Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
All CPU states are not properly set in your BIOS. Please compare with my guide..
Adjusted it a bit, i am not sure what i am still missing but it doesnt work :(
Sorry for beeing this dumb haha xD

Actually it does a restart if i turn that "dont reboot at panic" off.

Attachments

• CPUFeaturesNEW.jpg
    CPUFeaturesNEW.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 105
  • CPUFeaturesNEW_00.jpg
    CPUFeaturesNEW_00.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Once again, thanks @kgp - another fresh install on my Haswell-E 5820k

I've gone through the steps up until installing the nVidia drivers with no issues thus far. System seems responsive.

Usually i'd then continue on with the steps re: power management etc, but noticed there were some comments regarding this no longer working on 10.13.4

Is it worth me running through these steps now, or use the system as is?

Thank you!

Once again, thanks @kgp - another fresh install on my Haswell-E 5820k

I've gone through the steps up until installing the nVidia drivers with no issues thus far. System seems responsive.

Usually i'd then continue on with the steps re: power management etc, but noticed there were some comments regarding this no longer working on 10.13.4

Is it worth me running through these steps now, or use the system as is?

Thank you!

You have to apply all steps! The OC issue for Broadwell-E does not affect Haswell or the power managment in general.

Fantastic, and a quick reply. Will go ahead and proceed.

Hey, thanks for the guide once again. I've Updated my X99 10.12.6 to 10.13.4. One problem, and it’s a big one, I cannot access my Windows SSD anymore. I can’t open it’s EFI any which way I try. It doesn’t show up in my BIOS (delete or F12). No way to access via Clover screen. Some how, during update, it’s erased or hidden the Windows’s EFI.

Anyway to fix this with out reinstalling???

I hit this too - just haven't had time to diagnose quite yet.

For me - I see two entries in Clover that say "Boot windows from..." but there's no from. Neither option works. If I figure it out I'll post unless someone beats me to it.

Prett sure I’m going to have to make another Windows USB stick and repair the drive, this time, i’ll Unplug everything Mac related. @kgp you might want to add a warning on the first page!

Hey, thanks for the guide once again, i’ve Updated my X99 10.12.6 to 10.13.4, one problem and it’s a big one, i cannot access my Windows SSD anymore. I can’t open it’s EFI any which way I try, it doesn’t show up in my Bios (delete or F12), no way to access via Clover screen. Some how during update it’s erased or hidden the Windows’s EFI.

Anyway to fix this with out reinstalling???

It is impossible that the macOS update touches anything of your windows SSD, except if YOU select to install macOS on it, which further is impossible as the Windows SSD should be formated in NTFS, not read or writeable for macOS.

Also note that a macOS update does not touch the windows mbr partition, neither it touches any EFI partition!

The only way to modify your windows boot partition would be to erroneously install clover on it.

Clover must be in the EFI partition of your macOS system deive.

The windows drive exclusively needs the windows boot loader partition.

I guess that’s the place and point where YOU totally messed up your dual boot system.

I don't think so @kgp, it's possible, but how would two users do the exact same mistake? The chances are very slim i would think! Clover is on the EFI partition of the MacOS system drive, of course, otherwise I wouldn't be able to boot! Also if I managed to put it on the Windows partition somehow, then it would show up in "EFI Mounter V3" also Terminal Diskutil list.

I'll let you know how i get on

I don't think so @kgp, it's possible, but how would two users do the exact same mistake? The chances are very slim i would think! Clover is on the EFI partition of the MacOS system drive, of course, otherwise I wouldn't be able to boot! Also if I managed to put it on the Windows partition somehow, then it would show up in "EFI Mounter V3" also Terminal Diskutil list.

I'll let you know how i get on

Fact is that if your windows SSD suddenly does not boot or show up in the boot menu or clover, the windows boot partition has been destroyed or corrupted. Any relation with an macOS update can be excluded.

If 2 out of thousands of users commit the same error would not be surprising to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back