Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that everything:
I corrected the notes in the config.plist, disabled the second LAN port and added SSDT patches to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

You should not disable the second LAN port but properly implement all SSDTs. Did you properly modify and add TSCAdjustReset.kext?

You should not disable the second LAN port but properly implement all SSDTs. Did you properly modify and add TSCAdjustReset.kext?

Of course, I've modified TSCAdjustReset.kext for 6-core CPU follow your manual.
As fo second LAN, I plan to do it a little later...

And one more question.
The introduction of PCI devices - its necessary procedure or simple cosmetics?

Attachments

• TSCAdjustReset.kext.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 66
Of course, I've modified TSCAdjustReset.kext for 6-core CPU follow your manual.
As fo second LAN, I plan to do it a little later...

And one more question.
The introduction of PCI devices - its necessary procedure or simple cosmetics?

Most SSDTs are anything else than cosmetics.

Hi KGP!

Firstly thanks for your amazing guide, Loving it!

Ok, so I have a ASUS X99-Deluxe motherboard and have issues with your BIOS patching procedure.

We have flawlessly followed your instructions and undertaken the CPU microde update and the MSR 0xE2 register unlock procedure. Both procedure appeared successful.

When we try and update I BIOS via Flashback it fails. If we try and enter the BIOS and update it Via the EZ Flash Tool we are informed that the BIOS file selected is not a proper BIOS file.

We believe that some of the changes that are being made are messing up the file in some way.

Was hoping you might be able to shed some light on the matter

Our USB flash drive is formatted in FAT32 and the BIOS we have patched is the latest 3902 version.

We have attached our patched BIOS file as we feel it may be of some use to you to check.

Thank you, Look forward to hearing from you.

Attachments

• X99D.zip
    8 MB · Views: 81
Hi @kgp!

Quick question: Is the X99A2.CAP file attached to this guide already have the CPU Microcode fixes for the Asus-A-II?

Thanks!

Hi @kgp!

Quick question: Is the X99A2.CAP file attached to this guide already have the CPU Microcode fixes for the Asus-A-II?

Thanks!

Yes

@kgp, in trying again and again, to get the best performance out of the 5820K, I realised that I had missed step 5.1.2 in your guide. So I tried it just now, on the extracted BIOS update file for my motherboard (Gigabyte X99 UD4). When I run the actual UEFIPatch command in temrinal on my BIOS file, I get the following message

parseFile: non-empty pad-file contents will be destroyed after volume modifications
No patches can be applied to input file

Is there a way to cirumvent this errror and get the patches applied to my BIOS file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back