Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey kgp!

I just wanted to know if you have already taken a look on macOS Mojave. Is it already possible to install it using this guide or are bigger changes needed?

I have tested it already on my HackMini (works great :thumbup:), but I would like to know if it is working on X99.

Best regards

Hey kgp!

I just wanted to know if you have already taken a look on macOS Mojave. Is it already possible to install it using this guide or are bigger changes needed?

I have tested it already on my HackMini (works great :thumbup:), but I would like to know if it is working on X99.

Best regards

It works, 100%... I will come up with the new guide here as soon it will be compliant with the board rules and there will be a corresponding section for publishing. The same states for this guy.

Last edited:
New EFI-Folder implemented in and attached to the originating post of this thread (guide)

EFI-Folder related changes:
  • Implementation of Boot Loader Clover_v2.4k_r4548
  • Removal of aspf.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
  • Adding ApfsDriverLoader.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
  • Adding AGPMEnabler.kext to/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (thanks to @apfelnico)
Guide related changes:
  • Update of Section C.6)

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

Attachments

• EFI-X99-10.13.5-Release-iMacPro1,1-160618.zip
    18 MB · Views: 127
Hi @kgp ! I told you few weeks ago that I was not able to get OC in my 6900k with 10.13.4. Now, I've updated following your guide to 10.13.5 and changed smbios to iMac Pro but still no OC. Im using your EFI folder, I deleted ssdt.aml, and BIOS is well configurated. Is something wrong? Thank you.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-06-17 a las 0.56.48.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-06-17 a las 0.56.48.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Captura de pantalla 2018-06-17 a las 0.58.54.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-06-17 a las 0.58.54.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 83
Hi @kgp ! I told you few weeks ago that I was not able to get OC in my 6900k with 10.13.4. Now, I've updated following your guide to 10.13.5 and changed smbios to iMac Pro but still no OC. Im using your EFI folder, I deleted ssdt.aml, and BIOS is well configurated. Is something wrong? Thank you.

Certainly there must be still something wrong in your configuration.. What, I don't know from the spare information and poor bug report you provide above.. what do your kexts have to do with OC?

1.) Just to use my EFI-folder is not enough
2.) The BIOS might be well configured in your personal opinion
3.) You deleted the ssdt.aml.. And?

If everything has been done as indicated in my guide, why OC does not work in your case, my friend?

:rolleyes:

@kgp Haha, your right! :)
The BIOS is well configurated, whit this I mean that is configurated as your guide says :)
I deleted ssdt.aml because you said it is not necessary anymore to have XCPM.
I'm trying to OC to 42 like in 10.13.4 but in Intel Power Gadget only caps 3.8ghz.

@kgp Haha, your right! :)
The BIOS is well configurated, whit this I mean that is configurated as your guide says :)
I deleted ssdt.aml because you said it is not necessary anymore to have XCPM.
I'm trying to OC to 42 like in 10.13.4 but in Intel Power Gadget only caps 3.8ghz.

Once more my friend, please try to provide a detailed bug report. I am not able to do anything with your wording and poetry. ;)

Noob question
Do I need to install latest version of clover after finishing my fresh install of 10.13.5 following your guide?

My EFI-Folder distributed yesterday should include already the latest version of clover for now. If there is any newer version of Clover you can update Clover of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back