Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is anyway a new EFI-Folder attached to the originating post for this thread (new guide)..

Yes, I implemented it and it's working great. BTW, awesome refresh to the X99 guide. Thanks for taking the time to do it!

There's still some improvement to do with Power Management in my particular case, but the new EFI made a huge performance difference!

@yannh1992 you should try it in your build!

Reactions: kgp
Have you tried with SMBIOS and FAKE CPUID 0x040674 (I believe that is Broadwell-E identifier). Also check out the new EFI Folder kgp uploaded in post #1700, it saved my current setup (which uses your exact same CPU btw)..

My System wont boot with FAKE ID 0x040674.. I need 0x0306F2, dunno why :(

Hi kgp, for haswell processor: TSCAdjustRest.kext and VoodooTsync.kext are not to be used together, If I understand correctly, tga replaces voodoo, right?

yes

AptioMemory and AptioInput.......Hot off the presses......seems a bit slower, but perhaps a bit more compatible......use with caution!!

Attachments

• Latest Aptio.zip
    24.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I have used the EFI folder with some changes to make iMessages work and change the id to use Haswell. Now I am having issues with Final Cut Pro X with an RX 580. When I export a master file, the graphics become very laggy that the machine becomes unusable. The same happens when I launch Gameshow, which uses accelerated encoding.

Does anyone have a solution that is also using RX 5xx series GPU on an x99 platform?

Edit: Switched to the MacPro5,1 SMBIOS and it doesn't have this issue when I export to H264. It has to be with the GVA encoder since it expects an Intel iGPU, which an X99 does not have. That and the built in AMD Encoder doesn't work in Apps.

Last edited:
Hi Mr. KPG, I followed your instructions and successfully used 10.13.5 on the ASUS Rampage V Extreme motherboard +5930K to achieve a stable sleep and wake-up. This has never happened before 10.13.5. Thank you very much for your guidance. Can you help me see if these are normal?

—————————————————————

1: I still use VoodooTSCSync.kext
2: Because it is Haswell-E, I use the old KernelToPatch
3: When I'm sleeping, any USB device that is plugged in and out will wake from sleep.

4: When I manually click to sleep, the computer will not immediately go to sleep, about 10 seconds before entering sleep

—————————————————————

This is the longest sleep and can wake up

Code:
2018-06-05 01:52:21 +0800 Notification            Display is turned off

2018-06-05 12:30:09 +0800 Notification            Display is turned on

Total Sleep/Wakes since boot at 2018-06-05 01:31:36 +0800 :12

—————————————————————

Attachments

• image.zip
    1 MB · Views: 82
for people interested, my tiny little contribution, the X99D2.CAP patched (as the X99-A2 and the Deluxe2 have different bios)
checksum different and size different
;)

Attachments

• X99D2.CAP.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 153
Reactions: kgp
for people interested, my tiny little contribution, the X99D2.CAP patched (as the X99-A2 and the Deluxe2 have different bios)
checksum different and size different
;)

Did you implement the iMacPro Splash Screen Image?

no sorry
I am not at this level of mod
just using the UEFI patch and your method, so no splash screen image so far

I will make it when I will have FULLY reliable hack with your manual

Did you implement the iMacPro Splash Screen Image?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back