Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi KGP, first of all thank you for your amazing work with these guides you've made!!

I followed your guide, and the only difference between my build and yours it's the cpu. I have a 5820k.
Evertything works fine, but XCPM. In the terminal sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode returns always "0", and kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu it's not empty...
My cpu it's always going at full OC speed 4,2ghz.
How I get rid of the Apple Intel CPU power management? I know that there are problems with Broadwell Cpu's in 10.13.6 but I used the new patches that are working for others with Haswell Cpu's. I'm missing something?? Thank you again!!

Hi KGP, first of all thank you for your amazing work with these guides you've made!!

I followed your guide, and the only difference between my build and yours it's the cpu. I have a 5820k.
Evertything works fine, but XCPM. In the terminal sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode returns always "0", and kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu it's not empty...
My cpu it's always going at full OC speed 4,2ghz.
How I get rid of the Apple Intel CPU power management? I know that there are problems with Broadwell Cpu's in 10.13.6 but I used the new patches that are working for others with Haswell Cpu's. I'm missing something?? Thank you again!!

XCPM is not working at all on your system.. that's why your CPU permanently drive at defined max. load frequency.. thus nothing to get rid off. The opposite is the case... Try to make XCMP work!

Good luck,

KGP

Thus the question remains, why it does not apply with the ASUS X99-A II and respective BIOS settings..

It perfectly worked with 10.13.5.. Now OC is broken under both 10.13.6 and 10.14..

BTW.. you should also try 10.14 PB5..
it would be helpful if somebody tried my configuration on a hackintosh similar to mine, with MSI x99A motherboard. and let us know something. this state can't be unreplicable!
asap I'll try mojave and see what happens. :)
and, again, thanks for all, dear @kgp! I'll keep following you :thumbup::wave: if you have an intuition about my rig, please share!

Reactions: kgp
it would be helpful if somebody tried my configuration on a hackintosh similar to mine, with MSI x99A motherboard. and let us know something. this state can't be unreplicable!
asap I'll try mojave and see what happens. :)
and, again, thanks for all, dear @kgp! I'll keep following you :thumbup::wave: if you have an intuition about my rig, please share!

I have installed 10.13.6 with FakeCPUID 0x0306f2(0x040674 can not start),but XCPM does not work and have some trouble with sleep/wake up.I will try your EFI and share the results

I have installed 10.13.6 with FakeCPUID 0x0306f2(0x040674 can not start),but XCPM does not work and have some trouble with sleep/wake up.I will try your EFI and share the results

How do you expect XCPM to work if you use Haswell FakeCPUID 0x0306f2 instead of 0x040674?

To start your system with 0x040674 as required, you just need the X99 kext patch and the xcpm pkg scope kernel patch... No other xcpm kexts are really required...

Also... please provide information instead of prose.. E.g. provide screenshots of your BIOS settings and upload your EFI-Folder to allow others to help..

How do you expect XCPM to work if you use Haswell FakeCPUID 0x0306f2 instead of 0x040674?

To start your system with 0x040674 as required, you just need the X99 kext patch and the xcpm pkg scope kernel patch... No other xcpm kexts are really required...

Also... please provide information instead of prose.. E.g. provide screenshots of your BIOS settings and upload your EFI-Folder to allow others to help..

Need help on installing mac on my Asus X99 Gaming MB with I76900K and Gtx1080sli and Samsung 860Evo, I have read so many methods and can't seem to load it correctly, Im getting "cannot allocate Runtime something" can you guide me personally for $?

Need help on installing mac on my Asus X99 Gaming MB with I76900K and Gtx1080sli and Samsung 860Evo, I have read so many methods and can't seem to load it correctly, Im getting "cannot allocate Runtime something" can you guide me personally for $?

Enable „above 4G decoding“ in mainboard BIOS..

Enable „above 4G decoding“ in mainboard BIOS..
Getting at the end: End RandomSeed the a line of +++++++ _ . then it stays like that, I enabled Above 4G, in most of my tries with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi it did that as well, tried lot of stuff and mostly it just get stuck at that +++++ line, with another Aptio iwas getting :Cannot allocate ....etc, sometimes it was restarting, can you just prepare and EFI folder for me with some recommendation and tell me what it would cost me for you to help me with getting this done the easy way..

In this last try i used your EFI folder as is with nothing changed, then i get End RandomSeed +++++

Getting at the end: End RandomSeed the a line of +++++++ _ . then it stays like that, I enabled Above 4G, in most of my tries with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi it did that as well, tried lot of stuff and mostly it just get stuck at that +++++ line, with another Aptio iwas getting :Cannot allocate ....etc, sometimes it was restarting, can you just prepare and EFI folder for me with some recommendation and tell me what it would cost me for you to help me with getting this done the easy way..

In this last try i used your EFI folder as is with nothing changed, then i get End RandomSeed +++++

Try to use AptioMemoryfix.efi and „above 4G decoding“.. this should work...

If you are stocked at ++++ , there is something wrong with your EFI folder or BIOS settings.

Please revise!

If you don‘t succeed, upload EFI-folder and BIOS screenshots to allow people to help..

If you use my EFI-Folder you need to add a properly adjusted TSCAdjustReset.kext to succesfully boot your system and to pass the ++++ line

Good luck,

KGP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back