Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey KGP, currently I have El Capitan booting of an External WD HDD, and I'm trying to fresh install High Sierra on a Samsung T3 external SSD. I followed the guide in the OP, but I can't seem to boot into the High Sierra installer. I took a screenshot (attached) of my Verbose boot right before it crashed and my computer restarted. Thanks in advance for your help!

System Specs:

--5960X
--ASUS Rampage V Extreme
--Nvidia GT710
--64GB Ram

Attachments

• Boot Crash.jpg
    Boot Crash.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 122
Hey KGP, currently I have El Capitan booting of an External WD HDD, and I'm trying to fresh install High Sierra on a Samsung T3 external SSD. I followed the guide in the OP, but I can't seem to boot into the High Sierra installer. I took a screenshot (attached) of my Verbose boot right before it crashed and my computer restarted. Thanks in advance for your help!

System Specs:

--5960X
--ASUS Rampage V Extreme
--Nvidia GT710
--64GB Ram
Wat are your bootflags? This seems like a graphic error.
Always with nVidia boot with nv_disable=1 and uncheck nVidia Webdrivers.

After installation of the webdriver you can set it to nvda_drv=1 and webdrivers checked.

@kgp, I am trying to make Hardware-acceleration work here according here
https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki
Has anyone success in making hardware-acceleration work with Haswell-E CPU with Maxwell card ?
I don't know but on my secondary system i have a GTX970 and it is working with acceleration with nVidia Webdrivers so i don't know your problem... Be sure you installed Lilu.kext (latest version) this seems to be for iGPU

Some clarification has to be made-What I mean by Hardware Acceleration is Video Decoder Acceleration. Tell me your specs on which VDA is working for you.

ASUS x99a usb3.1 rx580 installation success
But it is impossible to identify nvme sm961
Unable to boot from WD 3TB
Black screen

Your error messages do not say anything to me.. don't know what you are doing to obtain to such results..

Just find out that need to disable these 2 entries, and I can upgrade to 10.13.2 from 10.12.6 without problem... imessage/Facetime/Apple Watch unlock/USB, all are working. @kgp thanks for your guide

upload_2018-1-9_1-7-22.png

Now, 10.13.2 cannot see my Plextor M8Pe 512G M2, any suggestion how to configure it?

Good catch! You're right, for some reason I forgot the nv_disable=1 argument on that boot; that was rather stupid on my part. However, I'm still unable to boot into the High Sierra installer. I'm attaching screenshots in the order that they occurred (left to right) (sorry for the blurry pics, text was scrolling fast lol). My computer gets stuck on the third screenshot and can't seem to break through, even after leaving it running for around 30 minutes. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Boot (1).jpg
    Boot (1).jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 224
  • Boot (2).jpg
    Boot (2).jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 197
  • Boot (3).jpg
    Boot (3).jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 199
Last edited:
@kgp Finally, I can bring up the Plextor M2 SSD and I can also boot up the High Sierra from this M2.
However, I have one minor issue of Clover bootmanger, it seem it cannot show the correct disk image icon for the M2 correctly. Do you have any idea on it?

IMG_8737.JPG

@kgp Finally, I can bring up the Plextor M2 SSD and I can also boot up the High Sierra from this M2.
However, I have one minor issue of Clover bootmanger, it seem it cannot show the correct disk image icon for the M2 correctly. Do you have any idea on it?

View attachment 305000

Just Change to a different Clover Boot Loader Theme! You are already the 5th person with the same question about this totally negligible and pure cosmetic issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back