Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't get to the installing screen.
It prompts the following:
Code:
NVDAStartup: Official
NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered
and then stops with this message:
Code:
Unsupported CPU for reporter

any ideas? highly appreciated guys.
Rvue1

Oh wow. I patched the BIOS and finally I get further than anytime before. Now "only" the display gets black ;-)
Any ideas for that? I'm using an Asus GTX760.

Thanks

Thanks i could use a lot of your guide for my system only ist is not making it any faster or more stable...(maybe worse...) too bad i hoped this all was a solution for my modded Xeon E5-2696v3 to get all core's in turbo working on macOS too (like it is now on windows but geekbench keeps on giving me a low multiscore of 30.000 :( with a processor that is capable of at least 3,5Ghz on ALL 18 cores with the modded bios... i have to search further on to get it to work.
anyway it works in most ways also on ASUS ROG Strix X99 Gaming but only audio not, but i don't mind looking into it, just use my old trusty Voodoo 2.8 something driver and it works like a charm ;-)

Thanks.

I was able to fix the problem with the black screen (LINK) and start the installation process.

After the first reboot within the Install-Process the system crashes and restarts.
Following the instructions the error happens @D.1) 11)
But the error 2 & 3 to which kgp is referring to should not be a problem.

When I start again, the problem is gone and the install process continues. But it goes pretty fast and after the next reboot I have these boot options, which is weird.

Any ideas much appreciated.
Thanks!

EDIT: I started the system via the EFI Partition of the System Drive and it works?!? The whole installation process took around 15min. In the guide there is something stated like 45min?!?

Last edited:
Hey do you already have it done? I would like to have your ssdt file because i have the same board.... if you would like to share... i am not that good i know how to implement my cpu things but the rest is really above my capabilities
no, my friend, I haven't done this yet.

I have the same it is a MSI problem so now and then it does not boot.
Try to change your bootflag npci=0x2000 into npci=0x3000 (just in your bootscreen - options)
It won't boot or maybe it does...., but if you restart use npci=0x2000 and it will boot.
There is a efi change from Nick Woodhams https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/ but i don't have better results my 2nd machine MSI X99A Raider
I tried it but i can't boot in installer. My system just stucks on ++++++++. I know the Nick Woodhams efi changes, I tried all of them, but still stuck.

@kgp I follow your 10.13 guide to upgrade my 10.12.6 Asus X99.
However, when I boot from the USB drive, it provide the below error, do you have any hints to troubleshoot for it.
P.S.: I had also used yr 10.12 Asus X99 guide to build my system before
B83E3B7B-E00F-4906-9B41-E3A995542A4B.jpeg

@kgp I follow your 10.13 guide to upgrade my 10.12.6 Asus X99.
However, when I boot from the USB drive, it provide the below error, do you have any hints to troubleshoot for it.
P.S.: I had also used yr 10.12 Asus X99 guide to build my system before
View attachment 304358

Your error messages do not say anything to me.. don't know what you are doing to obtain to such results..

Your error messages do not say anything to me.. don't know what you are doing to obtain to such results..
Do you have any points that I need to aware to build up the USB boot drive? The error is come from the 1st boot up from my USB boot drive

Do you have any points that I need to aware to build up the USB boot drive? The error is come from the 1st boot up from my USB boot drive

Anything important is mentioned in my guide..

@kgp maybe you can help me with my troubles... I follow your guide with my system (msi x99a sli plus krait edition and 6900k) but I can't get 10.13... I could install 10.12.6. I only can boot the installer with Kernel CPU activated in Clover, but when I install 10.13.2 (fresh install) in my HDD, when it reboots to continue installation, I get few errors. I opened a thread about it with all info, screenshots, folders, and so on. Maybe you can help me :( I think there is something wrong with my broadwell-e patches.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-x99-sli-plus-k-e-6900k.242304/#post-1664420

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back