Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No go with 0x0306A0 for me, still ++++++++.

You have a i7-6950X!!!!! You have to use FakeCPU "0x040674" and CPU Type "0x0a02" !!!! :banghead:

In fact you just have to download and unzip the EFI-10.13-TM-030817.zip, delete the content of the EFI folder on your USB Flash Drive, and copy the content of the EFI folder of EFI-10.13-TM to the now empty EFI folder on your USB Flash Drive.

Do you get it????

That's all! No further modifications!!!

Please, that's really straight froward! I expect to hear about your success!! There are no further errors :thumbup:

Thanks, been hacking my BIOS, going back to proper settings and downloaded the new EFI, will update within an hour!

Tried USB 3 and 2 thumb drive, no go still stuck on +++++. Tried Broadwell and Ivy bridge CPUIDs with your new EFI folder,
went back to the Sierra thumb drive, boots fine still off that so I don't believe its a bios mixup, I did notice in the KernalToPatch on this config.plist from today there is a difference from the tutorial. The 10.13 has xcpm_cpuid_set_info © Pike R. Alpha as:

75000472 3cd07750 0fb6c0 -> 7500046a 3cd07750 0fb6c0

where the tutorial image has:

723cd077 500fbc60 -> 6a3cd077 500fb6c0

which is correct?

Tried USB 3 and 2 thumb drive, no go still stuck on +++++. Tried Broadwell and Ivy bridge CPUIDs with your new EFI folder,
went back to the Sierra thumb drive, boots fine still off that so I don't believe its a bios mixup, I did notice in the KernalToPatch on this config.plist from today there is a difference from the tutorial. The 10.13 has xcpm_cpuid_set_info © Pike R. Alpha as:

where the tutorial image has:

which is correct?

See my message above!!!!!! :banghead:

both are ok

and

You have a i7-6950X!!!!! You have to use FakeCPU "0x040674" and CPU Type "0x0a02" !!!! :banghead:

In fact you just have to download and unzip the EFI-10.13-TM-030817.zip, delete the content of the EFI folder on your USB Flash Drive, and copy the content of the EFI folder of EFI-10.13-TM to the now empty EFI folder on your USB Flash Drive.

Do you get it????

That's all! No further modifications!!!

Please, that's really straight froward! I expect to hear about your success!! There are no further errors :thumbup:

That is what I did initially, got plusses and then tried to change the FakeCPUID. The first thing I do is follow your instructions to the letter, then try tweaks. I can not report success even with EFI-10.13-TM-03081

That is what I did initially, got plusses and then tried to change the FakeCPUID. The first thing I do is follow your instructions to the letter, then try tweaks. I can not report success even with EFI-10.13-TM-03081

Don't you understand??? I found the error in the meanwhile and changed the config.plist in the EFI-10.13-TM folder twice. Latest version now EFI-10.13-TM-030817a.zip!!!!

Download and unzip the EFI-10.13-TM-030817a.zip attached. Delete the content of your EFI folder on your USB Flash drive and copy the content of the EFI folder contained in EFI-10.13-TM-030817a.zip to the now empty EFI folder on your USB Flashdrive!

Don't apply any modifications! Can you please just listen once??

Reboot and successfully boot the USB Flash Drive Installer!!!!

If you still have problems revise one last time your BIOS settings. After all your previous changes applied put them strictly back to the settings I summarize in my guide!

The EFI-10.13-TM-030817a.zip is now fixed and works in 100%. In your case without any additional modifications!

Cheers,

KGP

Attachments

• EFI-10.13-TM-030817a.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Don't you understand??? I found the error in the meanwhile and changed the config.plist in the EFI-10.13-TM folder twice. Latest version now EFI-10.13-TM-030817a.zip!!!!

Download and unzip the EFI-10.13-TM-030817a.zip attached. Delete the content of your EFI folder on your USB Flash drive and copy the content of the EFI folder contained in EFI-10.13-TM-030817a.zip to the now empty EFI folder on your USB Flashdrive!

Don't apply any modifications! Can you please just listen once??

Reboot and successfully boot the USB Flash Drive Installer!!!!

If you still have problems revise one last time your BIOS settings. After all your previous changes applied put them strictly back to the settings I summarize in my guide!

The EFI-10.13-TM-030817a.zip is now fixed and works in 100%. In your case without any additional modifications!

Cheers,

KGP

Okay... with the EFI-10.13-TM-030817a got ++++++

My process, insert thumb drive, mount EFI partition, remove contents of EFI folder, empty trash, copy EFI-10.13-TM-030817a EFI contents to my EFI partition. boot, it hangs, reset, add -v in clover to see output, get ++++++.

double checked bios settings to your guide, good.

Boot off the sierra usb, get to the installer, making sure I did not not miss any bios settings get to sierra inhaler, bios happy.

Go back to DP4 thumb drive +++++

There are a few things not showing in my BIOS, there is no serial port so I can not disable it, AI Overclock Tuner does not have a disable option, it has Auto,Manual,XMP, I choose Auto. Everything else is as it should be.

Go back through all bios settings again to make sure I did not miss something or something did not save.

boot off dp4 thumb drive, no luck. I have two one is USB 2.0, one is USB 3.0, both get +++++

There is something in the X99-Deluxe-II that I must have misconfigured, I just can not isolate it.

I'm making a brand new USB key now, just to be hyper paranoid.

Okay... with the EFI-10.13-TM-030817a got ++++++

My process, insert thumb drive, mount EFI partition, remove contents of EFI folder, empty trash, copy EFI-10.13-TM-030817a EFI contents to my EFI partition. boot, it hangs, reset, add -v in clover to see output, get ++++++.

double checked bios settings to your guide, good.

Boot off the sierra usb, get to the installer, making sure I did not not miss any bios settings get to sierra inhaler, bios happy.

Go back to DP4 thumb drive +++++

There are a few things not showing in my BIOS, there is no serial port so I can not disable it, AI Overclock Tuner does not have a disable option, it has Auto,Manual,XMP, I choose Auto. Everything else is as it should be.

Go back through all bios settings again to make sure I did not miss something or something did not save.

boot off dp4 thumb drive, no luck. I have two one is USB 2.0, one is USB 3.0, both get +++++

There is something in the X99-Deluxe-II that I must have misconfigured, I just can not isolate it.

I'm making a brand new USB key now, just to be hyper paranoid.

Same results with brand new Thumb drive, strictly following your instructions, no modifications, no wavering from the path.

Grrr!!

I was able to get through this, it was something on the ACPI folders causing the issue. I've been traveling, will post EFI when I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back