Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm. USB3 in not working properly on my rigs....Can only detect thumb drive with capacity 16GB and below, and it take a long time to read the content of the 16GB T drives. can't detect 32GB and above....

They work perfectly in 10.12.6....

Hmmmm. USB3 in not working properly on my rigs....Can only detect thumb drive with capacity 16GB and below, and it take a long time to read the content of the 16GB T drives. can't detect 32GB and above....

They work perfectly in 10.12.6....

Rigs? Thus, about which systems we are taking? Which mainboards do you use?

As I wrote in my guide, use a USB3.1 thumb drive on a USB3.1 port for installation.
If you are not content with the current USB2.0 and USB3.0 implementation, create your board-specific XHC USB kext if not already available by following my guidelines.

Cheers,

KGP

Rigs? Thus, about which systems we are taking? Which mainboards do you use?

As I wrote in my guide, use a USB3.1 thumb drive on a USB3.1 port for installation.
If you are not content with the current USB2.0 and USB3.0 implementation, create your board-specific XHC USB kext if not already available by following my guidelines.

Cheers,

KGP

My board is Asus x99 Deluxe II, Xeon E5-2696v4. I'm already running HS but usb3, it is working but it is not detecting TD 32gb and bigger. I'm running clover r4184, with x99USB kext. A Guru in another forum told me usb will work with the kext with latest clover. will try that out first to see what happen.

My board is Asus x99 Deluxe II, Xeon E5-2696v4. I'm already running HS but usb3, it is working but it is not detecting TD 32gb and bigger. I'm running clover r4184, with x99USB kext. A Guru in another forum told me usb will work with the kext with latest clover. will try that out first to see what happen.

Allright! :thumbup:

In any case, if you would need help in creating an XHC USB Kext for the ASUS X99 Deluxe II , let me know!

By the way :!::!::!:

Is the ASUS X99-A II not identical with the ASUS X99 Deluxe II in the USB-Port Configuration? :idea::idea::idea:

Please check :!::!::!:

If the ASUS X99 Deluxe II has the same internal and external USB ports like the ASUS X99-A II you could just directly use the XHC USB Kext attached for the ASUS X99-A II, which works much better than the x99USB kext!!! ;););)

For sure both boards also use the same XHC USB controller!

Can you give it a try??? Maybe the XHC USB Kext for the ASUS X99-A II works OoB also for the ASUS X99 Deluxe II ! ;)

Cheers,

KGP

Hi,

I have 6 HackPros based on the GIGABYTE GA-X99P-SLI. Last year, I reported to you that your guide for Sierra was great, and I made a few suggestions for improving it.

I have just gone through your guide for a clean install of High Sierra and it is also excellent. The only place where I got stuck was that I purchased a USB 3.1 stick to make my installer (as you advised) but when I tried to boot with the stick in a USB 3 port, the OS X installer would always get the "Circle and X" icon about 40 seconds into booting, with the message in the verbose log "Still waiting for root device" It turns out I was able to resolve my problem by booting with the USB stick in a USB 2.0 port instead of in the USB 3.0 port. You might want to put a warning in your guide!

Thank you for taking the time to make the guide!

Regards,
AndrewL7332

Last edited:
I am using SMBIOS 14,2 , wouldn't this be better than SMBIOS 6,1 ? I tried with 16,1 since that one has official Broadwell support but the GTX 760 in my system would often randomly reboot.

I am using SMBIOS 14,2 , wouldn't this be better than SMBIOS 6,1 ? I tried with 16,1 since that one has official Broadwell support but the GTX 760 in my system would often randomly reboot.

No need to do so! SMBIOS macPro6,1 supports Broadwell-E/EP and Haswell-E/EP and is also compatible with X99 and all series-9 boards!

No need to do so! SMBIOS macPro6,1 supports Broadwell-E/EP and Haswell-E/EP and is also compatible with X99 and all series-9 boards!
Since everything is working fine on my MacPro 14,1 SMBIOS, is there any other reason to use macPro 6,1 ?

Since everything is working fine on my MacPro 14,1 SMBIOS, is there any other reason to use macPro 6,1 ?

You can stay with MacPro 14,1 if you want...

All your USB3.0 and USB2.0 ports are properly implemented?

XCPM and ssdtPRGen.sh are properly working?

I have the same motherboard like you. Did you was able to enable audio? If so, could you please share how you did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back