How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
no sorry
I am not at this level of mod
just using the UEFI patch and your method, so no splash screen image so far

I will make it when I will have FULLY reliable hack with your manual

Here you go...

Your patched ASUS X99 Deluxe II BIOS firmware with the iMacPro Splash Screen in the attachment.. ;)

Attachments

• X99D2.CAP.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 105
Reactions: GDS
AptioMemory and AptioInput.......Hot off the presses......seems a bit slower, but perhaps a bit more compatible......use with caution!!

Just tried this AptioMemory fix and the one from kgp in the original post. Both still give me: amf: no slide values are usable. And after that Couldn't allocate runtime area. Should I go back to an older version of Clover and try with AptioFix2000.efi?

Motherboard is the MSI X99s SLI PLUS with an i7-5820k.

https://i.imgur.com/9I1GAPG.png

Just tried this AptioMemory fix and the one from kgp in the original post. Both still give me: amf: no slide values are usable. And after that Couldn't allocate runtime area. Should I go back to an older version of Clover and try with AptioFix2000.efi?

Try to enable above 4G decoding in BIOS..

Try to enable above 4G decoding in BIOS..

Thanks for the response.

4G Decoding is enabled.
VT-d disabled.
No slide boot arguments.
CFG Lock is disabled. So it should be unlocked.
CSM (MSI calls this different) is disabled.
VT-X etc enabled.

I see the X99S SLI PLUS is a pain to boot 10.13 on. I'll try with different AptioMem fixes. And make a memmap.

Edit: I got into the installer with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi for some reason. I hate this MSI board :p

First reboot after the installer. Error allocating 0x11ad7 pages at 0xetc... alloc type2
Couldn't allocate runtime area.

Feels more like a hit or miss with this free2000.efi.

Last edited:
@kgp,
In section C. it is no longer possible to compile AptioMemoryFix.efi using the builder.sh command, but using only the auto build of the docker container on CentOS 7.
I simply downloaded and installed: docker.app, so as to implement these commands.

Reactions: kgp
Installation was successful. I replaced the AptioFix2000.efi with AptioMemoryFix.efi and AptioInputFix.efi. It seems to work for now.

Unfortunately my i7-5820k does not seem to be recognised. On boot it complains about Unsupported CPU. And I can verify this in the About this Mac screen. See screenshot. I am using 0x0306F2 as the FakeCPUID. This should be correct?

https://i.imgur.com/XBiaIUi.png

Also NVRAM settings don't seem to stick. I downloaded the Nvidia Web Driver for 10.13.5 and installed them. After selecting the Nvidia Web Driver and rebooting the setting is back to the default graphics driver. What am I doing wrong here? I've attached my Clover folder.

Edit: After a few reboots the Nvidia driver suddenly works. Excellent. Still no CPU recognition however :(

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Wonderful
i will continue my investigation
but afraid of the part concerning : the IOREG CPU, pretty different with 44 threads
let see what will happen

Here you go...

Your patched ASUS X99 Deluxe II BIOS firmware with the iMacPro Splash Screen in the attachment.. ;)

i had the same question problem yesterday
and wanted to use the docker.app as described
will try to see
but the AptioMemoryFix.efi of the EFI of kgp is still useful,
I mean compiling as described or using the one in the EFI package, what is the difference? (excliding having the last version)

@kgp,
In section C. it is no longer possible to compile AptioMemoryFix.efi using the builder.sh command, but using only the auto build of the docker container on CentOS 7.
I simply downloaded and installed: docker.app, so as to implement these commands.

Try enabling 4g decoding.....that's what I had to do......other than that, I don't have any magic fixes for you....

There is a tutorial about calculating a slide value that might work for you.....google "clover calculating slide value".....

Last edited:
Try enabling 4g decoding.....that's what I had to do......other than that, I don't have any magic fixes for you....

There is a tutorial about calculating a slide value that might work for you.....google "clover calculating slide value".....

Thank you for the response. It's working fine now :) The installer had some issue's with slide, but the system is fine now with the normal AptioMemory fix. See my response above.

Only issue I have now is that it does not see what kind of CPU I have. It's stuck at unknown.

Edit: I've set CPU Type to 0x0A01. Shows 6 core Intel Xeon E5 now at the "About this Mac". Unfortunately the frequency is stuck at 3.6 Ghz together with 100% utilization. This means p-states are not working right?

https://imgur.com/a/cXGaazM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back