Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
macOS High Sierra 10.13 Nvidia Web Drivers - Further related Guide Updates
  • Further refinements in the related guide section.
  • Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Extreme 11GB OpenGL and Metal Benchmarks added
Cheers,

kgp.png

I guess you need this setup for the GTX 970, right? But one question.... which SMBIOS do you use?
yes, there is 970! smbios is macpro 6.1 from your efi just added my serial numbers and uuid

Reactions: kgp
I see in my case there is a serious difference in geekbench score between 10.12 and 10.13
I have used KGP guide for 10.12 with full success and my 6900k @4.2 is there around 34000 multicore
10.13 with same bios settings is about 9000 less, as only around 25000 in multicore what seems to be very low.
I am trying to spot some difference in the efi config but they are very similar, in my case both systems using same ssdt and dsdt, what is your experience here ?
thanks

Graphics card zotac 1080ti

Even with the kgp instructions, it is still a black screen.

I do not know if the official reel version should be released. I installed it several times all night, but with the same symptoms.

If you have someone who solved your problem with me

Hi Kgp,

Thanks for the wonderful guide, I'm up and running High Sierra now.

Can I ask if VoodooTSCSync.kext is still needed in the EFI? Cause in your provided EFI hasn't got the kext in there.

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 11.13.53 AM.png

Last edited:
Hi Kgp,

Thanks for the wonderful guide, I'm up and running High Sierra now.

Can I ask if VoodooTSCSync.kext is still needed in the EFI? Cause in your provided EFI hasn't got the kext in there.

View attachment 281341

With Broadwell-E/EP (Haswell-E/EP) and X99 the VoodooTSCSync.kext is not mandatory. However, it helps in reaching sleep/wake functionality. Thus, it does not harm if you add it to your System Disk EFI-Folder.

Further Minor Modifications of my Broadwell-E/EP (Haswell-E/EP)/x99 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide
  • Former EFI-Folder slightly revised
a.) -alcbeta and -lilubeta boot flags once more added in config.plist by means of Clover Configurator
b.) AppleUSBXHCIPCI USB port limit Patch now assigned to MatchOS 10.13
  • New EFI-Folder attached below and at the bottom of the originating post/guide
  • Tiny related revision of the Broadwell-E/EP (Haswell-E/EP)/x99 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide
Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

kgp.png

Attachments

• EFI-X99-10.13-Final-Release-280917.zip
    19.7 MB · Views: 92
Further Minor Modifications of my Broadwell-E/EP (Haswell-E/EP)/x99 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide
  • Former EFI-Folder slightly revised
a.) -alcbeta and -lilubeta boot flags once more added in config.plist by means of Clover Configurator
b.) AppleUSBXHCIPCI USB port limit Patch now assigned to MatchOS 10.13
  • New EFI-Folder attached below and at the bottom of the originating post/guide
  • Tiny related revision of the Broadwell-E/EP (Haswell-E/EP)/x99 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide
Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

View attachment 281392
1.) Download and install the Nvidia 10.13 Web Driver Package. Ignore the error message during installation and proceed with
the Web Driver Installation until you are asked to reboot the system. Don't reboot the system yet as requested!

2.) Open the config.plist with the Clover Configurator and ensure that "NvidiaWeb" is checked in the "System Parameters"
Section of the Clover Configurator.

3.) Depending on your Nvidia GPU Type, you might need the following error preventions to avoid a black screen on boot with
SMBIOS macPro6,1.

a.) In my case (Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Extreme 11GB), it was sufficient to download, unzip and run the AGDPfix.app
attached at the bottom of this originating post/guide to avoid the black screen problem on reboot due to SMBIOS macPro6,1. Be patient, it takes some time to apply the fix.

Once the fix has been successfully applied, you will get another notification to reboot your system.

b.) Others might need the following black screen prevention in addition:

NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in /L/E/. Kext and instructions can be accessed here:

https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix/releases

In addition, one has to edit the config.plist with the Clover Configurator and use the following KernelToPatch entry in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" of the Clover Configurator

Code (Text):
Name: Find: Replace: Comment:
com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy ba050000 00 ba000000 00 Disable board-id check to prevent no signal © lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696

Credits to cyberdevs from InsanelyMac.

c.) One can also try to just use lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12/-directory of the System
Disk, in case that the AGDPfix does not suffice.
It is very difficult to predict the correct setup for each specific Nvidia Graphics Card. Please search for the optimised settings for your specific Nvidia GPU, if possible before passing to point 4.) below!

In any case, with SMBIOS macPro6,1 and the Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Extreme 11GB, it was completely sufficient just to apply the AGDPfix.app previously to point 4.) below.

4.) Now reboot the system.

I do not know the order of installation.

a) .b) .c) Do you want to proceed in order

Do you want to install it for your graphics card type?

kgp

Will conflg.plst be optimized for 10.2.6?

After the failure of the High Sierra graphics card, I went back to 10.2.6. It is unfair

I have to wait for the official release of NVIDIA.

x99-aii
1080ti
32gb

And when I get the internet cursor, do you know why there is delay for 2 seconds? I wonder

Attachments

• config.plist
    9 KB · Views: 107
kgp

Will conflg.plst be optimized for 10.2.6?

After the failure of the High Sierra graphics card, I went back to 10.2.6. It is unfair

I have to wait for the official release of NVIDIA.

x99-aii
1080ti
32gb

And when I get the internet cursor, do you know why there is delay for 2 seconds? I wonder

Which failure of which High Sierra graphics card? Nvidia graphics cards now work with 10.13! The official web driver for 10.13 has already been already released...

I don't understand your comments at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back