Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I'm on 10.13.6 SU.
GPU should appears into the Nvidia preferences and in the about window, looks like macOS doesn't recognise my NVIDIA GTX cards. And when I check the NVIDIA Web Drivers and reboot, the default macOS drivers are back.
Try it can help.

Attachments

• SSDT-Graphics-Sleep-Fix.aml
    880 bytes · Views: 84
Try it can help.

I actually don't believe that the Nvidia GFX0/HDAU system SSDT implementation will really help in his issue of a web driver that yet simply refuses to load during system boot.

If checking NvidiaWeb in the config.plist does not help, it might well be that the distributed web driver is actually not designed for 10.13.6 SU. If this would turn out to be true, one would have to apply the Web driver patching still outlined in my iMac Pro Mojave guides. I really hope that the latter is not the case, as this would usually also prevent the initial web driver installation under 10.13.6 SU, which apparently worked without issues in his case.

Last edited:
After uninstall / reinstall nvidia web drivers I got strange results.
Now I can't boot anymore except if I put the flag "nv_disable=1". Otherwise, it's crashing during the boot (no kp but stuck at some lines, and I can hear the GPU Fan).

I tried to check the Nvidia Web, but it's crash again.

The more strangest fact is now the "NVIDIA Web Driver" option is always checked into the pref panel, even I choose "Default macOS driver" and uncheck it into clover....Waaaaa I don't understand at all

After uninstall / reinstall nvidia web drivers I got strange results.
Now I can't boot anymore except if I put the flag "nv_disable=1". Otherwise, it's crashing during the boot (no kp but stuck at some lines, and I can hear the GPU Fan).

I tried to check the Nvidia Web, but it's crash again.

The more strangest fact is now the "NVIDIA Web Driver" option is always checked into the pref panel, even I choose "Default macOS driver" and uncheck it into clover....Waaaaa I don't understand at all

Man! You have to uncheck NvidiaWeb if you do not want the web driver to load, otherwise it will be forced to load always! Up to my knowledge, nv_disable=1 does not apply at all and is obsolete for more than one year.

Given the actual results posted on Insanelymac, the web driver should work flawless under 10.13.6 SU.

If you are not able to manage, change to Vega ;)

Ok good to know about the obsolete flag.
I don't know how but, I was able to boot with web drivers when I tested to add the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and remove one card.
I tested to remove the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, that was still ok to boot with web drivers.

Then, I put the second card, and all screw up, I'm unable to boot anymore. can't find a logic

Ok good to know about the obsolete flag.
I don't know how but, I was able to boot with web drivers when I tested to add the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and remove one card.
I tested to remove the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, that was still ok to boot with web drivers.

Then, I put the second card, and all screw up, I'm unable to boot anymore. can't find a logic
You send the EFI from which you downloaded, KGP is not clairvoyant

Here you can find my EFI Folder

EDIT :
In reality I was not patient, it's working.
I was not waiting too much time, but system can boot....after 15 minutes, desktop appears ! There is definitely something wrong here.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.3 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Thanks for your help, but same results. Boot time is around 10 min with web drivers enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back