Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp Greetings, I previously wrote to you about having successfully followed your guide and getting a stable system. Today, I got my 960 Evo in the mail. I installed it, cloned it, etc and have everything up and running.

However, Sleep no longer works (therefore unable to test Wake). If I boot into my SSD (I've kept the installation intact), I can get it to sleep and wake as expected.

Do you happen to know if I need to redo any steps to get it working again? I confirmed that XNUPM is functioning correctly. Just sleep/wake won't work.

@kgp Greetings, I previously wrote to you about having successfully followed your guide and getting a stable system. Today, I got my 960 Evo in the mail. I installed it, cloned it, etc and have everything up and running.

However, Sleep no longer works (therefore unable to test Wake). If I boot into my SSD (I've kept the installation intact), I can get it to sleep and wake as expected.

Do you happen to know if I need to redo any steps to get it working again? I confirmed that XNUPM is functioning correctly. Just sleep/wake won't work.

Well I don't know.. with the SSDT attached to my guide, sleep/wake works on my system without any issues.

Well I don't know.. with the SSDT attached to my guide, sleep/wake works on my system without any issues.
Yes, I am using that. It works off my SSD and not off the NVMe drive which is odd. I'll inspect this further over the weekend and see if I can get some helpful information. Thank you for your time.

UPDATE:
@kgp Sorry to have bothered you with this. I jumped the gun and thought it was an issue with my setup. It was in-fact Time Machine running in the background backing up the newly cloned drive (+ macOS update) which I failed to notice. Everything is back to normal and sleep/wake works normally now. Once again, sorry to bother you with this. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
SOLVED: I would recommend to update the instructions to include the CLOVER installation instructions as outlined in another/similar thread under BOOTABLE USB DRIVE - step #4 and #5 (modified to HIGH SIERRA). Having gone back and applying those steps, then replacing the contents from EFI-X99-10.13.4-Release-020418 resulted in a perfectly bootable USB disk.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ill-tridentz-aorus-gtx-1080-ti-xtreme.211621/

-----------
Thank you for one of the finest implementation guides I've ever come across - thank you SO MUCH for your thoroughness and effort.

I feel completely like an idiot having seen so many successful implementations, yet, I'm literally stuck with a USB installation disk that's not showing the High Sierra bootable volume on the PC. I've previously had the same issue using the "Uniloader" approach before I found another guide and I was able to create a bootable disk that my PC recognized, but the boot failed immediately after showing the Apple logo.

Now, I've tried creating the disk twice, and ensured I got the actual apfs.efi copied over, I ensured all of the contents of the EFI-X99-10.13.4-Release-020418 are in the EFI partition. The High Sierra installation to the USB disk goes perfectly. I set all of the BIOS settings on the PC (X-99 AII, I7-6850K). Clover loads, but doesn't show the USB drive to boot High Sierra from. Not sure what I can try differently... I'm looking forward to your ideas - thanks so much in advance.

Last edited:
Has anyone got a working overclock on 10.13.4? I'm on a

i7-6850K
Asus X99-A

and even without any SSDT generated from ssdtPRGen, on 10.13.3 Intel Power Gadget shows correct behaviour. Cinebench multicore will turbo up to around 3.9 to 4.0 GHz on all cores.

But since the 10.13.4 update, i cannot seem to do anything to make the overclock work again. Won't even turbo up to anything over 3.6GHz.

First off thank you for this guide!
I want to buy you a beer!
I'll be attempting this with a first gen Asus x99 deluxe, 5930k, 64GB Cosair LPX 2666 and gigabyte gtx 1080.
Will report back with my results and thanks again!

Oh my goodness! What a hell of a Guide Mr. KGP!!!

Respect! This is awesome and helped ne out of a lot of Problems with my
Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming!

Works flawless and stable.

Youre german? Saw you posting on Hackintosh-Forum...?

Thank sou for this Guide.

6900k, 1080Ti

@ i need a 6950x cpu if someone has One..?

Oh my goodness! What a hell of a Guide Mr. KGP!!!

Respect! This is awesome and helped ne out of a lot of Problems with my
Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming!

Works flawless and stable.

Youre german? Saw you posting on Hackintosh-Forum...?

Thank sou for this Guide.

6900k, 1080Ti

@ i need a 6950x cpu if someone has One..?

I am Austrian. I abandoned the Hackintosh-Forum.de after severe issues with several quite prominent members. I do not further support or promote this dubious forum in any way.

Thanks for your positive response ... ;):thumbup:

@kgp one thing I need help with:

Did as you told with overclocking my 6900k in BIOS/UEFI I choose 42x for Multi and even Turbo.

Used the script *prgen.sh and told it to make a ssdt with -turbo 4200 and added freqvectors of iMac 17,1

Can you tell me what I did wrong so that it won't go over 40x???

Fully loaded does the CPU only 40x Multi...

I am Austrian. I abandoned the Hackintosh-Forum.de after severe issues with several quite prominent members. I do not further support or promote this dubious forum in any way.

Thanks for your positive response ... ;):thumbup:

Your article has solved many of my problems. Thank you.Please continue to help.

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back