Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please reload your EFI-Folder attached to your last post #487 after carefully harmonising your config.plist with the one contained in my most actual distributed EFI-Folder, which I just attached at the end of the original post/guide and I once more attach here below?

Many parts of your config.plist are already quite outdated! Please carefully revise all parts of your config.plist!

Many thanks in advance,

KGP
Thank you for your remark! config.plist has been updated. Please review and let me know if you think I need to change something else there.

Best regards,
Dima

Anyone has idea why my APFS NVME partition icons looks so strange (yellow/black striped squares) in boot clover menu? when normal ssd drives are ok!
tried different (embedded) theme, all the same :(
gqHIGp8.jpg

Thanks!

Kingkong89 would you mind telling me which kexts you are using for USB and where you have put them? I've got 2 front usb2 working and only one on the back! Thanks

Please refer to KGP's guide, first page of this Thread, at chapter "E.3 USB Configuration" there is a zip file named "DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB-kext.zip". Download it, that the kext you should be using. You have to copy it into "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" folder.
Credit of @DSM2 and KGP

Reactions: kgp
I'm using the DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext, yes it can be confirm that X99-A II & X99 Deluxe II can use the same kext. I'll relook into the USB 3.1, no reason why it can't work.

And Many Thanks for the help!!!

KGP,

You are correct that my 3.1 wasn't enable in the bios :oops:.

Everything works now, except one of the internal USB is not working like the X99-A II. In the case of X99 Deluxe II, both internal connectors are side by side at the bottom, the one on the left side is not working. It doesn't bother me cause I only has two front usb connectors on the casing. Thank you again for all the help and the guide, it sure makes life very easy for me :thumbup:

Reactions: kgp
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) and PMdrvr.kext:

When activated, there is a phenomenon that reboots during the execution of Premiere Pro editing.

If you do not install this guide, there is no rebooting symptom.

Please note.

When activated, the rebooting symptom appears to be hepatic.

Recommendation of deactivation in video work

Attachments

• 스크린샷 2017-10-02 오후 2.05.53.png
    스크린샷 2017-10-02 오후 2.05.53.png
    305 KB · Views: 98
Anyone has idea why my APFS NVME partition icons looks so strange (yellow/black striped squares) in boot clover menu? when normal ssd drives are ok!
tried different (embedded) theme, all the same :(
gqHIGp8.jpg

Thanks!

I guess it is a problem of the particular iClover boot loader theme. I have the same error . Choose another theme and you will see that everything works fine. In my case, e.g. the "metal" theme works pretty well..

Sorry for the newb question here but I have a MacBook Pro (source) and a Samsung 950 Pro NVMe drive in my desktop (destination drive) and want to attempt:
"D.1) macOS High Sierra 10.13 Clean Install"

You say:
"1.) In order to perform a clean install of macOS High Sierra 10.13, prepare a USB Flash Drive (source, named USB) and a
NVMe or SDD or HDD destination drive fo your macOS installation by formatting both drives with HFS+ [(Mac OS Extended (Journaled)] and a GUID partition table by means of Apple's Disk Utility on any other Hackintosh or Mac of your choice. This will create an empty HFS+ Partition and a yet empty EFI-partition on each drive.
"

I can format the USB drive just fine of course, how am I to format my 950 Pro when it's in my desktop? Do I need to attach it via an enclosure to my MacBook Pro? Please help - what am I missing?

Thanks for an incredible guide btw!

Sorry for the newb question here but I have a MacBook Pro (source) and a Samsung 950 Pro NVMe drive in my desktop (destination drive) and want to attempt:
"D.1) macOS High Sierra 10.13 Clean Install"

You say:
"1.) In order to perform a clean install of macOS High Sierra 10.13, prepare a USB Flash Drive (source, named USB) and a
NVMe or SDD or HDD destination drive fo your macOS installation by formatting both drives with HFS+ [(Mac OS Extended (Journaled)] and a GUID partition table by means of Apple's Disk Utility on any other Hackintosh or Mac of your choice. This will create an empty HFS+ Partition and a yet empty EFI-partition on each drive.
"

I can format the USB drive just fine of course, how am I to format my 950 Pro when it's in my desktop? Do I need to attach it via an enclosure to my MacBook Pro? Please help - what am I missing?

Thanks for an incredible guide btw!

While you can easily connect a SSD via an SSD/USB3.0 Adapter to your MacBook Pro,

SSD-USB3.0.jpg

there seems to currently exist just one USB3.0-adapter from Bplus Technology Co.,Ltd. that seems to work with NVMe M.2 PCIe SSDs.

U3M2M_V1.3a_EXP_1.jpg

However the user feedback is quite diverse and largely negative. If you want to give it a try, it might be the only choice you have at the moment.

However, I rather propose the following quite straight workaround:

a.) Perform the macOS Install with a standard SSD Drive

b.) Subsequently, clone your 10.13 macOS High Sierra SSD System Drive to the NVMe M.2 PCIe Drive of your choice by
means of Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC)​

100% verified!

Cheers,

KGP

Thus, your macOS update/clean-install USB Flash Drive Installer should be at all costs USB3.1 Type-A or Type-C!!

Is it impossible with an USB 3.0 Stick?

Reactions: GDS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back