Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you need to inject an audio ID different from 1? This mainly depends on your onboard sound chip.
Ok got audio working. Here's what I did. I have a Asus Rampage V Extreme so my Audio Codec is ALC1150. I installed the ALC1150.kext Codec using Multibeast. I downloaded toleda's patched X99 SSDT-HDEF-ALZA-1.aml from his Github and put it in the /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder as well as enabling the ACPI replacement ALZA -> HDEF in the config.plist. I then ran toleda's audio_cloverALC-130_v0.5.command script to patch the ALC1150 kext. Rebooted and audio's working!

New question: It seems my sleep/wake is broken because after I tried to wake from sleep, I got post-code 30 and no display out -- black screen and completely unresponsive. I have the SSDT.aml generated using Piker-Alpha's ssdtprgen.sh script in my /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder. Any suggestions?

Ok got audio working. Here's what I did. I have a Asus Rampage V Extreme so my Audio Codec is ALC1150. I installed the ALC1150.kext Codec using Multibeast. I downloaded toleda's patched X99 SSDT-HDEF-ALZA-1.aml from his Github and put it in the /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder as well as enabling the ACPI replacement ALZA -> HDEF in the config.plist. I then ran toleda's audio_cloverALC-130_v0.5.command script to patch the ALC1150 kext. Rebooted and audio's working!

New question: It seems my sleep/wake is broken because after I tried to wake from sleep, I got post-code 30 and no display out -- black screen and completely unresponsive. I have the SSDT.aml generated using Piker-Alpha's ssdtprgen.sh script in my /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder. Any suggestions?

Which connection there is between sleep/wake and Piker-Alpha's SSDT.aml? Did you implement/adopt the ACPI patches and SSDT-X99.aml distributed in the originating post of this thread?

Which connection there is between sleep/wake and Piker-Alpha's SSDT.aml? Did you implement/adopt the ACPI patches and SSDT-X99.aml distributed in the originating post of this thread?
Oh, I'm dumb, sorry I mistakenly thought the power management and sleep/wake were connected. I hadn't done those steps yet, sorry, I'm going to implement them now. Thanks for your help btw.

Hi, I want to go through the CPU power management section but I am confused could you please help me with my hardware which settings I must choose specifically. Thank you

No need for video helper card with Lilu and whatevergreen worked oob with @kgp guide.

I tried to delete lilu and whatevergreen kexts from S / L / E in the system disk and in Clover Kexts / Other but the result is the same plus now I no longer have the sound card. Could it be a problem with bios settings? My Asrock x99 Taichi has MSR 0xE2 locked and if possible can it be unlocked? My CPU benchmarks in geekbench are low, in multicore I'm just 16000 and I have Sync All Cores active. How did you set the FrequencyVectors for the 6800k?
Thank you.

Hi, I want to go through the CPU power management section but I am confused could you please help me with my hardware which settings I must choose specifically. Thank you
No one :(

Not the best moment to ask that question. You know about the Broadwell-E OC issue since 10.13.4?

If you want to have proper XCPM power management, stay with 10.13.3 and follow all steps outlined in the guide.

Good luck,

KGP

I tried to delete lilu and whatevergreen kexts from S / L / E in the system disk and in Clover Kexts / Other but the result is the same plus now I no longer have the sound card. Could it be a problem with bios settings? My Asrock x99 Taichi has MSR 0xE2 locked and if possible can it be unlocked? My CPU benchmarks in geekbench are low, in multicore I'm just 16000 and I have Sync All Cores active. How did you set the FrequencyVectors for the 6800k?
Thank you.

See post #1657.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back