Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi First thanks to kgp for this very detail guide!! I am trying to Install High Sierra but I can't!!! It always stops at the 11 minute of the second install boot sequence!! The first boot the one with only 5 or 4 minutes if fine is that Second boot the one that starts at 18 min that always gave the error screen that "macOS could not be installed on your computer" and always it is at the 11 min mark!!

My System:
Motherboard: Asus X99-A II
CPU: I7-5960X(8-core)
RAM: 32GBKIT (4x8GB)
System Disk: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB (SSD)
Graphics: GTX 980 Ti

Did all the BIOS changes in the Sierra guide
I copied the EFI file from the post and Modified it to the Haswell E 5960X and copied on the EFI partition on USB and the Evo SSD
also the MB is not flash so I follow the instructions on the Sierra guide to enable the KernelPm entry and enable the xcpm_idl_wrmsr KernelToPatch entry in the "Kernel and Kext Patches"
I have the correct VoodooTSCSync.kext with the right IOCPUNumber that it is 15 in the kexts folder

The system boot fine from the USB and the installation runs fine until the 11 minute!! I have tried various combinations of the xcpm_cpuid_set_info © Pike R. Alpha enable and disable with no Luck!!
then when I boot the system again I have 2 new partitions a Install Preboot and a Recovery

I don't know what more to DO?? Please help me!! I am uploading my EFI folder SO anyone can have a look!!

Also I have a question if I can just Install High Sierra on my Mac Pro and the install the EFI folder on the SSD and Put it the Hackintosh? Can this be Done?

Hope anyone can help me!! If not I will tried to install Sierra to see if that works!!! Thanks!!
IMG_4703.jpg IMG_4702.jpg IMG_4701.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.4 MB · Views: 90
Hi First thanks to kgp for this very detail guide!! I am trying to Install High Sierra but I can't!!! It always stops at the 11 minute of the second install boot sequence!! The first boot the one with only 5 or 4 minutes if fine is that Second boot the one that starts at 18 min that always gave the error screen that "macOS could not be installed on your computer" and always it is at the 11 min mark!!

My System:
Motherboard: Asus X99-A II
CPU: I7-5960X(8-core)
RAM: 32GBKIT (4x8GB)
System Disk: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB (SSD)
Graphics: GTX 980 Ti

Did all the BIOS changes in the Sierra guide
I copied the EFI file from the post and Modified it to the Haswell E 5960X and copied on the EFI partition on USB and the Evo SSD
also the MB is not flash so I follow the instructions on the Sierra guide to enable the KernelPm entry and enable the xcpm_idl_wrmsr KernelToPatch entry in the "Kernel and Kext Patches"
I have the correct VoodooTSCSync.kext with the right IOCPUNumber that it is 15 in the kexts folder

The system boot fine from the USB and the installation runs fine until the 11 minute!! I have tried various combinations of the xcpm_cpuid_set_info © Pike R. Alpha enable and disable with no Luck!!
then when I boot the system again I have 2 new partitions a Install Preboot and a Recovery

I don't know what more to DO?? Please help me!! I am uploading my EFI folder SO anyone can have a look!!

Also I have a question if I can just Install High Sierra on my Mac Pro and the install the EFI folder on the SSD and Put it the Hackintosh? Can this be Done?

Hope anyone can help me!! If not I will tried to install Sierra to see if that works!!! Thanks!!
View attachment 305053 View attachment 305054 View attachment 305055

That's totally weird.. Never seen this issue.. The installer normally goes until 17 minutes. The, the system usually reboots a last time..

@kgp
Currently I have El Capitan booting of an External WD HDD, and I'm trying to fresh install High Sierra on a Samsung T3 external SSD. I followed the guide in the OP, but I can't seem to boot into the High Sierra installer. I'm attaching screenshots in the order that they occurred (left to right) (sorry for the blurry pics, text was scrolling fast lol). My computer gets stuck on the third screenshot and can't seem to break through, even after leaving it running for around 30 minutes. Thanks in advance for your help!

