Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to update to 10.13.4? I don't want to reinstall everything...

I'm hoping someone can point me to a possible solution. I'm struggling with the instal of the NVIDIA drivers. I'm running a GTX 1050 (which I understand works on the Pascal architecture) on the X99 A II motherboard. I'll outline what I've done - currently my system boots up to about 75% and then the screen goes black. I then hit reset, reboot, it hangs again, I hit reset, it reboots, and then it comes back to the default Apple drivers - when I go into the NVIDIA system preferences, the web drivers are turned off.

I've tried the following:
1) Doing a clean install, then installing the Web Drivers 387.10.10.10.30.103 - when I tried activating it, I'd get the black screen
2) I uninstalled the NVIDIA drivers, then followed the steps in the guide

a.) Copy NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.4 and Lilu.kext v1.2.2 to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ directory in the EFI-Partition of your System Disk.

b.) Install now the original Nvidia 10.13 Web Driver Package.

c.) Now reboot as requested by the Nvidia Web Driver Installer.​

Same issue - boots to about 75% and then hangs on black screen

3) I've tried changing Boot variables with Clover Configurator with various considerations:
- nvda_drv=1 on or off
- added nvidia under system parameters

but I always get the same results... any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

E.g. attached to my x299 guide..

there was an initialization error 70014-Fixed

I'd love to have my 4.3 overclock, but I'll setting in clover config CPU FrequencyMHz is 4200 If I enter over 4200 is not work DVD player.

FrequencyMHz 4200

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 6.29.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 6.29.31 PM.png
    704.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 63
@kgp
can you confirm that this issue is on your 6950X System too?
(OC not over 4GHz)

@kgp
can you confirm that this issue is on your 6950X System too?
(OC not over 4GHz)
yeah he already did he said he hasnt had time to look into it.

I am Sorry, did not want to Stress him.

I will wait until someone gets Info.

I give iMac pro smbios tonight a try at my machine...

yes I am Using dual Monitor.
Ok great. Did you do anything to get it to work? Are you using only hdmi / displayport or also VGA?

Is it possible to run dual GPU on x99. I cannot get a dual gpu setup running. I have a R290 and tried 7950, 8800GT Nvidia and 5770 ati.

@kgp

Ok, tried iMac Pro smbios, boots up if I delete entries for FakeCPUID and CPU Type in Clover.
But this does not the Trick, still not using OC Speed on CPU.

Back on SMBios MacPro6,1:
Geekbench went from 32.000+ to 27.000 Points, Cinebench R15 fron 2200-2300 down to 1500-1600 Points.

Noticed one Thing:
sometimes it goes up to Multi 40x sometimes not, even Terminal Command > /dev/null & (8 times ran in a row) did 100% utilization on CPU but does not get it into Turbo, it stay as stock Speed (in my Case 3.2GHz)

Very very strange behaviour, now will have a Test on Windows...verify that my OC is running there...I´ll report.

Regards.

there is any risks on this Mobo Patching? i will use dual boot with windows. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back