Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to update the bios with new 'mod_xxx' file, but it says invalid bios file.

Do I've to do this? because I've two SSD one is macOS Sierra and the other is HighSierra.

And the Geekbench and Cinebench scores are different under same settings, same hardware.

Here is the scores:

macOS Sierra:
Geekbench: single - 4857, multi - 32460
Cinebench: 1643

macOS HighSierra:
Geekbench: single - 4487, multi - 24357
Cinebench: 1399

Is this difference is caused by Overclocking issues? if so why Sierra is performing well under same settings.

I think it is the problem with EFI or config file I'm using.

Also, I'm attaching my EFI folder with this post.

Hi @ekwipt

Please help me with this as i'm not sure what to do.

Thanks

my question is about xcpm . it can't got rid of the Apple Intel CPU power management ....
ques1.png

q2.png

q3.png

q4.png

xcpm is not yet active on your system! All respective checks state 0 and not 1!
Is your MSR register unlocked for Kernel write? If so, disable xcpm_core_scope. If not unlocked, also check KernelPM in addition.

Good luck

thank you。could you help me for active xcpm ...

now I added kernelpm,but it no effect
20190115224347.png

how can I do to active xcpm。。。。。
I do all of zhe E.1) Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) Configuration.but not success。。。

my hardware is
cpu:e5-2675v3 Haswell-E/EP
motherboard:asrock x99m killer
graphics:giga gtx1066

I have last 3 questions :xcpm、usb3.0、cpu frequency conversion

my englist is not very well,,,:D

I try like cpufriend.kext,ResourceConverter.sh,and no one success...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.6 MB · Views: 92
  • bootlog.txt
    40.7 KB · Views: 65
thank you。could you help me for active xcpm ...

now I added kernelpm,but it no effect
View attachment 379432

how can I do to active xcpm。。。。。
I do all of zhe E.1) Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) Configuration.but not success。。。

my hardware is
cpu:e5-2675v3 Haswell-E/EP
motherboard:asrock x99m killer
graphics:giga gtx1066

I have last 3 questions :xcpm、usb3.0、cpu frequency conversion

my englist is not very well,,,:D

I try like cpufriend.kext,ResourceConverter.sh,and no one success...

Sorry, everything to be implemented as described in the guide. Also read README.md for Haswell in x99 EFI-Folder github repository.

I cannot provide you any additional information. If you still face xcpm issues after exactly following all advices, maybe somebody else with same CPU and motherboard can help you in your issue.

Good luck, my friend

Sorry, everything to be implemented as described in the guide. Also read README.md for Haswell in x99 EFI-Folder github repository.

I cannot provide you any additional information. If you still face xcpm issues after exactly following all advices, maybe somebody else with same CPU and motherboard can help you in your issue.

Good luck, my friend

haha, it's done thank you very much
2.png

1.png

I follow this ,and it's active ~~. haha

my last question is usb3.0 .it can't be active ....

may I to try usbinjectall + fbpatcher ??? or XHC ? I can't understand how to do XHC.....

haha, it's done thank you very much
View attachment 379438

View attachment 379437

I follow this ,and it's active ~~. haha

my last question is usb3.0 .it can't be active ....

may I to try usbinjectall + fbpatcher ??? or XHC ? I can't understand how to do XHC.....

Try to create XHC USB kext by following my guidelines or use USBInjectAll.kext +SSDT.

I cannot do this step for you, as I do not have your motherboard.

Good luck, my friend.

Try to create XHC USB kext by following my guidelines or use USBInjectAll.kext +SSDT.

I cannot do this step for you, as I do not have your motherboard.

Good luck, my friend.

thank you very much~~ :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

@ywz306 I have the the Asrock X99M Killer 3.1 motherboard. It does work pretty well with High Sierra, some caveats about it, KernelPM can be unchecked but xcpm_core_scope has to be enabled. I could provide my EFI folder as well as a modified BIOS, disables Lock Chipset, MSR Lock Control and a few other tweaks like power management C* states and updated Microcode. If you are interested in trying that let me know I can prepare it up for you. Now regarding your CPU looked at intel's site they dont show a E5-2675v3 but they do show a E5-2670v3. I can modify the TSCAdjustReset.kext if i also know your core/thread count.

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back