Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best moment to ask that question. You know about the Broadwell-E OC issue since 10.13.4?

If you want to have proper XCPM power management, stay with 10.13.3 and follow all steps outlined in the guide.

Good luck,

KGP
I assume this is the same for Haswell-E on 10.13.4? I have a 5960X and I did the `./ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4400` SSDT.aml in the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ , but my Geekbench Multi-Core is only 26615 compared to the 41091 you got. I know your 6950X is a 10-core compared to my 5960X 8-core, but I doubt that would result in almost double the multicore performance?

Also I implemented the ACPI patches and SSDT-X99.aml in the OP, but I'm still getting post-code 3, black screen unresponsive, and unable to wake from sleep on my Rampage V Extreme. Anything else I should check?

I assume this is the same for Haswell-E on 10.13.4? I have a 5960X and I did the `./ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4400` SSDT.aml in the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ , but my Geekbench Multi-Core is only 26615 compared to the 41091 you got. I know your 6950X is a 10-core compared to my 5960X 8-core, but I doubt that would result in almost double the multicore performance?

Also I implemented the ACPI patches and SSDT-X99.aml in the OP, but I'm still getting post-code 3, black screen unresponsive, and unable to wake from sleep on my Rampage V Extreme. Anything else I should check?

Likely also Haswell-E might be affected, while Haswell continues working under 10.13.4.

From your few comments above it is impossible to deduce what you have done so far and if you properly implemented the ACPI patches, SSDT and the overall system configuration.

Likely also Haswell-E might be affected, while Haswell continues working under 10.13.4.

From your few comments above it is impossible to deduce what you have done so far and if you properly implemented the ACPI patches, SSDT and the overall system configuration.
I unchecked the DSDT ACPI patches in the config.plist and copy-pasted the SSDT-X99.aml to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ . I have dual GPU though (one in PCI0 and one in PCI3), so that means I need to modify the SSDT-X99.aml? Is everything else in the SSDT-X99.aml compatible with an X99 ASUS board? I found that section a bit tough to follow, sorry.

I unchecked the DSDT ACPI patches in the config.plist and copy-pasted the SSDT-X99.aml to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ . I have dual GPU though (one in PCI0 and one in PCI3), so that means I need to modify the SSDT-X99.aml?

This won't work just like this. You have to verify and likely adopt both ACPI patches and SSDT to your system and slot configuration.

Broken or wrong ACPI patches and SSDTs do not improve your system. The opposite is the case. If you do not know how to adopt the ACPI patches and SSDT, it is better not to use any.

Last edited:
This won't work just like this. You have to verify and likely adopt both ACPI patches and SSDT to your system and slot configuration.
Oops, found the problem. I'm using the PMDriver.kext hence the black screen on wake. My bad.

Oops, found the problem. I'm using the PMDriver.kext hence the black screen on wake. My bad.

o.k.... anyway, always watch Section "PCI" of Apple's system report and "IOReg", if your ACPI patches and SSDT are working!

Hi there, I've been trying to patch my motherboard (X99-A II), but the bios flashback LED just stays on after flashing a couple of times. According to the manuals the cause could be "improper installation of the portable storage device, an error in the file name, or incompatibility in file formats".
- USB: Sandisk cruzer edge 16gb, usb 2.0 (brand new, never been used before)
- Format: MS-DOS(FAT32)
- current bios: 1701
- the bios trying to update to: 1801
- the actual bios file has been patched properly (got the result as shown in the guide)
- patched filename: X99A2.CAP

Thanks for help :)

Last edited:
@rezzz91, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Not the best moment to ask that question. You know about the Broadwell-E OC issue since 10.13.4?

If you want to have proper XCPM power management, stay with 10.13.3 and follow all steps outlined in the guide.

Good luck,

KGP

Thank you for your reply.
I am not trying to OC the system I just don't know why my other fan Stops working when I boot into the system But as you see the Monitor thinks it is spinning.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 7.06.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 7.06.44 PM.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 139
Thank you for your reply.
I am not trying to OC the system I just don't know why my other fan Stops working when I boot into the system But as you see the Monitor thinks it is spinning.

Which version of HWMonitor are you using? Remove the board sensor kext and report back if this resolves your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back