Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I need to know: is Final Cut Pro X stable in this attempt? If anyone has 4k benchmarks for FCPX on this platform that would be fantastic, I am really tempted to try this again. :D

- Also; I have no clue whether there has been success on a EVGA micro2 or any EVGA mobos. I am perfectly willing to shell out for the ASUS board to get this working.

Buy a different graphics card ;):lol:...

Please provide your X99 system specs (mobo, cpu, gpu) in either your profile or signature.. Thanks!
ok I will do it
Meanwhile I fix it :) NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.1 is missing in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ directory of my system disk :p

ok I will do it
Meanwhile I fix it :) NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.1 is missing in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ directory of my system disk :p

You see :lol:.. You just replied that you face the same issue, without seeing that I already provided the answer.. ;)

Well done, man! Happy that you finally realised what was obviously missing ;)

Cheers, man and good night ;)

I used that one first and it failed with the same error.
I have identified the problem as a APFS corruption. Unfortunately Apple's fsck_apfs is unable to fix the corruption and looks like I need to format and reinstall macOS.

I can still boot in the OS, but for some reason, certain files and folders can no longer be deleted. Anyway you try it, the system will fail to delete them. Just a heads up for other users who may experience the same issue.

The only thing I need to know: is Final Cut Pro X stable in this attempt? If anyone has 4k benchmarks for FCPX on this platform that would be fantastic, I am really tempted to try this again. :D

- Also; I have no clue whether there has been success on a EVGA micro2 or any EVGA mobos. I am perfectly willing to shell out for the ASUS board to get this working.
I use FCPX 10.3.4 daily on macOS 10.13.2 (17C205). No problems here. I'll stay on these versions little while...
I Can run benchmarks... but which one? I've got GTX 980 Ti
5K BruceX_Test FCPX Benchmark 1:13

Last edited:

Hi, on Asus X99-A-II i7-6800K 1070Ti FCPX 10.4 Bruce test 1:07 on 10.13.3

Anyone patch bios Version 1801 for Asus X99-A-II ? I did the same as for 1701 but with no success ...
And ThunderboltEX 3 bios settings anyone? :)

10.13.3 (17D47) X99 Guide Update completed

New EFI-Folder attached to the originating post of this thread/guide and once more attached here below.

EFI-Folder related modifications:
  • Implementation of Clover Boot Loader Clover_v2.4k_r4392
  • Implementation of patched apsf.efi from 10.13.3 (17D47)
  • Implementation of last AptioMemoryFix.efi distribution
  • Modifications in config.plist for hiding OSX Preboot, Recovery and unwanted Windows partitions in Clover Boot Menu
Guide related modifications:
  • Update of Abstract and Table fo Contents
  • Update of Error Prevention C.1) and C.7)
  • Update of entire Section D.2) - MacPro macOS 10.13 High Sierra System Setup
  • Update of Section E.1) - Graphics Configuration
  • Implementation of Lilu.kext v1.2.2
Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

View attachment 309331

I'm very thankful that you are still keeping X99 mobo on the latest OSX update. Thanks, professor.

Reactions: kgp
I cant boot the installer. Prepared my drive and my stick properly. I have a problem with graphics and can't figure it out. I have a i7 6850k and a gtx 770. I get stuck on ioconsoleusers during boot of the installer. Searched around the forum but nothing I found seems to work. Anyone here had the same problem?

Hi
After updating to 10.13.3 and installing the Webdrivers, when booting the screen goes black when the webdrivers become acitive.... I never had this problem with any previous update so far.... when disabling the webdrivers again, screen appears.

I do not really know how to start troubleshooting this. Basically my monitor receives a black screen.... a signal is coming but black screen....I tried the Lilu.kext with Nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext... but still black screen.
I also tried AGPFix but also no solution.

Could this be CSM related? I really do not know where to start investigating.

Thanks, Mike

I have exactly the same issue.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back