! So there is no need to additionally install Clover.
2.) Add properly adopted TSCResetAdjust.kext and James-Asrock-X99M-Killer-3.1-iMacPro-XHCI-15port.kext in /EFI/CLover/kexts/Other
3.) Download and implement Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and Whatevergreen.kext in /EFI/CLover/kexts/Other
4.) Open the config.plist contained in the EFI-Folder-Folder with Clover Configurator:
a.) Complete SMBIOS credentials in section "SMBIOS" of Clover Configurator, following the guide in the originating post of this thread, i.e. add a valid serial, board serial and SMUUID.
b.) Go to section "Kext and Kernel patches" of Clover Configurator. Check "KernelPM" and enable "XCPM_core _scope" kernel patch, as the MSR register on your motherboard seems locked.
c.) Change FakeCPUID from 0x040674 to 0x0306F2
d.) Enable and change "XCPM_bootstrap" kernel patch to
Code:
Find: 89d804c4 3c227722
Replace:89d804c1 3c227722
e.) Enable and if necessary adopt the FredWst DP/HDMI patch: Verify that DE10EF10 is the device-ID of your GPU, otherwise substitute DE10EF10 by the device-ID of your GPU
f.) Go to section "devices" of Clover Configurator and select correct ID for audio injection.
g.) Go to section ACPI and enable the following ACPI replacement patches
_OSI -> XOSI, EC0_ -> EC__, H_EC -> EC__, HEC1 -> IMEI, IDER->MEID, LPC0 -> LPCB, FPU_ -> MATH, TMR_ -> TIMR, PIC_ -> IPIC, _DSM -> XDSM
h.) Save your modified config.plist
6.) Reboot your system
7.) Now go to system preferences and audio settings and enable "Show Volume in menu bar". Go to the audio symbol in the menubar and switch audio output to your monitor (in my case LG HDR 5K)

View attachment 380422

If you implemented everything properly, you should have a fully working USB and audio configuration. Verify in IOREG and under Section "PCI" of Apple's system report that HDEF, GFX0 and HDAU are properly implemented!

If you are still not able to succeed, upload your EFI-Folder + IOREG.save + "PCI" snapshot of Apple's system report, that others are able to remove remaining issues.

If you use the EFI-Folder of @JamesKI instead performing all points outlined above, please directly address all open questions to @JamesKI and ask for his help and assistance!

If you are not able to understand the above due to language problems, there is absolutely no way to proceed here. In the worst case, Google Translator might help.

Good luck.

q1.png

q2.png

hello,kgp.
this is my pci snapshot .it looks like done. but if i reboot the computer.it well lost .

i means :
i insert hdmi line,and boot my computer。it's nonthing。and i insert dp line。it will appear
and
i insert dp line,and boot my computer。it's nonthing。and i insert hdmi line。it will appear

can you help me find wrong setting in my config。thank you for help

Attachments

• ywz-iMacPro.save.ioreg
    5.6 MB · Views: 79
  • EFI20190121.zip
    27.4 MB · Views: 83
  • ywz-iMacPro.save.zip
    872.2 KB · Views: 64
View attachment 380963

View attachment 380966

hello,kgp.
this is my pci snapshot .it looks like done. but if i reboot the computer.it well lost .

i means :
i insert hdmi line,and boot my computer。it's nonthing。and i insert dp line。it will appear
and
i insert dp line,and boot my computer。it's nonthing。and i insert hdmi line。it will appear

can you help me find wrong setting in my config。thank you for help

Seems all set and everything working concerning HDEF, GFX0 and HDAU.. no idea what is your issue now..

BTW.. you still need to enable _OSI -> XOSI, EC0_ -> EC__ and H_EC -> EC__ in your config.plist and you should disable _xcpm_cpuid_set_info © Pike R. Alpha.

Also try to fix your SSDT-nvme.aml. It is not properly implemented!

Last edited:
Seems all set and everything working concerning HDEF, GFX0 and HDAU.. no idea what is your issue now..

BTW.. you still need to enable _OSI -> XOSI, EC0_ -> EC__ and H_EC -> EC__ in your config.plist and you should disable _xcpm_cpuid_set_info © Pike R. Alpha.

Also try to fix your SSDT-nvme.aml. It is not properly implemented!

okay,i to change it

My means is :
I use hdmi line,connect to computer,and boot my computer,2477w1m is disappear。
then I replace hdmi line to dp line 。2477w1m will appear

or
I use dp line,connect to computer,and boot my computer,2477w1m is disappear。
then I replace dp line to hdmi line 。2477w1m will appear

20190121210446.png

------2019.01.24--------

toleda said :it's Nvidia driver problem.All Pascal products effected

Attachments

• ssdt-before.ioreg