Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you share your kext and config.plist?
What is most important is to boot very clean without all the tweaking stuff (so only needed kext and no ssdt or dsdt files)
@ajschot Hi sorry for replying so late; I've been on a trip for work. I also saw kgp updated the EFI in the OP, so now I'm using the updated EFI template to boot. I also wiped my boot USB installer and reran the Mac App Store High Sierra installer terminal command to update to 10.13.3. Now I'm getting "some slide values are not availible for usage" at boot start as seen in post #1284, and I'm still getting the stuck at the same "exited with abnormal code 1" error at the end. I tried fixing the "slide values" error by adding OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 to my drivers64UEFI folder, but it didn't help. Here's a video of my verbose boot: video (sorry for the potato cam quality. My camera doesn't seem to be able to focus on glowing white text. I can try to refilm if necessary). Attached is the EFI I am using to boot. I also tried booting from the EFI in post #1310, since we have very similar system specs, but to no avail. I feel like this might be a hardware/BIOS issue on my end. Any idea what BIOS settings might cause this? Thanks for your help so far!

System specs:
--5960X
--Rampage V Extreme
--GT710
--64GB Ram

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Thanks for the nice guide. I am almost a beginner for the hackitosh. I installed 10.10 in this machine (with ASUS X99 deluxe mob) but now I want to upgrade to 10.13. I will follow your guide step by step. One basic question before I start.

You mentioned about patching the bios in the very beginning. Will other installed systems like windows or linux crashed due to the patching?

Thank you very much.

Thanks for the nice guide. I am almost a beginner for the hackitosh. I installed 10.10 in this machine (with ASUS X99 deluxe mob) but now I want to upgrade to 10.13. I will follow your guide step by step. One basic question before I start.

You mentioned about patching the bios in the very beginning. Will other installed systems like windows or linux crashed due to the patching?

Thank you very much.
Nope, you should be good. I did the BIOS UEFI patch, and I'm still able to boot Windows 10 completely fine.

Sure....here's the 10GB thread (focused only 10GB Ethernet on High Sierra): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-native-support-for-10gb-ethernet.239690/

Just an update: it appears that once your 10GBE card begins to work on your Hackintosh, that occurs only after Apple does something to the card, and the native Windows drivers stop working until you install the Apple Boot Camp Windows drivers for the card. So, I've attached the Boot Camp Windows drivers.

It's a pretty easy install in Windows. But you need these drivers after the card starts to work in the Mac side. If you only use the Mac side, and you never boot into Windows, you would never know (or even care) what Apple does to the card.

Attachments

• Windows10_imacPro1.1_Aquantia64v2.0.015.0.zip
    806.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Just an update: it appears that once your 10GBE card begins to work on your Hackintosh, that occurs only aft erApple does something to the card, and the native Windows drivers stop working until you install the Boot Camp Windows drivers for the card. So, I've attached the Boot Camp Windows drivers.

It's a pretty easy install in Windows. But you need these drivers after the card starts to work in the Mac side. If you only use the Mac side, and you never boot into Windows, you would never know (or even care) what Apple does to the card.

Please refer to this post also in the X299 guide.. Thanks, kgp :thumbup:

Please refer to this post also in the X299 guide.. Thanks, kgp :thumbup:

Done! (Just a little annoyed that Apple actually does something to the card.....)

Reactions: kgp
Do you use Nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext v1.2.2 and Lilu.kext v1.2.2 as nvidia black screen prevention?

Seems that you use some quite outdated GPU, don't you?
Hi, I have the same problem but after a 10.13.3 clean install on a X99AII with a 1070Ti ...
Any clue how to solve this?
Thanks

Hi, I have the same problem but after a 10.13.3 clean install on a X99AII with a 1070Ti ...
Any clue how to solve this?
Thanks

Buy a different graphics card ;):lol:...

Please provide your X99 system specs (mobo, cpu, gpu) in either your profile or signature.. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back