Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thanks, will update now, also Nvidia Released drivers for > macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra (17G4015) < . We'll have to wait for the drivers on mojave, or maybe, I'm optimistic, native nvidia support for egpu.
Yes, nvidia released the new driver after my original post and the new driver works just fine =)

Love to see nvidia driver for Mojave like others users, but I highly doubt there will be any in the near future.

Hi,

I got my Asus Prime X99-A II with Intel Core i7-6950X Up and Running thanks to this guide.
Thanks so much!!!
I have a Gigabyte Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 card in Slot PCIEX_3
I've used the provided SSDT.
I'm using High Sierra 10.13.6

The only issue is Sleep.
After giving the Sleep command the machine tries to go into sleep mode and then bounces back to a Wake status.
The system works after that. It's just that it doesn't Sleep.
I've tried the Piker's Alpha SSDT but it makes no difference.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Hi,

I got my Asus Prime X99-A II with Intel Core i7-6950X Up and Running thanks to this guide.
Thanks so much!!!
I have a Gigabyte Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 card in Slot PCIEX_3
I've used the provided SSDT.
I'm using High Sierra 10.13.6

The only issue is Sleep.
After giving the Sleep command the machine tries to go into sleep mode and then bounces back to a Wake status.
The system works after that. It's just that it doesn't Sleep.
I've tried the Piker's Alpha SSDT but it makes no difference.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Try to make a CMOS and NVRAM reset. This might help. Don't use Pike's SSDT. Just check "plugintype" in your config.plist.

Good luck,

KGP

Try to make a CMOS and NVRAM reset. This might help. Don't use Pike's SSDT. Just check "plugintype" in your config.plist.

Good luck,

KGP
ERRATA CORRIGE:
Sleep works BUT only at the 2nd attempt.
1st attempt it bounces back, 2nd and onward it works.

Even though I'm using the Thunderbolt 3 SSDT Hot Plug still doesn't work.

HEY all x99ers !

I had a good working asrock x99e-itx running 10.13.4 . i left it on overnight at a new office and after a reboot the thing was bricked (well not bootable). I tried using a backup usb stick with a config that booted before and it was a no go despite trying a few things. anyways started with the imac pro overhual this weekend and got back to a working system. there was a weird file on the root of my main OS drive (something with .db extension i forget the name) anyways i deleted it and got it back to working.

OK, enough with the back story. I am wondering what a good config for my setup is, especially the kernal to patch section. I started with the config from "EFI-X99-10.13.6-Release-iMacPro1,1-230818" I could boot from this but xcpm = 0. the CPU's were pegged at max, and it was getting hot in heerrrrrr.

I found a xcpm patch for haswell-E :

find: 89D804C4 3C227722
replace: 89D804C1 3C227722
comment: xcpm_bootstrap_HASwell_E © Pike R. Alpha

this gave me xcpm = 1.

My current hardware for this build is :
asrock x99e-itx
e5-2690v3 . ES Haswell EP
64gb ECC
1080ti

my geek bench score was 3123 and 23662.
Ive never gotten great score on this build, but i feel like maybe i could get it a bit better.

any advice from asrock x99 users ? advice on configs ? or you think Im looking good ? I will try and do some more of KGP's extensive post instructions when i get time but my family has had it with my weekend hack adventures. :)

attached is my current config:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    37.1 MB · Views: 208
Even though I'm using the Thunderbolt 3 SSDT Hot Plug still doesn't work.

I cannot help you based on the info you provide. If your PC only wakes up at fist sleep intent, i don’t see any dramatic issue either. It will sleep at second intent and all further intents.

Have a great day,

KGP

I cannot help you based on the info you provide. If your PC only wakes up at fist sleep intent, i don’t see any dramatic issue either. It will sleep at second intent and all further intents.

Have a great day,

KGP
SLEEP: it does. 1st wont. 2nd onward it works. No big issue.

Thunderbolt 3: Reading your guide you say that a device still needs to be connected at boot in both the Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt ports so to have MacOS load the driver. From that point How plug is working. Am I correct? I'm experiencing this behavior related to USB Type C too.

SApphire Vega 64 Nitro+: It happened after running Unigine benchmark that the Vega 64 vents did not slow down. I had to reboot to get their original speed. Did this ever happened to you?

Thanks!! This system Rocks!

Hi! thanks for make X99-AII greate again! :)
I'm stuck on B.1.2) MSR 0xE2 register unlock for OSX Kernel Write ... Can't execute the UEFI-Patch procedure!
Got this :
C:\Users\X99\Desktop\UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx>./UEFIPatch X99A2.CAP
'.' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\X99\Desktop\UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx>

Any help?
Thanks in advance

Hi! thanks for make X99-AII greate again! :)
I'm stuck on B.1.2) MSR 0xE2 register unlock for OSX Kernel Write ... Can't execute the UEFI-Patch procedure!
Got this :
C:\Users\X99\Desktop\UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx>./UEFIPatch X99A2.CAP
'.' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\X99\Desktop\UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx>

Any help?
Thanks in advance

?????? Read again my guide, please..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back