Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ywz306 I have the the Asrock X99M Killer 3.1 motherboard. It does work pretty well with High Sierra, some caveats about it, KernelPM can be unchecked but xcpm_core_scope has to be enabled. I could provide my EFI folder as well as a modified BIOS, disables Lock Chipset, MSR Lock Control and a few other tweaks like power management C* states and updated Microcode. If you are interested in trying that let me know I can prepare it up for you. Now regarding your CPU looked at intel's site they dont show a E5-2675v3 but they do show a E5-2670v3. I can modify the TSCAdjustReset.kext if i also know your core/thread count.
hello,this is kext 。it has 16core/32thread。
i don‘t kown if tscadjustreset.kext and voodootscsync.kext is necessary

mmexport1547598819324_[B@dddd467.jpg

Attachments

• TSCAdjustReset.kext.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 73
  • VoodooTSCSync.kext.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 60
@ywz306 I have the the Asrock X99M Killer 3.1 motherboard. It does work pretty well with High Sierra, some caveats about it, KernelPM can be unchecked but xcpm_core_scope has to be enabled. I could provide my EFI folder as well as a modified BIOS, disables Lock Chipset, MSR Lock Control and a few other tweaks like power management C* states and updated Microcode. If you are interested in trying that let me know I can prepare it up for you. Now regarding your CPU looked at intel's site they dont show a E5-2675v3 but they do show a E5-2670v3. I can modify the TSCAdjustReset.kext if i also know your core/thread count.
hello,this is cpu information
u=2192922204,974493222&fm=26&gp=0.jpg

i have 2 question could you share your bios setting for me thank you

and,I can’t unlock MSR 0xE2 register 。it have no CFG LOCK option
20190110100743.png

this is x99m rom。and my Microcode Updateed rom

Attachments

• mod_X99MK3.50.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 77
  • X99M Killer(3.50)ROM.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Hello, can i have ASUS HYPER M.2 X16 CARD V2 on X99-AII board? If so can i do a RAID 0 on it on High Sierra?
Thanks

hello,this is cpu information
View attachment 379543

i have 2 question could you share your bios setting for me thank you

and,I can’t unlock MSR 0xE2 register 。it have no CFG LOCK option
View attachment 379544

this is x99m rom。and my Microcode Updateed rom

Attached is the modified BIOS I had described in my post.

There is no CFG Lock in the Bios, just Lock Chipset & MSR Lock Control.

Extract the bios and put on a USB Stick that is fat32 partition. Reboot and it should be F6 to have it launch the flash utility.

I have modified the BIOS with the proper defaults for use with MacOS. You can change whatever you like, but those are the defaults that I use.

Attachments

• X99MK3_4.00.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
hello,this is kext 。it has 16core/32thread。
i don‘t kown if tscadjustreset.kext and voodootscsync.kext is necessary

View attachment 379517

Only use a properly adjusted tscadjustreset.kext and forget about voodootscsync.kext. Never use both files at the same time.

hello, can you help me to find where is wrong in my setting ....
@JamesKI @kgp

q1.png

q2.png

q3.png
q4.png

what is this ? IOUSBHostDevice ....
q5.png

I want to active all rap panel I/0 usb and drop all connector usb
q6.png

@ywz306 Here is my entire EFI folder, replace your's with mine.

Then open up Clover Configurator, select the config.plist, you will need to generate a Board Serial Number, System Serial Number & SmUUID as I have removed mine from it.

Also replace my TSCAdjustReset.kext or edit it to reflect the proper IOCPUNumber from my 11 to 23.
Edit the proper CPU renames ie CP00 to PR00 to match those of your processor, look at this guide for information on this. What is already configured and enabled may work, but since I do not have your exact CPU I cannot lay truth to that claim.

You will notice that WhateverGreen.kext is not in my EFI/kexts/Other folder. I do not need it for my 1080TI it actually works better for me without it.

I did leave the USB KextsToPatch enabled but that should be able to be disabled.

Also if your CPU is Haswell you will need to change the FakeCPUID from 0x040674 to what properly matches yours. I don't have the exact FakeCPUID in front of me to add to this atm.

Other than that I think it should cover it. So by using my BIOS, and EFI folder with modifications for your CPU, etc. It should work without issues as it works perfect for myself. I also believe my SSDT's in /EFI/ACPI/Patched *should* work without any edits. I also noticed no performance increase on my system when I enabled the xcpm_peformance_patch so it is disabled by default as my system from benchmarking shows having it enabled lowers my cpu scores.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
could I asking the last question。。。:silent:

about,audio‘ssdt config。。。

I used applealc.kext,liu.kext,codeccommander.kext.and audio is work
but hdmi/dp ‘ audio don't work

I try SSDT-NVIDIA-james.aml/SSDT-X99-Nvidia-kgp.aml and acpi-dsdt,and kexttopatch
hdmi/dp‘s audio don’t work too。。

I use jameki‘s ssdt,and don't work too。

my question is
1、how to config ssdt
2、and where to study?
q1.png

q2.png

q3.png

1.png

could I asking the last question。。。:silent:

about,audio‘ssdt config。。。

I used applealc.kext,liu.kext,codeccommander.kext.and audio is work
but hdmi/dp ‘ audio don't work

I try SSDT-NVIDIA-james.aml/SSDT-X99-Nvidia-kgp.aml and acpi-dsdt,and kexttopatch
hdmi/dp‘s audio don’t work too。。

I use jameki‘s ssdt,and don't work too。

my question is
1、how to config ssdt
2、and where to study?
View attachment 380214

View attachment 380213
View attachment 380215

View attachment 380216

Once more, my friend...

1.) Only use my original EFI-Folder distribution. Solely use the ACPI replacements implemented on the respective config.plist. Don't enable the CPxx -Y PRxx replacements but enable all other ACPI replacements. Don't use EHC1 -> EH01, EHC2 -> EH02, XHC1 -> XHC, ALCA -> HDEF, etc.. These ACPI replacements are not part of my config.plist!

2.) In the config.plist else only perform Haswell-E modifications, check KernelPM and enable XCPM_core_scope kernel patch, as your MSR register is locked for kernel write. Else, just add a properly configured TSCAdjustReset.kext to your EFo-Folder. Don't perform any other EFi-Folder modifications than those outlined below:

a.) Use James-Asrock-X99M-Killer-3.1-iMacPro-XHCI-15port.kext.zip or modify it, if necessary.

b.) Properly adopt and implement SSDT-X99-HDEF.aml, SSDT-X99-Nvidia.aml and SSDT-DTPG.aml! SSDT-DTPG.aml is mandatory for all other X99 SSDTs.

c.) Modify AppleControllerHDA.kext patch in your config.plist, if necessary. Substitute "DE10EF10" by the device-ID of your GPU.

Good luck,

KGP

@kgp if he would have followed everything as I had before to a 'T' he should have realized he needs to select the proper sound input to that of his monitor. But seeing how he is only partial this, partial that. Well I am done trying to help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back