Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @dMatik How is everything working for you on 10.13.6?
Working flawlesly, for full xcpm performance on SU2 I need beside performance patch to use SMT 1 and 2 patches.

About CPU Microcode Update (B.1.1):
i understood that it is for solving OC problems,
but as having a Xeon (2696v4), I asked myself if the microcodes missing are exclusively linked to OC? (so nothing else)
I didnt find any informations about that sorry

or at the opposite a tiny difference can be found before and after applying the method explained?
>>>> to resume: if the microcodes missing on a X99 DLXII are not enough to be vital & mandatory (because NOT overclocking applied) but a tiny difference could be found on a Geekbench tests: kind of optimization

thx

As I am installing again X.13.6
i had to read again from scratch all the manual ;)
but found some points that have some mistakes on writings
(it is not a criticism at all, as the manual is well done, and I truly consider the @kgp manual as the reference that I use to all my rigs, it is just a reading from my side and found some points with corrections needed)

1/ about some writings at C.7 part (not important):
TSCAdjustRest.kext is written instead of TSCAdjustReset.kext

2/ a the D.1.c (more important):
it is written to replace with B800F00.....
in fact it is: BB00F00... according to the original post: EIST Performance fix by @PMheart for 10.13.6
here the code:

Code:
Find:
C1E30848 63D389D0 48C1EA20 B9990100 000F3048 FF0579C8 6B004883 C4085B5D C3662E0F 1F840000 000000
Replace:
BB00FF00 004863D3 89D048C1 EA20B999 0100000F 3048FF05 79C86B00 4883C408 5B5DC390 90909090 909090

3/ for informations, as it is well described on the manual:
the EFI folder contains already all the .kext necessaries but some "new" version of .kext are online, I just compared the versions from the EFI and the ones of the official websites, so at the 25th december:
whatever green (1.2.5), lilu (1.2.9), AppleALC (1.3.4)...

just for infos as it doesnt change the reliability of the EFI folder of kgp

I wish a nice Christmas time to all of the readers ;)

Last edited:
Hi! I have Asus x99-a and i75820k. I so understood BIOS patch on my fare cannot be? And that it is impossible to install as described in the manual. Four years sitting on Mavericks want to install High Sierra.

if you cannot install the patched bios (which is pretty strange) as it is a X99 mobo
you can activate the patch by clover:
it is explained on part D.2.a
activating of _xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha Kernel 10.13.6
Users of mainboards with locked MSR Register (disabled MSR OSX Kernel write access) have to enable the xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha Kernel patch in their config.plist under "KernelToPatch" in Section "Kernel and Kext Patches" of Clover Configurator

Hi! I have Asus x99-a and i75820k. I so understood BIOS patch on my fare cannot be? And that it is impossible to install as described in the manual. Four years sitting on Mavericks want to install High Sierra.

new post with informations and a little question:

About XEON v4, BIOS and GeekBench scores:
As well described a 6950x or a 7980xe: needs to have in bios "Sync All Cores" activated, to increase the GB score
the xeon v4 family works differently!
After a fresh installation, I found that "sync all cores" for my 2696v4 was not so good at all, and it is logical as 22 cores are not same to manage than a 10cores (6950x for example)

so best option to use in bios for the little number of us that use a xeon is "Auto"

I tried the 3 principal options on my X99-DLXII about that and with the method:
1/ booting
2/ killing all processes
3/ starting GB and making the CPU benchmark twice (the second one is always better than the first one)

the results (score: single core/multi cores):

"sync all cores": 3600/41000
"auto": 4400/44500
"by core use": 4200/44000

one point original also, is that after making the GB CPU benchmark, I did the GPU benchmarks (OpenCL and metal),
and I found a better score on GPU with "auto" for the CPU cores! (around 10% better in both)
I cannot explain why, because there is no logical reason, but I can repeat the same scores always

I join a screen of one of the "auto" GB result
for an "old" generation of CPU, not so bad :D

Capture d’écran 2018-12-26 à 17.21.18.png Capture d’écran 2018-12-26 à 17.46.44.png

About SSDT:

tricky tricky
the SSDT part is my "Kryptonite" always had a problem to deal with, the rest of the manual I apply it perfectly and with perfect result, this part never! :D
from the 9.1 part of the manual, I did it well just didnt make the 9.1.f so far as it requires more time (xeon v4)

Anyway, the PCI implementation still contains mistakes on the PCIe slot hierarchy, after scrupulously following the manual
but strangely I have the audio by the Display ports on my 2 screens and the native audio (HDEF) perfectly recognized!
I just changed (step by step) without modifications (only drag and drop the .aml + modification of the config.plist when required) then reboot
but I don't understand why my 1080Ti on PCIe slot1 is still recognized on PCIe slot4 and why the drivers are downloaded so everything is active (audio by DP)

if someone had an answer, ;)

PS: I can join the EFI but dont know if it will be useful ;)
thx

Capture d’écran 2018-12-27 à 14.32.38.png
Capture d’écran 2018-12-27 à 14.01.25.png Capture d’écran 2018-12-27 à 14.03.17.png Capture d’écran 2018-12-27 à 14.02.48.png

Last edited:
it shows E5 xeon and you say having an i7
is it linked?

Hi,
I had use CPU i7-5820K+ X99 Deluxe, i patch xcpm follow this guild for Haswell-E but my system not full speedstep.

DP-port issues (black screen)

This error was NOT fixed by Whatevergreen.kext

This error is caused by config.plist
I am getting really close to realizing what is causing the DP black screen (HDMI works)

which only can be removed by adding Whatevergreen.kext
I am finding this is not the only way to fix this.
Actually WEG didn't fix my issue at all

I think it's the Board ID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back