Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey kgp,

I just wanted to say thanks for this great guide. It took me a lot of time to get everything working. This was because I had another motherboard at first ( MSI X99A Sli Plus ) and the installer was hanging at the very beginning (+++++++++).

In the end I was fed up with all the different kexts and configurations I tried and I purchased your motherboard. When I installed it, it was also hanging at ++++++++ so I thought I had done something really stupid. In the end I found out that I did not try the patch in order to prevent kernel panic. This worked and I got High Sierra up and running now. Maybe you could mention the bios patching part in the clean install guide and other guides. So everyone with a MSI x99a: You could try to find out if the kernel panic prevention patch also works for you. Probably not, but it is worth trying right? It is mentioned in part B.1 of the guide. Maybe you need another patch for your mobo though.

Anyways, thanks again for this guide!

Reactions: kgp
Which XHC USB Kext are you using? The one of @DSM2? Any additional USB ACPI patches?

Did you download Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext v.1.2.1? Did you enable the ALZA ->HDEF ACPI patch? Finally did you inject Audio ID 1?

I don't know what somebody could do wrong along this more than trivial steps.....

Both USB3.0 and analogue AppleALC audio MUST work as described, especially with YOUR hardware configuration!

Hey for first thank you for your posts
I have a question may you can help me , i have mainboard gigabyte x99p sli ,
Evo 960 m2 pro 1tb
2400 64GB corsair vengeance
1080ti evga sc

I try a long time to install sierra but i cant , i have read many Forums many tutorials but its not working i have create several times usb stick but again when i start to install ist not working and freeze at
Using reloc block no , hibarnate wake no

As i understand it issues with my cpu ,If you have any idea what going wrong please help me
Thank you

You are not at all a pain. I just wonder what you are doing wrong at this place, thus neither USB nor Audio properly work at present. Can you upload your EFI-Folder and a summary of your USB and Audio BIOS settings?
Sure thing, I'll take some pictures later.

Okay here's my bios setup and the EFI folder. Let me know if I made a mistake, I'm curious what I'm doing wrong to get this to work.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    36.8 MB · Views: 194
  • IMG_2540.jpg
    IMG_2540.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2541.jpg
    IMG_2541.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 187
Last edited:
I've literality almost have a perfect working hack, I've already have EIST, audio, wifi, BT, gnu, done piker alpha ssdtprgen and appleintelinfo kext build, etc.

The only problem I face (even on a perfect 10.12.6 install) is the really slow performance of my 960 EVO, which is the main boot drive. I currently have a Asrock x99e-itx and a 6800K and getting 4300 and 21700 Geekbench scores...

Any ideas of what might I been doing wrong? I get the same performance using the patch-name from rehabman on 10.12.6 than without any patches on 10.13.2 (which is vanilla supported)

Many thanks...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 1.47.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 1.47.50 AM.png
    678.7 KB · Views: 141
Sure thing, I'll take some pictures later.

Okay here's my bios setup and the EFI folder. Let me know if I made a mistake, I'm curious what I'm doing wrong to get this to work.

1.) you miss the adopted VoodooTSCSync.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
2.) You can use DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext instead of X99_Injector USB 3.kext
3.) you did not configure XCPM and do not have any ssdt.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
4.) You miss the SSDT-XOSI.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
5.) You should verify and enable all DSDT Replacement patches in Section "ACPI" of Clover Configurator
6.) You have to uncheck everything under "USB" (i.e., "Inject", "Add ClockID", "FixOwnership", "HighCurrent") in Section
"Devices" of Clover Configurator​
7.) You have to uncheck "Reset" under "Audio" in Section "Devices" of Clover Configurator
8.) You should uncheck "KernelPM" in Section "Kernel and Kext Patches" of Clover Configurator

And in general you should better read and follow my guidelines in the originating post go this thread!

Cheers and good luck,

KGP

I've literality almost have a perfect working hack, I've already have EIST, audio, wifi, BT, gnu, done piker alpha ssdtprgen and appleintelinfo kext build, etc.

The only problem I face (even on a perfect 10.12.6 install) is the really slow performance of my 960 EVO, which is the main boot drive. I currently have a Asrock x99e-itx and a 6800K and getting 4300 and 21700 Geekbench scores...

Any ideas of what might I been doing wrong? I get the same performance using the patch-name from rehabman on 10.12.6 than without any patches on 10.13.2 (which is vanilla supported)

Many thanks...

No, no idea...

a.) Remove all NVMe related patches from your config.plist
b.) If this does not help, upload your EFI-Folder

Hi apcontre,
how old is the NVmE? Was it ever used in a diffrent system/os?
Maybe a manual trim operation can help.
Dowload the test version of Disk Sensei and sekect your drive. Search for manual trim operation and start it. This will take up to an hour.

Cheers
SmariMo

PS: I solved my own problem: I injected the PciID of my graphics card directly in clover. Everything fine.

No, no idea...

a.) Remove all NVMe related patches from your config.plist
b.) If this does not help, upload your EFI-Folder

I dont have any nvme related patches except the external icon (which doesnt work in 10.13.2), also i have the trim enabler patch disabled because of performance problems stated by rehabman.

However, i think the culprit was the bios setting. The pcie speed was set to gen2, i switched it to gen3 and now i'm getting 1550mb/2500mb write read speeds. Is this normal? Will it make the gpu work slower?

Thanks!!!!

I dont have any nvme related patches except the external icon (which doesnt work in 10.13.2), also i have the trim enabler patch disabled because of performance problems stated by rehabman.

However, i think the culprit was the bios setting. The pcie speed was set to gen2, i switched it to gen3 and now i'm getting 1550mb/2500mb write read speeds. Is this normal? Will it make the gpu work slower?

Thanks!!!!

Why don't you leave PCIe speed on "AUTO"?

Update of EFI-Folder in originating post/guide

EFI-Folder related changes:
  • Implementation of Clover Boot Loader Clover_v2.4k_r4334

Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

kgp.png

Attachments

• EFI-X99-10.13.2-Release-121217.zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back