Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I test your SSDT check ioreg.
I will remove and try again.

Looks fine.. Just that you renamed XHC5 to XHC3.. But you have no TB or USB devices connected... right?

Looks fine.. Just that you renamed XHC5 to XHC3.. But you have no TB or USB devices connected... right?
I remove header and test not show TB3 card.
So I have to connect that my motherboard not support with out header.
Yes I rename XHC3.

Can your try please if my SSDT TB part also works for you?
I tested it and it works as I expected, because once i removed the DSB3 (that does not exist) is basically identical to mine SSDT :D
It only works if a device is connected and turned on before the boot, otherwise the PCI TB card is not seen by the system (the problem of TB cards connected to PCH lines).
I attach the two SSDTs with only the TB part, an original version and one for my Z370 system.

Extra:
Apple also uses this method under DSB2, but I do not know if it's really necessary in our case
Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                {
                    If (LNot (Arg2))
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x03                                          
                        })
                    }

Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        "PCIHotplugCapable",
                        Zero
                    })
                }

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-iMacPro-TB.aml
    3.3 KB · Views: 100
  • SSDT-Z370-TB.aml
    3.2 KB · Views: 105
I remove header and test not show TB3 card.
So I have to connect that my motherboard not support with out header.
Yes I rename XHC3.
As far as I know your CPU has 40 PCI lines, so it should work in theory!
What settings do you use in the bios? The TB card is visible inside the bios (with THB_C cable connected)?
Try disabling 4G Decoding (if it is present)

I tested it and it works as I expected, because once i removed the DSB3 (that does not exist) is basically identical to mine SSDT :D
It only works if a device is connected and turned on before the boot, otherwise the PCI TB card is not seen by the system (the problem of TB cards connected to PCH lines).
I attach the two SSDTs with only the TB part, an original version and one for my Z370 system.

Extra:
Apple also uses this method under DSB2, but I do not know if it's really necessary in our case
Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                {
                    If (LNot (Arg2))
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x03                                        
                        })
                    }

Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        "PCIHotplugCapable",
                        Zero
                    })
                }

Our 2 SSDTs are not completely identical though.

In any case, I did not change my SSDT for months.

I just replicated today my DSB1 part also to DSB3 and DSB4.

That's all. ;)

Anyway, good to know that it works now also with TB adaptors different from the TBEX 3. Although you still need to connect a TB device on startup to have hot plug due to PCH lanes..

Thanks for testing, man :thumbup:

What is the risk of bricking my X99-Deluxe-II motherboard in attempting to patch the BIOS as instructed? Has the patch been revised since, and will the version linked in the original post be compatible with the most recent version of the BIOS offered by ASUS?

What is the risk of bricking my X99-Deluxe-II motherboard in attempting to patch the BIOS as instructed? Has the patch been revised since, and will the version linked in the original post be compatible with the most recent version of the BIOS offered by ASUS?
You will be fine. Even if you mess up flashing the patched BIOS (which is unlikely), ASUS boards come with dual BIOS chips, so you will have backup options. Also ASUS boards' BIOS chips are replaceable, so if you badly mess up your flash you can buy a $5 replacement chip off eBay and just swap it out.

Also you can find the latest releases of the UEFI tool here (https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool/releases/), although the link in the OP should still work with ASUS' latest BIOS version.

Hi There @kgp
Thanks for such a thorough guide. I'm still new to hackintosh
I had everything initially working on this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sierra-10-13-clover-guide-100-working.240052/

But when I tried to patch my USB port limit ( I now know to follow Rehabmans guide on this) I lost my ethernet connection.
I tried fresh installs with new kexts ect but couldn't get it back.

I thought I would try your guide!
But I can't boot my USB installer. Any idea what I've done wrong here?

Cheers

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18 MB · Views: 68
  • 31674714_10157164542339918_689106813785735168_n.jpg
    31674714_10157164542339918_689106813785735168_n.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 76
@kgp are you able to advise how to keep the cpu on a locked multiplier at full throttle? I have already disabled EIST and C-states. In Windows, the system stays at my oc-ed 43 multiplier all the time (using a 5960X), but in macOS it still downclocks when idle. How do I force it to stay at just 1 state, that being full throttle all the time?

@kgp are you able to advise how to keep the cpu on a locked multiplier at full throttle? I have already disabled EIST and C-states. In Windows, the system stays at my oc-ed 43 multiplier all the time (using a 5960X), but in macOS it still downclocks when idle. How do I force it to stay at just 1 state, that being full throttle all the time?

I would have to think how to manage that under OSX, if possible at all. But even if there is a solution I would not publish it, as by this approach one easily can severely harm his system, if applied wrong. No idea, why you want to achieve the above. Makes absolutely no sense to me. You also might have realised already, that with 10.13.4, there is a problem with X99 or e.g. Broadwell-E, i.e. no OC.

If you are searching for a solution, downgrade to 10.13.3 for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back