Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what changed with DP4, but I'm stuck in a reboot loop at:
+++++++++++++++++++

:lol:

Did you try the easy install method and it also does not work out? And what you mean by does not work? Is your Graphics Card not recognized by the system? Does your system still use the default graphics driver?

Note that the 10.12.6 Webdriver on 10.13 does provide OpenGL and Metal support only for Nvidia Maxwell Graphics Cards (no support yet for Pascal). Therefore the pascal graphics card behavior still will be somewhat fluffy. Nevertheless, you will be able to work with the expected and accurate screen resolution and with adequate video acceleration.

We have to make it run also on your system! Let's do it step by step... What did you do so far?

"If you already use 10.13 DP4 (distributed yesterday), the WebDriver Installation should run OoB."
I'm not sure on what to say atm but that method also gives me a black screen (no signal input) after boot, and shows the same error described on the picture I've shared. I'm using a Pascal GPU (GTX 1060). Might this be the problem?!

1- Installed 10.13 DP4
2- Installed the already patched 10.12.6 WebDriver Package
3- Rebooted and it gives me the same problem (No signal input from my monitor).

I've noticed that you've updated the post on the graphics session. I'm going to try that updated workaround and get back to you later.
Thanks!

Last edited:
+++++++++++++++++++
Have you changed with Clover Configurator or other .plist editor the RT Variables of CsrActiveConfig from 0x3 to 0x67?!
With 0x3 I had the same problem...

Last edited:
Have you changed with Clover Configurator or other .plist editor the RT Variables of CsrActiveConfig from 0x3 to 0x67?!

Which problem? I changed it from 0x67 to 0x3 not vice versa. In my EFI-10.13-TM.zip its 0x67.

"If you already use 10.13 DP4 (distributed yesterday), the WebDriver Installation should run OoB."
I'm not sure on what to say atm but that method also gives me a black screen (no signal input) after boot, and shows the same error described on the picture I've shared. I'm using a Pascal GPU (GTX 1060). Might this be the problem?!

1- Installed 10.13 DP4
2- Installed the already patched 10.12.6 WebDriver Package
3- Rebooted and it gives me the same problem (No signal input from my monitor).

I've noticed that you've updated the post on the graphics session. I'm going to try that updated workaround and get back to you later.
Thanks!

You are one step further! Now you have a black screen. Try now the revised workaround.

We will mange don't worry!

Update

While upgrading to DP4/PB3, I realized that I missed an important KernelToPatch entry in the config.plist. The lack of this KernelToPatch entry prevented an upgrade/installation of DP4/PB3. I now modified the config.plist and reloaded once more the EFI-10.13-TM.zip. Please be aware that the current version of my 10.13 High Sierra desktop guide is still basing on DP3/PB2!
I am currently working on an upgrade of the guide for DP4/PB3. Please be patient until this guide upgrade is finished.

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:

No I kept 0x67. No changes to the config file.

+++++++++++++++++++

I am currently updating my 10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide for DP4/PB3. Hopefully tomorrow the update will be finished. Please be patient in the meanwhile.

Many thanks in advance!

KGP

Last edited:
I am currently updating my 10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide for DP4/DP3. Hopefully tomorrow the update will be finished. Please be patient in the meanwhile.

Many thanks in advance!

KGP

Sounds good. Thank you very much for all the work!

I am currently updating my 10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide for DP4/PB3. Hopefully tomorrow the update will be finished. Please be patient in the meanwhile.

Many thanks in advance!

KGP
Take your time mate. Be advised, Clover was updated to version 4128! Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back