Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for you help. Still troubleshooting on my end. I'll post findings as it might be of help to others as well. Could you share the old EFI folder for DP3? Seems I lost it, and can't compare them. I'm unable to boot to DP3, since I'm using your newer one.

Thank you!

The EFI folder I am using boots with PB2/DP3 and PB3/DP4. There is no other EFI folder for PB2/DP3.

Are you sure that you have the correct BIOS settings? Can you please check once more if e.g. xHCP is set to "Enabled" or "Smart Auto"? Do you use a USB2.0 or USB3.0 flash medium? Do you have the last BIOS version installed on your mobo?

We have to get you Rig working. Don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,

KGP

I just swapped EFI folders and DP3 stopped working :(
There were no changes in BIOS.
Just need to get old DP3 EFI given something changed on the new EFI for DP4.
I can compare the 2 and identify what's causing the issue.

Do you know how many times I modified the EFI-folder? How can I know exactly which version did you have before? I do not have any backup of former EFI-folder versions as the one uploaded should work for all PB and DP versions. I just found a very old version from 12 July 2017, which I attach below.

Did you try to disable the last KernelToPatch entry in the config.plist of the actually uploaded EFI-Folder? Maybe this helps to get working again PB2/DP3 in your case?

Cheers,

KGP

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.5 MB · Views: 114
The Apple MacPro 6,1 has got a new Firmware & BIOS Version with High Sierra Dev. Beta: we should use "MP61.88Z.0117.B01.1706261354" and BIOS Date "06/26/2017" at the Clover config.plist to prevent Firmware Updates.

The Apple MacPro 6,1 has got a new Firmware & BIOS Version with High Sierra Dev. Beta: we should use "MP61.88Z.0117.B01.1706261354" and BIOS Date "06/26/2017" at the Clover config.plist to prevent Firmware Updates.

My monitor is still not accepting input signals after the boot. The screen monitor stops or doesn't receive any signal on the login screen. This with DP4.
You were a little vage on your post but if you please, can you share some thoughts about the problem I'm getting?! I mean, I've tried all steps mentioned on the original post and I'm doing some hard reading about this... Can you also help me with this or can I help you with some files like the config.plist I'm using now...?

Thanks in advance. :)

1.) Bios Version and BIOS Date accordingly modified in config.plist

2.) EFI-10.13-TM.zip modified and reloaded to the server.

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers,

KGP

My monitor is still not accepting input signals after the boot. The screen monitor stops or doesn't receive any signal on the login screen. This with DP4.
You were a little vage on your post but if you please, can you share some thoughts about the problem I'm getting?! I mean, I've tried all steps mentioned on the original post and I'm doing some hard reading about this... Can you also help me with this or can I help you with some files like the config.plist I'm using now...?

Thanks in advance. :)

Although your post and questions seem to be addressed to @MacGrummel let me just provide a view comments:

1.) Do you use the 10.12.6 Web Driver workaround?
2.) If so, did you apply the AGDPFix or config.plist patch?
3.) Do you get a signal (login screen) with the boot flag nv_disable=1?
4.) Do you have a single or multi-monitor configuration?

Cheers,

KGP

And? Did the old EFI-Folder help in booting at least your DP3 installation?

Below I attach my complete actual EFI folder (different from EFI-10.13-TM.zip)! It already considers the entire post-installation process. Note that it is the complete configuration for the ASUS X99-A II, the Intel i7-6950X with 4.2 OC, and the AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Extreme Edition! You will still have to adapt the EFI configuration to your particular system! However, it might further help you in successfully booting at least your DP3 installation.

Further note, that also I modified the respective update procedure description from PB2/DP3 to PB3/DP4 in the originating post of this thread (macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide)

Cheers,

KGP

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.4 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Hi KGP
How to fix about this Mac
3 GHz Unknown
processor
I have 5960X
Thank you

Hi KGP

How to fix about this Mac
3 GHz Unknown
processor
I have 5960X
Thank you

What exactly do you want to fix? You mean that your CPU is not properly recognized?

Did you use the correct Haswell-E "FakeCPUID" entry and the correct Haswell-E "xcpm_bootstrap" KernelToPatch entry?

Following PMHeart and Sherlocks, you do not need the "xcpm_cpuid_set_info" KernelToPatch entry for Haswell-E..

The supposedly correct values you can find in my 10.13 Desktop Guide.

I guess it is also clear that you still have to create the SSDT.aml for your 5960X with Piker-Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh and subsequently inject an appropriate frequency vector to your Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist. I hope you also use SMBIOS Mac Pro 6.1 etc... You are anyway very familiar with the entire XCPM procedure... Anyway everything is also chronologically and stepwise described in much detail throughout my 10.13 Desktop guide.

Would you do me the favour to verify my guide with your system? I do not posses any Haswell-E CPU to do it myself.. I would appreciate it much.

Cheers man!

KGP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back