Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @kgp !!
I have problems with OC. My system and OC was perfect and working in 4.2ghz until update to 10.13.4. I copy your full efi folder (I just changed my mac pro 6 serial number). I do the following:
-Loaded optimized defaults and configure the bios with the guide OC settings
-Do all steps of E.6) Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) Configuration
  • SSDT, vectors, terminal commands are OK, even the info of AppleIntelInfo.kext (attached)
After this, my system can't get frequencies up to 3.7ghz, I don't know why...

Here you are all files, maybe you can help me.

Btw, I have a full backup of my 10.3.3 system and if I boot it, the oc is OK at 4.2... So weird!

Attachments

• oc files.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • Captura de pantalla 2018-05-06 a las 9.04.21.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-05-06 a las 9.04.21.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Captura de pantalla 2018-05-06 a las 9.19.55.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-05-06 a las 9.19.55.png
    124 KB · Views: 72
Hi @kgp !!
I have problems with OC. My system and OC was perfect and working in 4.2ghz until update to 10.13.4. I copy your full efi folder (I just changed my mac pro 6 serial number). I do the following:
-Loaded optimized defaults and configure the bios with the guide OC settings
-Do all steps of E.6) Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) Configuration
  • SSDT, vectors, terminal commands are OK, even the info of AppleIntelInfo.kext (attached)
After this, my system can't get frequencies up to 3.7ghz, I don't know why...

Here you are all files, maybe you can help me.

Btw, I have a full backup of my 10.3.3 system and if I boot it, the oc is OK at 4.2... So weird!

Nothing new.. well known Broadwell-E OC problem under 10.13.4. Solution:
None

Hey Kgp
Thanks for all your time and effort making this amazing guide!
AptioMemoryFix.efi worked nicely for me.. Not a single allocation error since I started using it.
The old one OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi caused endless problems with my baord MSI X99s Mpower
Now with your solution it is 100% stable.

Reactions: kgp
First of all, very nice Tutorial, you made me try it once more with High Sierra.
Unfortunatly i am currently encounter an Problem where clover doesnt show my usb stick, anyone got suggestions for that issue?

So booting in clover is not that problem, but in there, there is no macOS Installer drive, i can only choose windows.

Regards,
ReptoxX

Last edited:
First of all, very nice Tutorial, you made me try it once more with High Sierra.
Unfortunatly i am currently encounter an Problem where clover doesnt show my usb stick, anyone got suggestions for that issue?

So booting in clover is not that problem, but in there, there is no macOS Installer drive, i can only choose windows.

Regards,
ReptoxX
Same happened here.. It doesn't show the installer
What I did is that I used Unibeast like Tonymac's guide with default Bios settings. Just use KGP's aptiomemoryfix file in driver64efi folder and delete aptiomemoryfixdrv.efi
, then after I'm in High Sierra, I followed along with his guide. Most of his instructions worked for me and I got it fully working!
I have MSI X99s Mpower and Core i7 5820k ,so this should prabably work for you
If you want my efi folder I can upload it for you

Last edited:
Same happened here.. It doesn't show the installer
What I did is that I used Unibeast like Tonymac's guide with default Bios settings. Just use KGP's aptiomemoryfix file in driver64efi folder and delete aptiomemoryfixdrv.efi
, then after I'm in High Sierra, I followed along with his guide. Most of his instructions worked for me and I got it fully working!
I have MSI X99s Mpower and Core i7 5820k ,so this should prabably work for you
If you want my efi folder I can upload it for you
Thank you for this Information, i will try it later today and will Update how its going

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back