Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
! Important Update !

! Full X99 Sleep/Wake Functionality reached under macOS High Sierra 10.13 !

Correspondingly, a new "Sleep/Wake Functionality" - Section has been introduced to my macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide (originating post of this thread), which also directly applies to macOS Sierra 10.12. Just note that in case of macOS Sierra 10.12, the repeatedly indicated path "/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others/" changes to "/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12/"

The former approach depicted in my macOS Sierra 10.12 Desktop Guide is now obsolete and has been crossed out. It will be totally removed during the next days! All mates still with macOS Sierra 10.12, please undo all formerly applied changes and follow the new "Sleep/Wake Functionality"-Section of my macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide.

Note that also EFI-10.13-TM.zip has been modified and reloaded.

Thanks for your attention and notice!

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
Why do you try to use this method if m2 ssd‘s are now officially supported in 10.13 by Apple. Just remove everything Kext or patches related to the m2 drive.

@hellowe, I agree! But are you sure that the Plextor NVMe is also natively supported by 10.13 like the Samsung EVO 960? If so it is true that the NVMe script and kext are also obsolete for the Plextor NVMe!

Last edited:
The M.2 support has something to do with the new Mac Pro which will be released in 2018 since it will be modular again! Therefore m.2 is open for all m.2 drives and should work without any modifications like the original Apple Cards without any restrictions as brands and so on. The only one cosmetic Issue is that the m.2 drives are shown as external but therefore we have the IONVMeFamily Patch.

@hellowe, just follow my 10.13 desktop guide and use the attached EFI folder!

Cheers, KGP

@hellowe, I agree! But are you sure that the Plextor NVMe is also natively supported by 10.13 like the Samsung EVO 960? If so it is true that the NVMe script and kext are also obsolete for the Plextor NVMe!
@kgp just have a exiting Plextor M.2 on hand, and see whether it can be re-used... Anyway, I may try to install it later...for testing

Does anyone know plextor m8pe maintained high Sierra originally?

I thought I already sufficiently answered all respective questions? Is it so difficult to simply connect your plextor m8pe and to install High Sierra on it or any other test drive following my 10.13 desktop guide in the originating post in order to confirm that it works natively as expected???

Do we really need to theoretically discuss this topic ad absurdum?

What can I provide more than a fully working X99 10.13 desktop guide, which just needs to be applied? :crazy:

If then you still need some support or advice you are highly welcome!

Last edited:
I'm still stuck on a black screen (no signal) after a reboot with your NVIDIA workaround. I need more information about this... Have a look. :banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 300
I'm still stuck on a black screen (no signal) after a reboot with your NVIDIA workaround. I need more information about this... Have a look. :banghead:

You certainly missed or messed up something when installing the WebDriver workaround. Boot with the "nv_disabled=1" boot flag and start once more with the WebDriver workaround.

Cheers,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back