Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
To get a working xcpm I inserted this patch below, found on insanelymac (thanks to cfszs, that managed to find the correct binary file):

Code:
performance fix for 10.13.6 (17G65)

find
C1 E3 08 48 63 D3 89 D0 48 C1 EA 20 B9 99 01 00 00 0F 30 48 FF 05 79 B0 6B 00 48 83 C4 08 5B 5D C3 66 2E 0F 1F 84 00 00 00 00 00

replace
BB 00 FF 00 00 48 63 D3 89 D0 48 C1 EA 20 B9 99 01 00 00 0F 30 48 FF 05 79 B0 6B 00 48 83 C4 08 5B 5D C3 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90

I continued to use, as always indicated by kgp, the FAKECPUID of Broadwell-E: 0x040674
and, to check if the xcpm is active, use the command as proposed by kgp in its great guide: "sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode"
in my case the result is: 1, so everything works properly. Tested, it's working.

@kgp

Typo in the guide ?
In Section C.) Important General Note/Advice and Error Prevention
Item 7 talks about editing the TSCAdjustRest.kext and concludes in sub section e.) with :
copy the modified VoodooTSCSync.kext to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ - directories of both USB Flash Drive Installer and System Disk
Surely that should read as "copy the modified TSCAdjustRest.kext" ?

Reactions: kgp
@kgp

Typo in the guide ?
In Section C.) Important General Note/Advice and Error Prevention
Item 7 talks about editing the TSCAdjustRest.kext and concludes in sub section e.) with :

Surely that should read as "copy the modified TSCAdjustRest.kext" ?

No..., read:#1857

I'm not able to flash the bios. I have the very same mobo as the guide (X99-A II). Tried to patch the file and tried the file attached to the guide, none worked. My USB drive is FAT32 formatted, I connected it on the right USB port, I tried different USB drives and tried both pressing the flash button for 3 seconds and through EZ Flash 3 utility: none of them worked. The utility says: 'Selected file is not a proper BIOS!'.
My current firmware is 1801 (updated through EZ Flash 3) and I tried to patch both the 1902 beta and 1801 too.
Dunno what I should do to solve it, I've found a very few on this matter online.

Had same problem before
I dont know how I managed to flash it but now it is ok

in any clase to not be locked on this part you can add a line on clover (see the 1st topic)
it will (for a while) let you manage without the modded bios

good luck

I'm not able to flash the bios. I have the very same mobo as the guide (X99-A II). Tried to patch the file and tried the file attached to the guide, none worked. My USB drive is FAT32 formatted, I connected it on the right USB port, I tried different USB drives and tried both pressing the flash button for 3 seconds and through EZ Flash 3 utility: none of them worked. The utility says: 'Selected file is not a proper BIOS!'.
My current firmware is 1801 (updated through EZ Flash 3) and I tried to patch both the 1902 beta and 1801 too.
Dunno what I should do to solve it, I've found a very few on this matter online.

hey @kgp thanks for the guide!

I'm trying to use part of this to get my XCPM working on my broadwell chip as well as using this thread here. My main reason for focusing on this is because my computer will get under load in my editing programs - Premiere Pro and Davinci - And randomly shut down. At first i thought it was an external USB power issue, but no, I did that custom SSDT from @RehabMan and i'm still having these shut downs.

I have two errors in your described process where the rest come back correct.

3.) To verify that the Frequency-Vectors are now loaded, use the following terminal command:

If everything is ok, the command returns "1".

I cannot get this terminal command to come back to "1" it always comes back "0"

4.) To obtain further information on your XCPM Power Management configuration, download Piker Alpha’s AppleIntelInfo.kext from Github. To compile the source code, you need to primarily install Xcode (Appstore) and Xcode Command Line Tools! This guideline might be helpful for the successfully installation of the latter.

Now enter the following terminal commands:

Load the AppleIntelInfo.kext with "kextload" and "cat" the info-results with the following terminal commands:

The cat command should reveal something like the following result:

To unload the AppleIntelInfo.kext, enter the terminal command:

I also do not understand how to compile x-code. I have gone through the guidline you link and all of that comes back and the command lines are installed. However, I cannot for the life of me how to figure out how to actually compile the project file into a kext or what I'm supposed to do! So I'm very stuck on this particular AppleIntelInfo.Kext step.

I've included my debug report updated on next boot after one of these random restarts and my config file(uuid and serials have been removed). Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 1.38.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 1.38.56 PM.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 272
  • debug_15052.zip
    3 MB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Irrelevant.
Surely it is irrelevant, but I had made the mistake as well I, certainly kgp has committed badly typing, in my old post, I asked if (certainly) were not to use both modified kext ... in fact kgp had responded by confirming that was to be inserted exclusively: TSCAdjustRest.kext ...

That's all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back