System Specs:

--5960X
--ASUS Rampage V Extreme
--Nvidia GT710
--64GB Ram

Attachments

• Boot (1).jpg
    Boot (1).jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 98
  • Boot (2).jpg
    Boot (2).jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 125
  • Boot (3).jpg
    Boot (3).jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 99
@kgp
Currently I have El Capitan booting of an External WD HDD, and I'm trying to fresh install High Sierra on a Samsung T3 external SSD. I followed the guide in the OP, but I can't seem to boot into the High Sierra installer. I'm attaching screenshots in the order that they occurred (left to right) (sorry for the blurry pics, text was scrolling fast lol). My computer gets stuck on the third screenshot and can't seem to break through, even after leaving it running for around 30 minutes. Thanks in advance for your help!

System Specs:

--5960X
--ASUS Rampage V Extreme
--Nvidia GT710
--64GB Ram

Your screen shots say nothing to me sorry..

Good catch! You're right, for some reason I forgot the nv_disable=1 argument on that boot; that was rather stupid on my part. However, I'm still unable to boot into the High Sierra installer. I'm attaching screenshots in the order that they occurred (left to right) (sorry for the blurry pics, text was scrolling fast lol). My computer gets stuck on the third screenshot and can't seem to break through, even after leaving it running for around 30 minutes. Thanks for your help!
can you share your kext and config.plist?
What is most important is to boot very clean without all the tweaking stuff (so only needed kext and no ssdt or dsdt files)

Guys I need help just updated my video card from nvidia gt710 to an amd sapphire 560 rx 2gb to use a 4k display.
I have the latest lilu 1.2.1 and whatevergreen kext 1.1.4 on 10.13.2 but the card isn't recognized shows up only 7 mb ram.
I thought it will work oob without any messing around, I'll upload my efi folder maybe someone can spot something
try this config.plist

I added your device ID: 0x67FF1002

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.6 KB · Views: 238
Hi there,

first of all: thank you for your time and hard work to post such great Guides.
I'm unfortunately a complete noob to hackintosh and wanted to run high sierra on my pc. I've tried to follow your guide as exactly as I could.
Unfortunately it always stops at the beginning of the installation (Screenshot1). I've also encluded my EFI-Folder and a screenshot of my hardware.

Please let me know, what else I can do to get past this stage...

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 195
  • systemstats.png
    systemstats.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 149
Hello there,
Such a lovely guide, I have successfully completed all steps. Working perfect so far.

I have just a small issue, after start, reboot etc, my computer directly goes to login screen. No clover boot loader even if I hit arrow keys etc to enter clover boot screen. I see my bios logo then I am getting no signal till login screen.

How can I fix this? I am adding my CLOVER folder.
My specs are:

Inte i7- 5960x
Asus X99-E WS
2 x MSI 1080 Gaming X+
64 GB DDR4
SSDs, HDDs etc.

Thanks in advance, I will really appreciate if someone help, because I couldn't fix this.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 79
Try to increase the number of timeout seconds in your config.plist go to Boot in the right you ll find timeout (1) in your list, make it 5-10 whatever seconds you want it

Unfortunately this is not related with timeout. I know in my config it is 0 seconds. I already tried to change it to 5-6 seconds without luck. I am getting No signal warning from my monitor while in clover boot screen. When OS started, i am getting signal back.

By the way if i unplug my second GPU's power, still plugged without power, i can see clover boot.

Thanks but it s not working :)
Ok i will look into it because this must work... also try to delete the 10.13 folder on your efi drive or copy all kext to 10.13 because clover will read this someday ;-)

Oh... did you try out boot with nv_disable=1? I always boot with this with my rx580.
All working only not your graphics right?

EDIT:
Did you have CSM disabled in your Bios?
I remember i had problems on my Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming i only can't remember what did not work as it should be.... i can't see for now what went wrong or something in one of your ssdt is not right, something with your pcie. (i have no knows from ssdt i only use them for my cpu also never use DSDT patches)
Did you already tried an other pcie slot?
Or try FakeID from rx480/580: 0x67EF1002

Did you delete your nVidia webdrivers?

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.8 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back