Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached below a revised version of your EFI-Folder originally attached to post #2577.

I basically removed all unnecessary kernel patches, not only by also assuming that your MSR register is unlocked.

If this EFI-Folder does not reveal the expected performance, there is still something at odd with your microcodes.

BTW.. the 10.13.6 XCPM_performance_patch is not supposed to work with 10.13.6 SU.

With this, the topic is also closed from my side.

Cheers,

KGP

Just wanted to give you an update. If I disable the performance patch, enable the KernelPM and xcpm_core_scope_msrs with your posted efi, my cpu performance is outstanding!!!! Ill update this post with Intel Power Gadget shortly. Seems Geekbench is website is giving 500 error code atm for submitting results. But results in Cinebench are good.

Just wanted to give you an update. If I disable the performance patch, enable the KernelPM and xcpm_core_scope_msrs with your posted efi, my cpu performance is outstanding!!!! Ill update this post with Intel Power Gadget shortly. Seems Geekbench is website is giving 500 error code atm for submitting results. But results in Cinebench are good.

Which means that your MSR is locked..

Which means that your MSR is locked..

Yes locked or not available. Tried using the approach to unlock msr, but stopped in the instructions when "CFG Lock" was not found months ago and the past 2 day attempts. :(

Call for fully-implemented, board-specific XHC USB kexts

All experienced users with fully-implemented, board-specific XHC USB kexts for motherboards not yet being part of the respective XHC USB Kext Library are kindly invited to upload their particular XHC USB kexts after following the correct kext nomenclatures defined in my XHC USB Kext creation guidelines, by also providing full motherboard and SMBIOS denominations.

Many thanks in advance for your appreciated collaboration,

kgp.png

Nvidia Web Driver release for 10.13.6 SU (17G3025)

Nvidia Web Driver - 387.10.10.10.40.108

Enjoy and have fun,

View attachment 362517
Thank you for sharing this. I've been checking the downloads page on the forum for updates.

It compiles the page from this webpage: https://gfe.nvidia.com/mac-update

The driver you linked to is not posted there, yet. Can we continue to rely on the nvidia.com link? Also, if you don't mind, can you please share how you got the link to the above driver? I'm really curious.

Thank you for sharing this. I've been checking the downloads page on the forum for updates.

It compiles the page from this webpage: https://gfe.nvidia.com/mac-update

The driver you linked to is not posted there, yet. Can we continue to rely on the nvidia.com link? Also, if you don't mind, can you please share how you got the link to the above driver? I'm really curious.

Link to driver has been posted by Fantomas1 on InsanelyMac. I guess it is a deriver which was officially released by Nvidia for a while and subsequently disappeared from the Nvidia server. It was a driver for 10.13.6 which supposedly also works with 10.13.6 SU.

Reactions: dez
Hi KGP !

I'm back with some good news.
I bought a new USB stick this morning (the old one which I tried to install yesterday was pretty old) and installation was ok this time, without any kernel panic ^^
I have a quick question about graphics, my two GPU GTX 1080 are not detected. I've already installed the very last web drivers from your link a few hours ago and check "NVIDIA Web driver" into the pref panel, restart, but no luck. I already tried to add "nvda_drv=1" on boot but no succes at all.

I'm checking your guide, but I can't find a word about this kind of issues, do you have any idea ? Thanks

Hi KGP !

I'm back with some good news.
I bought a new USB stick this morning (the old one which I tried to install yesterday was pretty old) and installation was ok this time, without any kernel panic ^^
I have a quick question about graphics, my two GPU GTX 1080 are not detected. I've already installed the very last web drivers from your link a few hours ago and check "NVIDIA Web driver" into the pref panel, restart, but no luck. I already tried to add "nvda_drv=1" on boot but no succes at all.

I'm checking your guide, but I can't find a word about this kind of issues, do you have any idea ? Thanks

What do you mean by "my two GPU GTX 1080 are not detected"? Which macOS version are you currently on? 10.13.6 SU?

Really no idea how to help you in this issue, my friend, sorry..

Yep I'm on 10.13.6 SU.
GPU should appears into the Nvidia preferences and in the about window, looks like macOS doesn't recognise my NVIDIA GTX cards. And when I check the NVIDIA Web Drivers and reboot, the default macOS drivers are back.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2018-11-03 à 09.35.29.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-11-03 à 09.35.29.png
    498.5 KB · Views: 85
Yep I'm on 10.13.6 SU.
GPU should appears into the Nvidia preferences and in the about window, looks like macOS doesn't recognise my NVIDIA GTX cards. And when I check the NVIDIA Web Drivers and reboot, the default macOS drivers are back.

If macOS would not recognise your NVIDIA GTX cards, you would a.) not be able to boot and b.) not be able to make or upload any screenshot, as you simply would have no image on your screen and remain with a non-functional system ;):lol:..

Your real problem is actually due to fact that yet, the web driver is neither loaded or implemented on your system during boot.

Check Nvidia Web in your config.plist...

Screenshot 2018-11-03 at 17.43.30.png

Hope this helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back