Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey kgp,

Thank you again for this guide. I got High Sierra working on my Titan Xp Hackintosh,
but I‘ve got a problem with my smaller PC (i7 6800K, AsRock X99 Taichi, AMD RX 580). Sierra runs great (based on your guide to Sierra), but if I try to boot the installation USB, I just get a flashing line. The clover menu does not appear. If I use the bootloader from my system disk, I can install it, but the first system boot fails. If I boot into verbose mode, it aborts at „PCI Configuration begin“. Sorry, but I have no idea what I can do.
If I should send my EFI folder, please tell me.

Thank you very much,

SmariMo

Hey kgp,

Thank you again for this guide. I got High Sierra working on my Titan Xp Hackintosh,
but I‘ve got a problem with my smaller PC (i7 6800K, AsRock X99 Taichi, AMD RX 580). Sierra runs great (based on your guide to Sierra), but if I try to boot the installation USB, I just get a flashing line. The clover menu does not appear. If I use the bootloader from my system disk, I can install it, but the first system boot fails. If I boot into verbose mode, it aborts at „PCI Configuration begin“. Sorry, but I have no idea what I can do.
If I should send my EFI folder, please tell me.

Thank you very much,

SmariMo

Did you install the EFI-Folder and Clover Boot Loader at all on your USB Flash Drive Installer?? It is simply impossible that the EFI-Folder on your System Disk boots while the same EFI-Folder on your USB Flash Drive Installer does not and does not even reach the clover boot loader menu! Check once more the EFI-Folder on your USB Flash Drive Installer. In case that the USB Flash Drive EFI-Folder in your opinion is flawless, please upload the latter for cross-check. In addition, please revise your BIOS settings!

Cheers,

KGP

Did you install the EFI-Folder and Clover Boot Loader at all on your USB Flash Drive Installer?? It is simply impossible that the EFI-Folder on your System Disk boots while the same EFI-Folder on your USB Flash Drive Installer does not and does not even reach the clover boot loader menu! Check once more the EFI-Folder on your USB Flash Drive Installer. In case that the USB Flash Drive EFI-Folder in your opinion is flawless, please upload the latter for cross-check. In addition, please revise your BIOS settings!

Cheers,

KGP

Thank you for your fast answer.
Yes, I am sure about the EFI Folder on my USB Flash Drive. The EFI on my System disk is different to the one on the USB.
I attached both folders at the end of this post. I already checked my BIOS settings. All settings are the same as yours.
With my system disk EFI, I can install High Sierra, but I'm not able to boot after successful installation. With the USB Installer drive EFI, it does not even reach the clover boot menu.
Thanks
SmariMo

Attachments

• EFI (System Disk).zip
    19.4 MB · Views: 73
  • EFI (USB Installer Drive).zip
    23 MB · Views: 68
Thank you for your fast answer.
Yes, I am sure about the EFI Folder on my USB Flash Drive. The EFI on my System disk is different to the one on the USB.
I attached both folders at the end of this post. I already checked my BIOS settings. All settings are the same as yours.
With my system disk EFI, I can install High Sierra, but I'm not able to boot after successful installation. With the USB Installer drive EFI, it does not even reach the clover boot menu.
Thanks
SmariMo

O.K., I had a quick first look to your USB Flash Drive EFI- Folder. At first glance everything looks fine, although I remain with a few doubts and questions.

a.) The AMD RX 580 is natively supported by 10.13? Didn't you miss the Whatevergreen.kext?
b.) Although using a AMD RX 580, you have "NvidiaWeb" checked in the "System Parameters" Section of Clover Configurator.
c.) Why do you have all kexts another time in the /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12/ directory?

Else, I cannot find any contradicting settings that could cause your reported issues. I can only once more suggest to check the BIOS settings, although you say that they identical with mine. Another option would be to try different USB ports.. What is suspicious in any case is that you are not even able to reach the clover boot screen when booting with the EFI-Folder on your USB Flash Drive Installer! Apparently, something goes totally wrong at the very beginning! Are your sure that the macOS installer is properly implemented ob the USB Flash Drive? Try to boot a Mac if available with the USB Flash drive. If the macOS Installer is fine it should work totally independent from the EFI-Folder!

Your System Disk EFI-Folder is totally different from the one attached to my guide. I am sorry, but in this case I cannot provide either help or support! I am honestly surprised that this latter EFI-Folder works at all!

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
Dear KGP,

thank you for your efforts.
I had a second look at the BIOS preferences, they are really correct. But I found a solution:
I took my system disk EFI and changed npci=0x3000 to npci=0x2000. Then I added WhatEverGreen.kext, Lilu.kext and apfs.efi and removed EmuVariableUEFI.efi.
Now, everything works fine and runs stable.
Many THANKS!

SmariMo

Dear KGP,

thank you for your efforts.
I had a second look at the BIOS preferences, they are really correct. But I found a solution:
I took my system disk EFI and changed npci=0x3000 to npci=0x2000. Then I added WhatEverGreen.kext, Lilu.kext and apfs.efi and removed EmuVariableUEFI.efi.
Now, everything works fine and runs stable.
Many THANKS!

SmariMo

In any case also the EFI on your USB Flash Drive should work after unchecking "nvidiaweb" and implementing Whatevergreen.kext. However, there seems to be something wrong with the macOS Installer on your USB Flash Drive! Please check and report back if possible...

Cheers,

KGP

In any case also the EFI on your USB Flash Drive should work after unchecking "nvidiaweb" and implementing Whatevergreen.kext. However, there seems to be something wrong with the macOS Installer on your USB Flash Drive! Please check and report back if possible...

Cheers,

KGP
Yes, I'm running MacPro6,1 now.
I can't get the USB working. I tried it with different USB drives and installers. But now, it's working.

AppleIntelInfo.kext 2.5ver upload ???

t How do I get the kext file ?? AppleIntelInfo.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back