Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Notification for @ALL :thumbup:
Full PCI Controller Implementation established for the ASUS X99-A II :headbang:

Based on already existing X99 and X299 PCI Controller Implementations formerly developed by @nmano, @TheOfficialGypsy and @shilohh, I finally achieved now also a complete PCI Controller implementation for the ASUS X99-A II and my particular system configuration.

At first place, the approach bases on an ACPI DSDT Replacement Patch Table Implementation in the config.plist of the distributed EFI-Folder. Note that by means of this ACPI Table detailed below, one already achieves full sleep/wake functionality with the ASUS X99-A II, bit very likely also with any other X99 mainboard different from the ASUS X99-A II.

Code:
Comment:              Find*[Hex]      Replace [Hex]
ALZA -> HDEF          414c5a41        48444546
OSI -> XOSI           5f4f5349        584f5349
EC0_ -> EC__          4543305f        45435f5f
HECI -> IMEI          48454331        494d4549
LPC0 -> LPCB          4c504330        4c504342
FPU_ -> MATH          4650555f        4d415448
TMR_ -> TIMR          544d525f        54494d52
PIC_ -> IPIC          5049435f        49504943
_DSM -> XDSM          5f44534d        5844534d

For details and explanations see Section E.9.3) of the the originating post/guide.

At second place, the successful PCI Controller Implementation has been achieved by means of a newly developed SSDT-ASUS-X99-A-II.aml, which further bases on the the following constraints and assumptions.

1.) Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Extreme Edition in PCIe Slot 0. Note that I just use one LG 38UC99-W
monitor, connected via Display Port (DP). Further note that HDMI/DP audio just works when connecting the monitor with the second Nvidia Display Port from the left.​

2.) Inateck KTU3FR-502U XHC 7-Port USB3.0 Controller in PCIe Slot 3.

3.) OSX WIFI Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.0 Controller in PCIe Slot 4.

For deviating build configurations and PCIe slot populations, the SSDT-ASUS-X99-A-II.aml has to be modified and adopted correspondingly by means of MaciASL and the IORegistryExplorer.

View attachment 289059

Else, the SSDT-ASUS-X99-A-II.aml attached below, considers also all on-board PCI controllers of the ASUS X99-A II.

View attachment 289062

Note that in line with the SSDT-ASUS-X99-A-II.aml, one also requires the SSDT-XOSI.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

I will wait on your estimated user feedback, before officially implementing the entire part in the originating post/guide.

Enjoy and have fun! :thumbup:

View attachment 289061

Hi

Do you consider making a little guide how to create a SSDT aml file for other main boards?
I have a Asus Deluxe II board. I think I know how to remove the components you have extra but not sure about the other stuff.

Thanks, Mike

Hi

Do you consider making a little guide how to create a SSDT aml file for other main boards?
I have a Asus Deluxe II board. I think I know how to remove the components you have extra but not sure about the other stuff.

Thanks, Mike

Yes, I am planning to implement a detailed guideline. But I would like to receive more user feedback to the present implementation. If the latter is largely positive, I will move on!

If you have your GPU in PCI slot 0 and you do use the onboard wifi + bluetooth module of the Deluxe II, you just have to modify the Airport part by means of IOREG, which is also build-in in your case.

By the way, my system apparently has now 100% working forced and automatic sleep/wake functionality and even power nap works! :headbang:

Important question to @ALL Nvidia users,

did anybody realise at all that the new 10.13.1 Nvidia Web Driver now also supports Metal 2??? :)

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 13.50.29.png

Look at this! Tremendous Metal Score rise from 98.000 to 230.00!!!

Metal 2.png

Last edited:
Yes, I am planning to implement a detailed guideline. But I would like to receive more user feedback to the present implementation. If the latter is largely positive, I will move on!

If you have your GPU in PCI slot 0 and you do use the onboard wifi + bluetooth module of the Deluxe II, you just have to modify the Airport part by means of IOREG, which is also build-in in your case.

By the way, my system apparently has now 100% working forced and automatic sleep/wake functionality and even power nap works! :headbang:

Would be great if you could explain it with a little more details, I have also Deluxe II, gpu in pci slot 0 and I am using onboard wifi, bluetooth! What should I exactly change? Should I use it together with my current dsdt (plain, just errors fixed) or on its own?
thanks

Would be great if you could explain it with a little more details, I have also Deluxe II, gpu in pci slot 0 and I am using onboard wifi, bluetooth! What should I exactly change? Should I use it together with my current dsdt (plain, just errors fixed) or on its own?
thanks

No DSDT and no other aml's, except SSDT-XOSI.aml and the xcpm ssdt.aml...

I cannot do it for you, as I only have the X99-A II and not the Deluxe II. You need to implement your IOREG Airport details instead of my OSXWIFI IOREG Airport details. Also note that the OSXWIFI is an PCI Adapter and has a PCI slot assignment, while your on-board wifi-and bluetooth chip is build-in...

This means a little bit of work until you get familiar with the procedure :lol:;) Try to follow other PCI device implementations, which also work with the Deluxe II ...

HI!

I deleted EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. but still get such a mistake ....

Attachments

• 1213123123123.jpg
    1213123123123.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 125
How to fix this?

How to fix this?

What do you use for USB + Wifi? Onboard? In this case, please ask the guys with the Deluxe or Deluxe II for help...

I can't help in this issue.

Who can drop the EFI folder for asus x99 deluxe? or deluxe2 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back