Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure thing, I'll take some pictures later.

Okay here's my bios setup and the EFI folder. Let me know if I made a mistake, I'm curious what I'm doing wrong to get this to work.
here is my EFI folder I have done copy paste at desktop from usb efi . also there you can see and my config.plist please let me know if you see something wrong or something kext file missing ,
Ty

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 114
here is my EFI folder I have done copy paste at desktop from usb efi . also there you can see and my config.plist please let me know if you see something wrong or something kext file missing ,
Ty

My friend, you have several severe issues in your EFi-Folder.

1.) In /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ you have miss CsmVideoDxe-64.efi

2.) /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
a.) What for you need AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext and RealtekRTL8111.kext?
b.) You use USBInjectAll.kext instead of X99_Injector USB 3.kext.
c.) You don't use CodecCommander.kext.
d.) But most important at all, you don't use any adequate VoodooTSCSync.kext. Without this kext your system
will never boot properly!
3.) You use a config.plist, totally different from the one contained in my EFI-Folder, distributed in the originating post of this
thread. A lot of important things are missing or at odd. I don't have the time to comment all errors in detail! Just let me summarise the most important mistakes: No DSDT Replacement patches, no Drop Tables, no KernelToPatch entries, no FakeCPUID, etc. !!!!
One error after the other! No surprise that nothing works as it should!

Is it really so difficult to download the EFI-Folder attached to the originating post of this thread and to complete the latter by following my more than detailed guidelines?

As long you reject to commit this unavoidable effort, please don't ask me for further help which just takes my time.

Good luck and best regards,

KGP

My friend, you have several severe issues in your EFi-Folder.

1.) In /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ you have miss CsmVideoDxe-64.efi

2.) /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
a.) What for you need AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext and RealtekRTL8111.kext?
b.) You use USBInjectAll.kext instead of X99_Injector USB 3.kext.
c.) You don't use CodecCommander.kext.
d.) But most important at all, you don't use any adequate VoodooTSCSync.kext. Without this kext your system
will never boot properly!
3.) You use a config.plist, totally different from the one contained in my EFI-Folder, distributed in the originating post of this
thread. A lot of important things are missing or at odd. I don't have the time to comment all errors in detail! Just let me summarise the most important mistakes: No DSDT Replacement patches, no Drop Tables, no KernelToPatch entries, no FakeCPUID, etc. !!!!
One error after the other! No surprise that nothing works as it should!

Is it really so difficult to download the EFI-Folder attached to the originating post of this thread and to complete the latter by following my more than detailed guidelines?

As long you reject to commit this unavoidable effort, please don't ask me for further help which just takes my time.

Good luck and best regards,

KGP
Ok thank you for all info , can you give me a link where i can download your EFI folder and i will set step by step like your EFI folder . im sorry for annoyed but i have noone else to ask for help .

Ok thank you for all info , can you give me a link where i can download your EFI folder and i will set step by step like your EFI folder . im sorry for annoyed but i have noone else to ask for help .

Just go to the originatimg post of this thread

Just go to the originatimg post of this thread
thanks again for quick reply , im going from begin create USB stick and i follow all step one one ,
Best Regards

Reactions: kgp
1.) you miss the adopted VoodooTSCSync.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
2.) You can use DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext instead of X99_Injector USB 3.kext
3.) you did not configure XCPM and do not have any ssdt.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
4.) You miss the SSDT-XOSI.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
5.) You should verify and enable all DSDT Replacement patches in Section "ACPI" of Clover Configurator
6.) You have to uncheck everything under "USB" (i.e., "Inject", "Add ClockID", "FixOwnership", "HighCurrent") in Section
"Devices" of Clover Configurator​
7.) You have to uncheck "Reset" under "Audio" in Section "Devices" of Clover Configurator
8.) You should uncheck "KernelPM" in Section "Kernel and Kext Patches" of Clover Configurator

And in general you should better read and follow my guidelines in the originating post go this thread!

