Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You certainly missed or messed up something when installing the WebDriver workaround. Boot with the "nv_disabled=1" boot flag and start once more with the WebDriver workaround.

Cheers,

KGP

Did you take a closer look at the attached picture? I've tried your workaround several times with a few clean macOS High Sierra Beta installations and that boot flag to check for further info. Please, check my config.plist and give me a new idea. Thanks. :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Did you take a closer look at the attached picture? I've tried your workaround several times with a few clean macOS High Sierra Beta installations. Do you want to check my config.plist? Thanks.

Try the easy installation:

Download the patched 10.12.6 WebDriver Package from HERE. Unzip and install the package. Reboot. Run the Nvidia WebDriver Updater v1.5 and patch the "NVDAStartupWeb.kext" to 17A306f if you use 10.13 PB2 or 10.13 DP3. If you already use 10.13 DP4 (distributed yesterday), the Webdriver Installation should run OoB.

Cheers,

KGP

Try the easy installation:

Download the patched 10.12.6 WebDriver Package from HERE. Unzip and install the package. Reboot. Run the Nvidia WebDriver Updater v1.5 and patch the "NVDAStartupWeb.kext" to 17A306f if you use 10.13 PB2 or 10.13 DP3. If you already use 10.13 DP4 (distributed yesterday), the Webdriver Installation should run OoB.

Cheers,

KGP

Thanks to you I'm now downloading the 10.13 DP4. I'll let you know how it went. Thanks!

Btw, what's the meaning of OoB?

Last edited:
The Beta version I'm working with has the build reference 17A306f. I don't know how to say if it is the PB2 or DP3 but I'm going to give another try with the new package. Now..., and sorry for this one; what is the meaning of OoB? Cheers!

OoB = Out of Box...

The easy way of installing the workaround should work in any case (idiot proofed :lol:).

Maybe in the detailed and controlled workaround you missed either to install the 10.12.5 (now 10.12.6) AppleGraphicsControl.kext or the kexts from the "1.6-85-378.05.05.15f01-NVWebDrivers" (now "1.6-85-378.05.05.25f01-NVWebDrivers") directory with KEXTBEAST?

When looking before to your screenshot above, my suspicion was that you did not install the 10.12.5 (now 10.12.6) AppleGraphicsControl.kext with KEXTBEAST! It does not help to repeatedly commit the same error. If the workaround does not work in your case, the error is at your side. Sorry.

Cheers,

KGP

You can call me an idiot any time you need. :p

I DID followed all the steps with all the files in your post. In my case, it simply did not work (noob hacker).
Thanks once again mate!

You can call me an idiot any time you need. :p

I DID followed all the steps with all the files in your post. In my case, it simply did not work (noob hacker).
Thanks once again mate!

:lol:

Did you try the easy install method and it also does not work out? And what you mean by does not work? Is your Graphics Card not recognized by the system? Does your system still use the default graphics driver?

Note that the 10.12.6 Webdriver on 10.13 does provide OpenGL and Metal support only for Nvidia Maxwell Graphics Cards (no support yet for Pascal). Therefore the pascal graphics card behavior still will be somewhat fluffy. Nevertheless, you will be able to work with the expected and accurate screen resolution and with adequate video acceleration.

We have to make it run also on your system! Let's do it step by step... What did you do so far?

Last edited:
Update

25 July 2017 - Few minor modifications of EFI-10.13-TM.zip. EFI-10.13-TM.zip reloaded and guide slightly modified.

Modifications:

1.) apfs.efi (PB2/DP3) in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI replaced by apfs.efi (DP4)
2.) SkylakeGPolicy.kext removed from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
3.) Modification of 10.13 desktop guide section "Graphics Configuration"

Cheers,

KGP

Concerning the Samsung EVO 960
as I have a SM961 (OEM of SM950 Pro)

i will make a try on it
but it is a non-4k so it should be great I think

my problem is on the version DL today
looks like as a new version 45 instead of 40 if I understood

i am installions everything on my MacBook Pro as a test of which program is ok or not on an official Apple product
before starting to follow your great guide step by step ;)

but NVme natively supported (for many) it is very great

Capture d’écran 2017-07-26 à 03.20.57.png

Concerning the Samsung EVO 960
as I have a SM961 (OEM of SM950 Pro)

i will make a try on it
but it is a non-4k so it should be great I think

my problem is on the version DL today
looks like as a new version 45 instead of 40 if I understood

i am installions everything on my MacBook Pro as a test of which program is ok or not on an official Apple product
before starting to follow your great guide step by step ;)

but NVme natively supported (for many) it is very great

View attachment 268668

Guess 13.0.45 might be PB3 and 13.0.40 DP4.

Cheers,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back