Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it will not do

I had to deal with playing with HT on and off,
I posted many many messages here about that, as I didnt understand at all how HT and dual graphic cards could be linked
i had a workstation working on Sierra only, with full acceleration and dual titan X OC
on high Sierra it never ever worked, but with one card: PERFECT

to resume:
1/ high Sierra doesnt like at all dual graphic cards, my advice: forget dual graphic cards and use ONLY one
2/ sierra is ok if and only if you put HT off on the bios, after Nvidia web driver can work and you will have full acceleration
3/ Mojave: as all Nvidia users: FORGET

Turning off Hyperthreading didn't do the tricks for me...

You write there, put the files.
Maybe those who have two video cards can help you.

And it will not do

I posted many many messages here about that, as I didnt understand at all how HT and dual graphic cards could be linked
i had a workstation working on Sierra only, with full acceleration and dual titan X OC

to resume:
1/ high Sierra doesnt like at all dual graphic cards, my advice: forget dual graphic cards and use ONLY one
2/ sierra is ok if and only if you put HT off on the bios, after Nvidia web driver can work and you will have full acceleration

ad.1) I would rather say that does not like any dual Nvidia GPU configuration. There is no problem with a dual Vega configuration though. ;)

oh sorry yes right,
I was focusing on Nvidia only

but concerning dual Vega, how works the dual, so far the GPGPU doesnt work like CUDA (Nvidia)
don't know how open CL can use it super well
also I am curious to know how is the benefits on metal or metal 2 (with FCPX or any programs pretty greedy in ressources) :)

I remember a topic on tonymac and also a post on this topic about a person with dual Vega but the second one was used to extend the number of screens not the parallel computing :(

ad.1) I would rather say that does not like any dual Nvidia GPU configuration. There is no problem with a dual Vega configuration though. ;)

And it will not do

to resume:

Man, I got a perfect install with sierra dual GPU and HT on for 2 years and never got an issue.
That's not a choice, all my professional softwares needs CUDA to work. So there isn't any hope ? I had to revert back to 10.12 ?

Last edited:
oh sorry yes right,
I was focusing on Nvidia only

but concerning dual Vega, how works the dual, so far the GPGPU doesnt work like CUDA (Nvidia)
don't know how open CL can use it super well
also I am curious to know how is the benefits on metal or metal 2 (with FCPX or any programs pretty greedy in ressources) :)

I remember a topic on tonymac and also a post on this topic about a person with dual Vega but the second one was used to extend the number of screens not the parallel computing :(

I only have a single Vega configuration. Your answer might be better responded by those successfully employing a dual Vega configuration.

Reactions: GDS
Substantial Revision of Section E.4) - USB Configuration

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

Here is what I created for Asrock X99M Killer 3.1. Also attached my ioreg.

Attachments

• Asrock-X99M-Killer-3.1-iMacPro-XHCI-15port.kext.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Jameski.ioreg
    16.8 MB · Views: 103
Sorry had a little error I had to correct. Post updated.

Could you please also upload the fully implemented kext (with all USB connectors implemented and working) to be added to the XHC USB kext library?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back