Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Sorry for double post... This browser in 10.13 was giving me bugs. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Update - 26 July 2017

upgrade-1.png
  • Update to 10.13 High Sierra PB3 (DP4) successfully accomplished :thumbup:
Successfully verified: clean install of 10.13 High Sierra PB3 (DP4); Update from 10.12.6; Update from PB2 (DP3)​
  • 10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide in originating post accordingly upgraded and revised :thumbup:
  • EFI-13.10-TM.zip and other attached files modified and reloaded :thumbup:

Good Luck and Enjoy!​

Last edited:
Take your time mate. Be advised, Clover was updated to version 4128! Thanks!

Update finished! Enjoy the updated guide!

Cheers,

KGP

Update finished! Enjoy the updated guide!

Cheers,

KGP

Was there a new EFI folder uploaded? Seem like it is still the same as yesterday. I'm not able to get past the reboot on the plus signs.

Thank you!

Was there a new EFI folder uploaded? Seem like it is still the same as yesterday. I'm not able to get past the reboot on the plus signs.

Thank you!

Yes there was an upload of the EFI folder yesterday at 02:00 a.m. CEST and another upload this morning at 11:00 a.m. CEST that apart from other problems in the config.plist also solved the problem of not passing the plus signs when rebooting via the installer/updater on my rig. This problem should be solved now. At least on my rig the installer/updater now works flawless. I checked the clean install of 10.13 PB3 and DP4, as well as the upgrade from 10.12 and 10.13 PB2 and DP3. The problem of not passing the plus signs was a missing KernelToPatch entry which for now is still uncommented (last KernelToPatch entry from up).

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
This is from the EFI folder downloaded a few minutes ago, but still stuck at plus sign reboot :(
Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 12.53.24 PM.png

This is from the EFI folder downloaded a few minutes ago, but still stuck at plus sign reboot :(
View attachment 268862

What can I do? It perfectly works on my rig! Did you check the BIOS settings? Note also that you have a different mobo.. Maybe that makes the difference? Any additional config.plist entries, kexts, amls, etc.?

Last edited:
What can I do? It perfectly works on my rig! Did you check the BIOS settings? Note also that you have a different mobo.. Maybe that makes the difference? Any additional config.plist entries, kexts, amls, etc.?

Thanks for you help. Still troubleshooting on my end. I'll post findings as it might be of help to others as well. Could you share the old EFI folder for DP3? Seems I lost it, and can't compare them. I'm unable to boot to DP3, since I'm using your newer one.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back