Cheers and good luck,

KGP

Okay, my bad the other day on steps 1, 5, 6, 7, 8. I had them enabled/checked, when I was trying to see if it would make a difference. Here's my status below so far.

fixed -- 1.) you miss the adopted VoodooTSCSync.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

Tried both, not working -- 2.) You can use DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext instead of X99_Injector USB 3.kext

Kext Stalling, but think because I haven't configured yet. 3.) you did not configure XCPM and do not have any ssdt.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

added, but causing to hang on boot, so I removed it -- 4.) You miss the SSDT-XOSI.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

enabled all -- 5.) You should verify and enable all DSDT Replacement patches in Section "ACPI" of Clover Configurator

unchecked, not working -- 6.) You have to uncheck everything under "USB" (i.e., "Inject", "Add ClockID", "FixOwnership", "HighCurrent") in Section
"Devices" of Clover Configurator
unchecked, not working -- 7.) You have to uncheck "Reset" under "Audio" in Section "Devices" of Clover Configurator

unchecked -- 8.) You should uncheck "KernelPM" in Section "Kernel and Kext Patches" of Clover Configurator

Step 3 or 4 isn't crucial to the audio and usb is it?

Okay, my bad the other day on steps 1, 5, 6, 7, 8. I had them enabled/checked, when I was trying to see if it would make a difference. Here's my status below so far.

fixed -- 1.) you miss the adopted VoodooTSCSync.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

Tried both, not working -- 2.) You can use DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext instead of X99_Injector USB 3.kext

Kext Stalling, but think because I haven't configured yet. 3.) you did not configure XCPM and do not have any ssdt.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

added, but causing to hang on boot, so I removed it -- 4.) You miss the SSDT-XOSI.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

enabled all -- 5.) You should verify and enable all DSDT Replacement patches in Section "ACPI" of Clover Configurator

unchecked, not working -- 6.) You have to uncheck everything under "USB" (i.e., "Inject", "Add ClockID", "FixOwnership", "HighCurrent") in Section
unchecked, not working -- 7.) You have to uncheck "Reset" under "Audio" in Section "Devices" of Clover Configurator

unchecked -- 8.) You should uncheck "KernelPM" in Section "Kernel and Kext Patches" of Clover Configurator

USB: 2.) is not related with 3.) but with 4.), 5.) and 6.)

Audio:
Only 5.) und 7.) are Audio related

Boot:
1.) and 8.) are important to successfully boot your system. Also FakeCPUID and the KernelToPatch entries are crucial for a
successful boot.​

CPU Power Management:
3.) is absolutely mandatory to run XCPM. FakeCPUID and KernelToPatch entries are required in addition.

Don't tell me that my instructions and recommendations in post #1168 do not work! They do!

If you are still not able to boot and successfully run USB or Audio, the error is at your side. Please read again my guide lines in the originating post of this thread/guide and also recheck your BIOS settings!

You have to set things properly by yourself. I cannot do it for you. Everything is described in it's outermost detail in my guide. If you are not able to follow my instructions, I cannot help you further.

Good luck.

KGP

Nö.
Not true in my case. Quite the opposite: pmdrv.kext reduces CL and Metal performance

View attachment 297355
(Geekbench 4.2)

Also in work no loss in performance. I was only astonished that I can use EIST without any kext or other setting. I could never before boot with EIST enabled.
Can you give me you efi folder ? I have best performance with PMDrv but i have also random reboot.

Can you give me you efi folder ? I have best performance with PMDrv but i have also random reboot.

Well.. find attached below my actual system disk EFI-Folder...

Warning! It won't work by just copy & paste on your system! Reading and applying my guide and respective guide lines is unavoidable also in this case! Nobody else will do it for you!

Attachments

• EFI-X99-10.13.2-System-121217.zip
    22.9 MB · Views: 102

Hi finaly I got some time to try made a USB boot stick , I have here my EFI folder , some files kext I can't found and I copy paste from your EFI folder for x99 , but as about ACPI patched I can't found and I didn't understand what exactly I should do , please check my EFI folder now and let me know what miss , thank you for your time

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back